RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Hawks Center Jason Collier Dies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoopladreams

PostPosted: 10/15/05 11:44 am    ::: Atlanta Hawks Center Jason Collier Dies Reply Reply with quote

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/hawks/1005/15collier.html

Quote:
Atlanta Hawks center Jason Collier died early Saturday morning of an apparent heart attack. He was 28.

Collier experienced chest pains and his wife performed CPR and called 911.

Hawks players were notified of Collier's death at 9:30 a.m. Saturday morning before a scheduled workout was cancelled.

Collier, who played at Georgia Tech, was the longest tenured Hawk player, joining the team for the 2003-04 season after spending three seasons in Houston.

Isn't this like the 4th young, supposedly healthy athlete that has died suddenly in the past few months? I'm not sure whether he's had a history of heart problems or not, but it breaks my heart every time this kind of thing happens.

Healthy young althletes just shouldn't be keeling over dead like this! What a shame Sad

R.I.P.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 10/16/05 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

amazing and devastating at the same time. I hope the Knicks and Curry take note and make sure another tragedy is averted.

hoopladreams

PostPosted: 10/16/05 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
amazing and devastating at the same time. I hope the Knicks and Curry take note and make sure another tragedy is averted.

Here's a longer, more detailed article that discusses this latest incident and ties it to the Curry situation and the recent flurry of NBA heart problems...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-051015nbacollier,1,7440359.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

Hopefully basketball doesn't become like football where everyone just stands by idly as a few players drop dead every year Rolling Eyes

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 10/17/05 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

R.I.P. Jason Collier Sad

This sucks. How do these young guys/girls keep passing out and dying like this? Do teams not make cardiac tests mandatory? This is beyond ridiculous!

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: