RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rene Portland has a fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carol Anne

PostPosted: 10/24/05 6:17 am    ::: Rene Portland has a fan Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Centre Daily Times -- Opinion -- Your Letters

Why don't the people protesting against Penn State Lady Lions basketball coach Rene Portland take an in-depth look into this great woman's background?

She should be highly recommended for the Nobel Peace Prize rather than be the focus of a wrongful protest.

I know of many of her acts of kindness and love for God and country. She has gone far above and beyond the call of duty to make this a better world, and not just be an outstanding coach at Penn State.

Robert M. Dively
Port Matilda

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/news/opinion/12974648.htm

FeFi

PostPosted: 10/24/05 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Perhaps Mr. Dively should alert the Pope that Rene's ready to be canonized. Securing world peace and finding a cure for cancer while also finding time to coach, what can't this woman do???

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 10/24/05 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not only are the letters and opinions printed in today's Penn State college newspaper today running 100:1 in favor of Ms Portland, but, like the gentleman from Fort Matilda who thought she should be given the Nobel Peace Prize, and Brianne O'Rourke's mother who called her a 'role model', one of the alumni who writes in emplores Rene to 'keep up the good work'.

Quote:

It is about time for these “closet” people to quit hiding. If any of the accusations are true, and I doubt they are, it is still Portland's job to protect the other players from them.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/opinions/opinions.asp

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 10/24/05 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How could I forget? Rene Portland was named the Penn State 2005 Renaissance Person of the Year! (Why do I hear Keith Olbermann's voice saying that?" Rolling Eyes http://www.development.psu.edu/news/002996/default.aspx

umbeta1455

PostPosted: 10/24/05 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only thing I give Rene Portland credit for is making Kelly Mazzante look like a better basketball player than she actually is. Not saying she's a bad player, but she wasn't as good as the press was letting on. I mean Jessica Brungo even got drafted ahead of Mazzante. I do think that Mazzante might do better now that she is under a new coach.

Curious

PostPosted: 10/24/05 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FeFi wrote:
Perhaps Mr. Dively should alert the Pope that Rene's ready to be canonized. Securing world peace and finding a cure for cancer while also finding time to coach, what can't this woman do???

The cry from the masses goes out, "Death before Cannonization!"

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 10/24/05 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We all know Rene Portland has fans:

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1231684&page=1

O.G.

PostPosted: 10/24/05 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Robert M. Dively
Port Matilda"

His name, the name of his hometown and his swishy writing style lead me to suspect that he is a homosexual. I'm going to contact Rene Portland right away and have him removed from the Centre Daily Times letters page. Perhaps he can transfer to a letters page which accepts the Port Matilda Divelys and their ilk; it's really none of my concern.

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 10/24/05 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

O.G. wrote:
"Robert M. Dively
Port Matilda"

His name, the name of his hometown and his swishy writing style lead me to suspect that he is a homosexual. I'm going to contact Rene Portland right away and have him removed from the Centre Daily Times letters page. Perhaps he can transfer to a letters page which accepts the Port Matilda Divelys and their ilk; it's really none of my concern.

In the world that Mr. Dively and so many other supporters of Rene Portland live in, Discrimination has been cured. Discrimination happened long ago and nobody does it any more. People who claim to have been discriminated against are malcontents and agitators. And if anybody is being discriminated against these days, it is because they are perverts and an abomination in the eyes of God and not worthy of our understanding or the protection of our laws. In the world that Mr. Dively lives in. Him and the Republican Party.

PostPosted: 10/24/05 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure who these "supporters" are, but I'd like to make this observation:

Often those who claim that there is no longer discrimination are those who are privileged to start with and would never be the object of discrimination. So essentially they don't know what they're talking about.

Also, not sure what Portland's alleged "love for God" has to do with anything. Or perhaps Mr. Drively is insinuating that God really does care who wins basketball games and thus has bestowed on Portland some wins here and there in reward for her devotion.

It's all just very disturbing!

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 10/24/05 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking only for myself, I've never found it funny when it's said that a homophobic person is a homosexual. Crying or Very sad

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 10/25/05 1:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another pro-Rene fan (Sal) gives it up for Rene on the Penn Live board. Laughing http://www.pennlive.com/forums/psuhoopswomen/
Quote:
Sal: Renee, I just want to give you my total support in this persecuation you seam to bee going threw.
Renege: That's with one "e", but thanks...Do I know you?

Sal: Of course, were old frends. I met you once at a AAU game 15 years ago. Remeber?

Renege: Of course I do...sure. You had a player you were proud to have me coach, right?

Sal: There ya go, Renee. I knew youd remeber me.

Renege: Of course, uh?

Sal: Sal.

Renege: Right, Sal...Sal...Is that short for Sally? Wait, you're not some kind of transgendered freakazoid sent here to infiltrate my klan by the NCLR, are you?

Sal: Know way. Im all man, Renee.

Renege: Rene.

Sal: Oh, yea...well, god luck, Renee...uh, Rene, you kick that lesbos butt. She deserves it, that ingrateful trailor trash wench.

Renege: Oh, that cancer doesn't worry me, it's the other 100 or so I have offended that have me lying through my big rat like teeth.

Sal: Hey, I love your smile. Its reel nice. I'd be honered to let you ruin my daughters life. I mean run, my dughters life. God nose Im doing my best, but i jest no you could do so much beeter.

Annie: Hey, Rene, you better stop over here. Some mutant just posted your real hair color, address, and home phone number on the penn live forum. You need to get that taken down.

Renege: What the? I have to run off another post? %$^&#$%^*?(!/]%^&, it Annie. These #&%*#^$ lesbos are gonna lick me yet.

Annie: (To media gathering) She didn't mean that the way that sounded. Come on Rene, let's go.

Sal: God luck, Renee...you have my full support, and that of everyone like mee.

Renege: Annie, do we still have that doctor's report? I think I'm going to need an out.

Annie: Yeah, I sent it to Kinko's for a few extra copies..

Renege: What? What cop's extra kinky? Does Joe know about this? Jesus #$/?%^&$#*#& H. Christ. Do you think he has to deal with homos in his program?

PSU S.I.D.: (to gathering media) Uh, she said, "Homies." and I assure you, Joe Paterno has a lot of homos, uh check that, homies in his program. At Penn State we DO NOT discriminate...No, really. I mean it...I'm not joking...Uh, Annie? Can I get one of those medical reports?
-glute

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 10/25/05 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
Another pro-Rene fan (Sal) gives it up for Rene on the Penn Live board. Laughing http://www.pennlive.com/forums/psuhoopswomen/

That Penn State Women's Hoops board is addictive reading! The most astonishing things are being posted there about Rene. Shocked

Quote:
...Rene Portland prides herself on being the female Bobby Knight. And she practices that to the end. The reason Bobby Knight is a slightly better person than Rene is that at least with him there is no question what you are getting. Rene puts up this facade and makes people believe she is Mother Theresa, when she is really just the female version of Bobby Knight. And she's not even as good of a coach as Knight, so he has her beat on all sides. by psuneedshelp, 10/24/05 22:39 ET

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: