RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Recruit says she’ll ‘probably’ be a Lady Razorback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deanjet

PostPosted: 09/24/05 7:04 pm    ::: Recruit says she’ll ‘probably’ be a Lady Razorback Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wholehogsports.com/story.php?paper=adg&storyid=129332

Byhalia’s Ashley Wilson, 6-3, has committed to Arkansas and will visit the Lady Razorbacks after she takes the ACT in a couple of weeks, but Arkansas may still have some work to get her signature in November. "I still plan to visit other schools," Wilson said. "I will visit Ole Miss, maybe Memphis. Miami has offered, but I don’t know if I’m interested in them or not.

PostPosted: 09/24/05 7:16 pm    ::: Re: Recruit says she’ll ‘probably’ be a Lady Razorback Reply Reply with quote

deanjet wrote:
http://www.wholehogsports.com/story.php?paper=adg&storyid=129332

Byhalia’s Ashley Wilson, 6-3, has committed to Arkansas and will visit the Lady Razorbacks after she takes the ACT in a couple of weeks, but Arkansas may still have some work to get her signature in November. "I still plan to visit other schools," Wilson said. "I will visit Ole Miss, maybe Memphis. Miami has offered, but I don’t know if I’m interested in them or not.

How are the Lady Backs looking for this year DJ?

Grumps

deanjet

PostPosted: 09/25/05 8:47 am    ::: Re: Recruit says she’ll ‘probably’ be a Lady Razorback Reply Reply with quote

We still have Sarah Pfeifer and Kristen Moore is coming back from and ACL injury, but our post game has to be a major concern. We have only one player over 6-0--Kristina Andjelkovic. The guard play should be OK and I expect Pfeifer to continue to build on her great performances, but I cannot honestly see us competing against quality SEC teams without legitimate posts. I hope that I am wrong.

The good news is Susie Gardner is beginning to pick up quality players in recruiting. She has three commitments this year--2 over 6-2, and two verbals from Juniors as well. However, Coach Gardner really needs to sign Jr. Whitney Zachariason. IMO, she was the best player in the state last season. Someone posted on an Arkansas message board this week that coaches from Duke, Texas, La Tech, and Ole Miss were at the school recruiting her recently. We are also leading for a couple of strong sophomores, one that looking at Arkansas, Tennessee, and Stanford, and the other considering Arkansas and Tennessee.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/story.php?paper=adg&storyid=128815

Still, I am ready to get the season started!

PostPosted: 09/25/05 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whew...sounds like height is going to be a problem this year...Nothing to do about that now...Hope your recruits pan out...

Grumps

KatValeska

PostPosted: 09/25/05 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That lack of physical stature will almost certainly become a problem at some point this season.

When does CU transfer Leslie Howard become eligible to play for y'all? I'm assuming January of 06? If so, she's an excellent rebounder for an off guard so hopefully that will be of some help.

I do hope you'll be keeping us mountain folk up to date on how Howard and Melissa Hobbs are panning out down there.

Good luck.

deanjet

PostPosted: 09/25/05 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will keep you updated ProfessorChaos06, and I think she becomes eligible following final exams in December. Hobbs' first game, I think, was around December 15 last year.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: