RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Goldmine of Talent Returns For '05-'06 Women's College Baske

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SportsPageMike

PostPosted: 10/19/05 6:35 am    ::: Goldmine of Talent Returns For '05-'06 Women's College Baske Reply Reply with quote

Goldmine of Talent Returns For '05-'06 Women's College Basketball Season

By Frank Jakka, Nationa Staff Writer: October 19, 2005

A plethora of talent remains for the upcoming 2005-06 women’s college basketball season. Headlining the return of top players is last season’s consensus national player of the year...

http://www.sportspagemagazine.com/published/UConn/goldmine-of-talent-return.shtml

PostPosted: 10/19/05 6:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For Vanderbilt, both Carla Thomas and Dee Davis are juniors.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 10/19/05 6:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
NCAA Most Outstanding Player Sophia Young averaged 18.4 ppg, along with 9.3 rpg., and returns for Baylor. The 6-1 Young will have her hands full duplicating last season’s results this year, as opposing defenses will be schemed to contain her.
Good luck, y'all! She's strong, she's sure, she's in control, a lady with a plan. http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/bay/graphics/sophia%20young.jpg

WtnTrans

PostPosted: 10/19/05 8:17 am    ::: thank you Reply Reply with quote

Thanks Vandy, I made the corrections.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 10/20/05 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No nothing for Khara Smith??? Sad

PostPosted: 10/20/05 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for including Heidi McNeill! She flew under the national radar her entire HS career and will make some noise in the post for the Huskies this season.

WtnTrans

PostPosted: 10/21/05 7:29 am    ::: Khara Smith Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:
No nothing for Khara Smith??? Sad

I apologize to the young lady and to DePaul University. Her name was just forgotten.

tag3

PostPosted: 10/22/05 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oklahoma's Leah Rush is a junior, not a senior

ddubdawg

PostPosted: 10/27/05 3:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would like to echo wadethered's comments. McNeill, I believe will come into the UW line-up and make a difference immediately. The thing we have been missing for the lasts couple of years was post depth and Heidi will be able to help with that in so many ways. This year's Husky team reminds me so much of the Elite Eight team from 2000-2001 it is scary. Look out y'all the Dawgs are coming your way.
Okay back on topic, I so believe that the returning players are the deepest that the college scene has seen possibly ever. And it only makes the season that much more enjoyable because we are starting to see some teams reahing heights seen previously only by the Tennessees, Connecticuts and Dukes of the college basketball world. If you think this year's Final Four was unpredictable, just wait for 2006. It will truly be March Madness at its best.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: