RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2022 WNBA Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/26/22 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Cambage has such an odd reputation. Everybody says she's a great player but nobody wants her on their team.

If she's so "great" why hasn't she elevated each team she's played for to the next level?

I hate being spoon fed a lie!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/26/22 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Kysre Gondrezick cleared waivers. I wonder if a team with budget problems might consider adding her.

I would take her over Ty Harris...but that's just me!

scullyfu

PostPosted: 01/26/22 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Who TF is Baybay?

LMMFAO🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Riquna Williams.

PostPosted: 01/26/22 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Obviously, Cambage is always a risk. However, this may actually be the best time to get her. Fresh off a public relations disaster with the Opals and now being shown the door by LVA, it's reasonable to believe Liz would be on her best behavior with her next team. As far as I know, she is not playing overseas. That means Cambage has no basketball affiliations whatsoever. She is totally unemployed without income except for OnlyFans and whatever DJ gigs she can rustle up. Liz is probably desperate right now. Consequently, you can expect her to mind her P's and Q's for this upcoming season. I'd give her a two-year contract, but with only the first year guaranteed. That way, if Cambage behaves herself in Year 1, you have her locked in for Year 2. If not, you can give Liz the boot with no further obligations.

PostPosted: 01/26/22 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Obviously, Cambage is always a risk. However, this may actually be the best time to get her. Fresh off a public relations disaster with the Opals and now being shown the door by LVA, it's reasonable to believe Liz would be on her best behavior with her next team. As far as I know, she is not playing overseas. That means Cambage has no basketball affiliations whatsoever. She is totally unemployed without income except for OnlyFans and whatever DJ gigs she can rustle up. Liz is probably desperate right now. Consequently, you can expect her to mind her P's and Q's for this upcoming season. I'd give her a two-year contract, but with only the first year guaranteed. That way, if Cambage behaves herself in Year 1, you have her locked in for Year 2. If not, you can give Liz the boot with no further obligations.

It's really a shame that she's such an asshole because she is a very rare and special talent who is robbing herself of true greatness.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 01/26/22 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
If she's so "great" why hasn't she elevated each team she's played for to the next level?

What kind of ahistorical nonsense is this? Vegas went from a lottery team in 2018 to the League Semifinals, in 2019. Who led the Aces in Win Shares in 2019? Cambage, that's who. Who led the Wings in Win Shares, when they made the playoffs in 2018? Cambage, that's who. And what happened, immediately after she left? They went back into the toilet, that's what happened.

You talk about being "spoon fed" a lie, but you're trying to feed us the lie that Cambage hasn't elevated her teams to the next level, which is a statement that can only be true if your thesis is that there are no levels between lottery and championship.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Shades

PostPosted: 01/26/22 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Obviously, Cambage is always a risk. However, this may actually be the best time to get her. Fresh off a public relations disaster with the Opals and now being shown the door by LVA

But there’s the element of what does she do to your locker room that you seem to be discounting. Does she unite a locker room or drive them apart? I sense eventually after a brief honeymoon period, she’ll always drive a team apart.

Is this also the perfect time to give Courtney Williams a chance? Is it reasonable to expect she’s now a changed person after her history of fighting? Is trash talking Curt Miller the person to change her? Curt Miller always talks about “the culture” he’s building over at the Sun. He’s so full of it.

root_thing wrote:
It's reasonable to believe Liz would be on her best behavior with her next team.

Reasonable except this is Cambage you’re talking about. Nothing is “reasonable” with her.

root_thing wrote:
As far as I know, she is not playing overseas. That means Cambage has no basketball affiliations whatsoever. She is totally unemployed without income except for OnlyFans and whatever DJ gigs she can rustle up. Liz is probably desperate right now.

She has ownership in some beverage company, and her sponsorship deals and whatever else she can rustle up. OnlyFans is likely more lucrative than you realize. I think she’s far from desperate enough to be scared into good behavior. And her behavior doesn’t seem to be something that can be controlled, even by herself.

I also think big conglomerates like Adidas and Nike are less worried about the sport presence as long as the athletes have a huge social media presence. So I doubt people like Cambage and Gondrezick are getting kicked to the curb, at least until they lose a lot more relevance.

root_thing wrote:
Consequently, you can expect her to mind her P's and Q's for this upcoming season. I'd give her a two-year contract, but with only the first year guaranteed. That way, if Cambage behaves herself in Year 1, you have her locked in for Year 2. If not, you can give Liz the boot with no further obligations.

She’s been talking about having a child for years now. What if she were to sign a guaranteed deal and proceed to get pregnant? It’s a risk with every player but even more so now with the new CBA that guarantees full salary and benefits. Is this something that Cambage would do intentionally? It’s reasonable to suspect she would.

At this point does anybody think Cambage is worried about her basketball legacy? It’s so beyond repair. She doesn’t care. Why do you?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/26/22 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

In a perfect world, I would love to see 11 teams pass on her, leaving Dallas as the one and only option, not because I want her back on my team, but just to be able to witness karma in action up close every game and see how much distain toward the league she would have!🤣🤣🤣

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/26/22 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

What kind of ahistorical nonsense is this? Vegas went from a lottery team in 2018 to the League Semifinals, in 2019. Who led the Aces in Win Shares in 2019? Cambage, that's who. Who led the Wings in Win Shares, when they made the playoffs in 2018? Cambage, that's who. And what happened, immediately after she left? They went back into the toilet, that's what happened.

You talk about being "spoon fed" a lie, but you're trying to feed us the lie that Cambage hasn't elevated her teams to the next level, which is a statement that can only be true if your thesis is that there are no levels between lottery and championship.

Vegas has a loaded roster, they would have been in the same position with or without her. In fact, they play better as a unit when Liz was not in the picture, but I digress!

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/26/22 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

I agree. You can say a lot of things about her attitude and the things that she does but you cant deny that she is an fantastic player. Pretty much unstoppable when she wants too be.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/26/22 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Cambage has such an odd reputation. Everybody says she's a great player but nobody wants her on their team.

When dialed in, she is an absolutely fantastic player. Again, when dialed in.

But it was very telling that Phoenix had the Opals' head coach as its head coach and Phoenix never made any overture, trade proposal, etc. to acquire Cambage.

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/26/22 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

But there’s the element of what does she do to your locker room that you seem to be discounting. Does she unite a locker room or drive them apart? I sense eventually after a brief honeymoon period, she’ll always drive a team apart.

I did start my post with, "Obviously, Cambage is always a risk." All business transactions are about risk and reward. If you're looking for no risk, then you shouldn't be in business. The good Liz is an upper echelon player. To me, it's worth taking a flyer on her for one year guaranteed. Until the incident with the Nigerian nationa team, I don't actually remember any of Cambage's teammates complaining about her. Yes, she's unreliable in terms of showing up. But once she does, I don't recall any grumbling about her being disruptive until the Nigerian skirmish. Unless someone can show me the quotes, it just sounds like people who hate Liz piling on with invented stuff.

Shades wrote:

She has ownership in some beverage company, and her sponsorship deals and whatever else she can rustle up. OnlyFans is likely more lucrative than you realize. I think she’s far from desperate enough to be scared into good behavior. And her behavior doesn’t seem to be something that can be controlled, even by herself.

I also think big conglomerates like Adidas and Nike are less worried about the sport presence as long as the athletes have a huge social media presence. So I doubt people like Cambage and Gondrezick are getting kicked to the curb, at least until they lose a lot more relevance.

Where are all these endorsement deals for Cambage? I haven't seen them. As far as an interest in "some beverage company" goes, celebrities invest in businesses all the time that don't amount to much. It appears to me that Cambage's outside activities are very dependent on her identity and success as a basketball player. Do people really love her as a DJ? Is she a fashion icon or an influencer of any kind? I know we hear about all these young people who come out of nowhere and become successful on the interent, but they stongly connect to their audience on some level. Do we have any proof Cambage is doing that? As for OnlyFans, I don't pretend to know how lucrative that is but I'm dubious about the long-term prospects. I do know that once pictures are available on the internet, they are very easily duplicated and redistributed. You can't lock them up behind a pay wall for very long.

Shades wrote:

She’s been talking about having a child for years now. What if she were to sign a guaranteed deal and proceed to get pregnant? It’s a risk with every player but even more so now with the new CBA that guarantees full salary and benefits. Is this something that Cambage would do intentionally? It’s reasonable to suspect she would.

Based on Liz saying she'd like to have a child some day, you think it's very probable that she'll sign a contract and then intentionally get pregnant. Really?

Shades wrote:

At this point does anybody think Cambage is worried about her basketball legacy? It’s so beyond repair. She doesn’t care. Why do you?

Wow, talk about a huge leap. Please point out where in my post I spoke about legacy -- much less me personally caring. We're just talking about Liz securing an WNBA gig this season and maybe behaving well enough to earn another year. How did you interpret that as my desire to salvage Cambage's place in basketball history?

PostPosted: 01/26/22 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
pilight wrote:

When dialed in, she is an absolutely fantastic player. Again, when dialed in.

But it was very telling that Phoenix had the Opals' head coach as its head coach and Phoenix never made any overture, trade proposal, etc. to acquire Cambage.

What team with BG is really going to make a heavy push for Liz?

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/26/22 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

I agree. You can say a lot of things about her attitude and the things that she does but you cant deny that she is an fantastic player. Pretty much unstoppable when she wants too be.

Unstoppable how....by whining, pouting, constantly complaining on EVERY single play to the refs, fake bullying like she's really about that life or maybe when she looks like she wants to cry after getting knocked on her ass by someone half her size! But if you'll say she's so great, who am I to argue😴

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/26/22 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
root_thing wrote:

It's really a shame that she's such an asshole because she is a very rare and special talent who is robbing herself of true greatness.

I don't think she's an asshole. She obviously has mental health issues, plus she is wishy washy and can't ever seem to make up her mind about anything. I think any woman who is that big meets a lot of adversity growing up which has to have an effect mentally/emotionally. But I wouldn't call her an asshole for any of that. You can certainly say she's not dependable...and probably some other adjectives as well.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 01/26/22 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For me, I wouldn't want Liz on my team but then again, I wouldn't want her on an opposing team either. So, if I owned a team, I'd keep or resign her.

In actuality, she's a unique colorful individual and a draw no matter where she goes, be it basketball, fashion, sporting events, night tv or elsewhere. She's a celebrity that draws attention and people's interest. We may find her making $$$ doing whatever.

She is what she is and no one is going to control or change her...

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 01/26/22 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:

Vegas has a loaded roster, they would have been in the same position with or without her.!

With the exception of Jackie Young, every rotation player on the Aces, the year Cambage got there, was on the roster the year before, and they went 14-20.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Davis4632

PostPosted: 01/27/22 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

Vegas has a loaded roster, they would have been in the same position with or without her. In fact, they play better as a unit when Liz was not in the picture, but I digress!

Vegas was good enough to make it to the finals the year she didn't play.

Last edited by Davis4632 on 01/27/22 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/27/22 4:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

Vegas has a loaded roster, they would have been in the same position with or without her.!

With the exception of Jackie Young, every rotation player on the Aces, the year Cambage got there, was on the roster the year before, and they went 14-20.

Guess we will have to wait and see the difference this upcoming season then.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/27/22 5:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

Unstoppable how....by whining, pouting, constantly complaining on EVERY single play to the refs, fake bullying like she's really about that life or maybe when she looks like she wants to cry after getting knocked on her ass by someone half her size! But if you'll say she's so great, who am I to argue😴

Are you talking about Taurasi or Cambage Wink

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 01/27/22 6:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

Or Parker?

Or almost any NBA player.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/27/22 6:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/27/22 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Chantel Jennings

@ChantelJennings

Unrestricted free agent Stef Dolson has narrowed her choices to New York and Seattle after eliminating Chicago, Vegas and Atlanta as landing spots, per league source.

11:02 AM · Jan 27, 2022·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/ChantelJennings/status/1486731300908187649

PostPosted: 01/27/22 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I don't think she's an asshole. She obviously has mental health issues, plus she is wishy washy and can't ever seem to make up her mind about anything. I think any woman who is that big meets a lot of adversity growing up which has to have an effect mentally/emotionally. But I wouldn't call her an asshole for any of that. You can certainly say she's not dependable...and probably some other adjectives as well.

Thank you. Well said.

PostPosted: 01/27/22 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Quote:
Chantel Jennings

@ChantelJennings

Unrestricted free agent Stef Dolson has narrowed her choices to New York and Seattle after eliminating Chicago, Vegas and Atlanta as landing spots, per league source.

11:02 AM · Jan 27, 2022·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/ChantelJennings/status/1486731300908187649

Dolson's PR team is winning the free agency period. Might as well film a docuseries with all the updates her camp is putting out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 7 of 21

Jump to: