RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

What's Your Mock Draft?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaqfan

PostPosted: 03/09/05 3:23 pm    ::: Not sure Reply Reply with quote

Well what I meant to say is: that is the position Janel will have to play in the W. We all know she cant play the 5 position, or center position in the W as she does now.

As far as Ohlde and Hayden, I realize Hayden is a 5 and Ohlde, when playing WITH Hayden is a 4, but playing without her, which happened more often last year, because of Haydens foot and then conditioning issues, well then she was our 5.

Womenshoops has talked about this before, regarding Janel and Tamika. Both have their strenths and weaknesses.

I just dont think Glenn will part with Tamika.

We all know that Janel will not be wearing a Lynx uniform.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/09/05 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Which position is that?

well, as always, the position designations break down. When Katie Smith started with T-Ed and Lassiter, she was the 2. When Katie started with T-Ed and Helen, she was the 3.

When Ohlde and Williams were on the floor together, Ohlde was always listed as center. When Ohlde and V were on the floor together, Ohlde was listed as forward.

None of it means much.

Ohlde, eg, often played more of a 4 on offense, but more of a 5 on defense. But it always depended on who else was on the floor for us, and whom we were playing.

The numbers and labels don't matter too much. Right now we have two very tall posts -- Hayden and Ohlde -- and one undersized post -- Williams. Adding Janel would mean adding another undersized. Trading one of the two tall ones to get her would be troublesome, in that it would leave us with only one tall player.

That is... unless they're serious about that Feenstra thing.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/09/05 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ohlde was the 4 offensively. Williams was the 5.

But who guarded the opposing team's best post player?

Quote:
That is... unless they're serious about that Feenstra thing.

I have seen Feenstra in person. She has one great step-through move, but that is it. She only scored points against Duke because of fouls to Chante Black, some of which were ticky-tack. Alison Bales and Black kept Feenstra in check for most of the game. And Feenstra will face better players in the W (though she will also have better teammates).

Feenstra is big and has very strong legs, but is she better than Michele Van Gorp? Doubtful at this point.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 03/09/05 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Twin Towers is one of the things I am most looking forward to seeing this year. I felt like we only got a tease last year. I e-mailed Coach SMS and told her as much. We have yet to see such a phenomenon in the W to date.

Seattle showed an interesting line up one time with LJ at the 3, KV at the 4 and Burse in the middle...now that would have been interesting to see develop. Well, Seattle still has Frierson, maybe they can get something similar together yet.

I really wouldn't want to see Minny lose any of the three, Olhde, Hayden or Williams for McCarville. The fans might see it differently, but a 4ever-bball-fan thinks all three are keepers for the Lynx.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/09/05 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Ohlde was the 4 offensively. Williams was the 5.

But who guarded the opposing team's best post player?

Usually Ohlde, but it depended on who the opposing team's best post player was. If the other team's best on the floor was a smaller but tougher stronger post, Tamika would sometimes take it.

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Feenstra is big and has very strong legs, but is she better than Michele Van Gorp? Doubtful at this point.

yeah, and at least Van Gorp comes with some nice politics. Feenstra comes with the opposite.

Shaqfan

PostPosted: 03/09/05 3:52 pm    ::: Gorp Reply Reply with quote

It doesnt sound like Gorp will be playing this summer. Not sure, but thats what the assitant coach said at a gathering a few weeks ago. She just got off crutches a month ago.

Regarding McCarville and the Lynx, well I think the fans realize its not going to happen.

The real fans, the ones that actually attend Lynx games, and actually know a little history, realize that the Twin towers are the best post players that this team has ever had. We all know we can not part with them, we would be crazy. They ARE our future. It is a completely different situation this year, regarding a gopher player joining the W. Last year, I would have traded anyone, but this year, no. And I love Janel more than I did Lindsay, but I also want the Lynx to be successful.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/09/05 4:12 pm    ::: Re: Gorp Reply Reply with quote

Shaqfan wrote:

The real fans, the ones that actually attend Lynx games, and actually know a little history, realize that the Twin towers are the best post players that this team has ever had. We all know we can not part with them, we would be crazy. They ARE our future. It is a completely different situation this year, regarding a gopher player joining the W. Last year, I would have traded anyone, but this year, no. And I love Janel more than I did Lindsay, but I also want the Lynx to be successful.

Well said.

Think David Robinson and Tim Duncan. I'm not saying it will necessarily be that powerful, but it could, and we should at least give it a shot.

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/09/05 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
Seattle showed an interesting line up one time with LJ at the 3, KV at the 4 and Burse in the middle...now that would have been interesting to see develop. Well, Seattle still has Frierson, maybe they can get something similar together yet.

I hope we don't see LJ at the 3 again. I've seen her trying to guard 3s and it's not pretty! Anne usually plays player to player D. I'd also rather have her in position for the offensive board
p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 03/09/05 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
Seattle showed an interesting line up one time with LJ at the 3, KV at the 4 and Burse in the middle...now that would have been interesting to see develop.

Along those lines, the possibility exists that Minnesota will use Stacey Lovelace-Tolbert at the '3' with Ohlde and Hayden this summer...

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/09/05 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:

Along those lines, the possibility exists that Minnesota will use Stacey Lovelace-Tolbert at the '3' with Ohlde and Hayden this summer...

with Katie at 2 and Sarah VanderTop at point?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: