40%
 40%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 30

mercfan3

PostPosted: 10/06/21 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
pilight wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
It just amazes me how much Vegas has disappeared this series.

They've been a paper tiger all season

Not even saying you're wrong: I'm just curious as to whether Connecticut is going to get any of this smoke?

I know, obviously, their record showed that they were the top..but let's pause for a second.

There's an obvious flaw in their roster on first look (they can't shoot).

In the other game that mattered, they were blown out by the Storm.

Their record from break looks good..but they really had an easy schedule.

And lets be honest, if we all looked at those two rosters in the beginning of the season, we all would have guessed that Chicago would win.

PostPosted: 10/06/21 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My preseason picks were Las Vegas #1, Chicago #2, with multiple teams tied at the 3rd tier (CON, SEA, PHO, MIN). So CHI beating CON was my pick from the beginning. Idea

Although, I didn't expect AT to come back in time, which made things interesting... that said, as previously said, AT's insertion might have disrupted CON's flow. Confused

Now if PHO upsets LV... I'm predicting a parade in Chicago
Razz

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/06/21 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Piggy backing off other comments here, although #1 losing to #6 is an upset on paper, it isn't really. The Sky have always had the potential to play like this. They got off to a slow start this season without Parker and Quigley, and then there was a pretty awkward growing period once their roster was at full strength. Talk about a team peaking at the right time.

As for Game 4, CT not having Briann January available was significant. Also, who would have predicted Sloot and Azura going a combined 8 for 10 on threes? Yes Parker had an incredible game but take away the Sky's unreal outside shooting and this game tilts towards CT.

A lot has been said about JJ not showing up and that AThomas disrupted the overall team rhythm. I'd tend to say both these sentiments are being a bit overblown. JJ had an unreal game 1 yet her team still lost. And were it not for AThomas's unreal game 2, this series would have been a Sky sweep.

PostPosted: 10/06/21 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago plays to the level of their competition, which is why they've finished in the middle of the pack the past several seasons. They can lose to the 12th-place team, but they can beat the 1st-place team... as they did in three different instances the past week & a half.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 10/06/21 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The place was on FIYAH tonight! I continue to be in shock that we are now going to be in the finals!

CT couldn't get it together, and we managed to hold our own even after trying to slump a few times. The Sky understood the assignment! Very Happy

PostPosted: 10/06/21 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duplicate post - darned phone!

PostPosted: 10/06/21 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky, are you READY to join the pantheon?
Da' Bears, Da' Bulls, Da' Hawks, Da' SKY!

PostPosted: 10/06/21 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sun played tired the entire game.

All right Sky...I had you in the finals before the season started...congrats - you did it. KEEP GOING!!!!

PostPosted: 10/06/21 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Sky, are you READY to join the pantheon?
Da' Bears, Da' Bulls, Da' Hawks, Da' SKY!

So happy for the Sky!!! I want Sloot to get a championship. And I want CP to get one for Chicago. Sad that we couldn’t be there for it, but enjoyed it from our couch here in Dallas.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 10/07/21 5:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gotta have dynamic guards. CT has none. This is not news.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 10/07/21 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It seems the Sun even with the return of AT was pretty much at their ceiling. The Sky seemed to continue to get better within this series. Several players that had big games were silenced by the Sky. AT was a surprise edition and was hitting right up until the end of the 3d game, but silent in the 4th.

Bonner, who seems to be a playoff assassin, was completely frustrated. Thomas had one good game and then was silenced. Even Jones, who I’m glad. Had a high scoring last game did not appear to do it by dominating the Sky. Except for the blow by Parker layups.

It just seems the coaching trio of Wade, Parker and Sloot had a much better grasp on this series than Curt and co did. Or the Sly just had more versatility and talent to accommodate to the demands the Sun impose.

Speaking of the blow-by layups, there is another obvious unknown quantity that I think needs recognition-Azura Stevens. Wow, how does Azura keep Jones in check so well. Several time Jones was able to outmuscle her for offensive rebounds, but when she left the game there were immediate runs on the Sky. So annoyed she was traded from my Wings, but hey, at least she went to my Sky.

A final thought, I do like the Sun team a lot and if my Wings and Sky couldn’t do it, I was hoping for them to win. However, their style of physical defense with two hands on the dribbler and cutter all the time detracts from the flow of basketball. I am very glad the finesse team with great team offense was able to come out on top.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 10/07/21 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I noticed that too that was helping Sky defend JJ & CP get rebs too.
myrtle wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
I get that any team would rather play with Alyssa Thomas than without her, but I feel like this series is Exhibit A as to why major personnel changes to start the play-offs is almost always a really bad idea.

It's a real problem on offense when Parker can play 10 feet off her and easily clog up the lane or double up on JJ.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: