RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

US Women's Open (Golf)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colt13

PostPosted: 07/10/10 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thompson's luck has held up. Highest person on the leaderboard to finish the 3rd round.

Yokomine channeled her inner Dustin Johnson and dropped 5 shots in her first 3 holes and 6 in the round so far.

Kerr can't run away with this, so tomorrow(barring weather) should be good.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 07/12/10 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to the Winner. Very Happy

I think that was good for the tour.

PostPosted: 07/12/10 5:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If was a great win for Creamer, frankly I didn't think she had it in her. It's easy to forget some of her wins, she's had some clutch wins before Sunday.

As for the tour, it's wide open as far as number 1, not sure if Kerr or Shinn will be number 1 this week but it's close.

Going forward of the Top Players, the Evian which pays as much as the Open Exclamation , is more of straight forward course. So I think it favors players like Shinn, Choi, and Kerr who can go really low.

I do think, given tough conditions, Creamer could win the British Open.

Her mental game was just amazing yesterday, and she said she didn't look at the leader board until the 18th, that takes control and focus, which I guess is how you win an Open.

PostPosted: 07/12/10 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Congrats to the Winner. Very Happy

I think that was good for the tour.

I know this much about women's golf ...' '.

I watched Saturday and Sunday and was intrigued, to say the least.

I'll be watching more.

If there's an event in Phoenix, I'd likely go based on what I saw this weekend.

PostPosted: 07/12/10 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the week I realized I wasn't a women's golf fan anymore. It's the first time in 20ish years I looked at the scores from an event and saw a name i'd never heard of before. Shean was very easy to root for, though.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/29/10 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Okay Van I want your opinion...

Whose going to win a tournament first, Tiger or Michelle?

My gut says Tiger. Laughing

I have no idea, Wie shot fucking 82, something like that, so, she may go to Stanford, she may be some sorta smart, but any idiot with her talent should be able to get around in par. You hit some short club in the short grass, you keep your ball below the hole, you two putt up the fucking hill, you shoot 73 like every other great fucking golfer on the planet, that is what you do, nope, Wie shoots 82...

TIGER.

Well...the LPGA and PGA almost got their Tiger/Michelle day again. It looked good Thursday.. Laughing

Congrats to the Big Wiezy.

PostPosted: 08/30/10 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Okay Van I want your opinion...

Whose going to win a tournament first, Tiger or Michelle?

My gut says Tiger. Laughing

I have no idea, Wie shot fucking 82, something like that, so, she may go to Stanford, she may be some sorta smart, but any idiot with her talent should be able to get around in par. You hit some short club in the short grass, you keep your ball below the hole, you two putt up the fucking hill, you shoot 73 like every other great fucking golfer on the planet, that is what you do, nope, Wie shoots 82...

TIGER.

Well...the LPGA and PGA almost got their Tiger/Michelle day again. It looked good Thursday.. Laughing

Congrats to the Big Wiezy.

Thursday it was a trfecta, Daly was in second on the Nationwide event.

That was a lot of fun watching yesterday. Once again I was impressed, but she did seem to lose focus on 16 and 17, I think that is one of her main problems, her mind tends to wander, even with her intense, one shot at a time philosophy.

But she was impressive all week, did not really make all that many putts, but a hole in one, and a holed sand shot, and a holed chip shot make up for it.

Her short game and putting are getting a lot better. She will be #1 after she finishes school, and not too long after either.

That is my prediction.

There is one thing that had me scratching my head though. Judy Rankin pointed out that she uses an X shaft in her driver. That is an ultra stiff shaft, not many men use that shaft. Theoretically it should help her hit it straighter, but she is ranked 100 and something in accuracy, it ain't working. They need to do some work on a driver shaft if you ask me? She needs to find a S shaft that kicks well with her natural tempo.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: