RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

LPGA: Kraft nabisco - quote and notes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanyogan

PostPosted: 04/02/10 8:28 pm    ::: LPGA: Kraft nabisco - quote and notes Reply Reply with quote

We all love to bitch slap ESPN, maybe a day late and a dollar short, but the coverage this year has been stellar. Perhaps ESPN wants to hang on to their money maker. They even provide coverage on ESPN 360. But the stellar part has been the camera coverage and the color commentary, this year it has been hillaririous, a lot joking but not in a condescending sort of way. Clearly the color is a product of the tour player's personality.

The quality of color comment. Curtis Strange, back to back US Open Champion, Andy North, two time US Open Champion, Paul Azzinger, PGA champion.

Quote (Paraphrase): Rankin discussing Catriona Matthew winning the British Open, "she won the British Open last year while 11 weeks pregnant"

Brad Van Pelt: You know Judy, "most men I know call in sick with a head cold" ... "this woman won a major championship carrying another human being around with her!"

Notes:

Michelle Wie: her swing looks as good as I have ever seen it.

The Course: I remember watching this tourney in it's early stages, the course looked so benign, I was sort unimpressed with the women. The topography and design of the course makes it hard. But the course has grown up, more telegenic, and the coverage and camera angles have improved. Had I seen the video 30 years ago I see today, I would respect this course, it's frigg'n tough. A lot of spots where you are dead if you miss there.

The Leader board: Stellar as always. This tourney is like the "women's" Masters, it really doesn't start until the back nine on Sunday. The course is too tough, too many potential big numbers.

But the point of the post, best women sport coverage ESPN has, rivals their Softball World Series coverage in quality and entertainment value.

They have replays and extended coverage on ESPN 360...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: