RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Team Handball

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeachBasket

PostPosted: 08/10/08 12:50 am    ::: Team Handball Reply Reply with quote

As per usual, Team Handball representing the Olympics at their best. Great match today between Russia and South Korea in preliminary pool play ends in a 29-29 tie.

jimmyk

PostPosted: 08/10/08 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched a bit of handball on Saturday. It was pretty interesting, but I didn't get to watch all of it. It seems interesting enough to me, why isn't it more popular here?

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 08/10/08 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dumb luck got me into the men's finals in Athens accompanied by a former member of the US Handball team.... we agreed it was a very American sport -- fast, physical, a combo of a lot of sports.

He did say that every time the game is broadcast and US fans see it, the US handball assoc. phones ring off the hook.

PostPosted: 08/10/08 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You know, it might be a good idea to start (if there isn't one and we just don't know it) a women's handball league here. Invite some from overseas to play, make it kinda like soccer. I think it might work.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 08/11/08 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw part of the France/Aruba game the other day, and totally fell in love with this sport. I will be looking to see more of it as the Games progress. Very fast pace, and as was stated here, a mix of several athletic skill sets.

PostPosted: 08/11/08 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've not followed this but just watched the Brazil and Hungary game and I like it, so as best I can I'm going to follow and watch the championships(besides Olympics), if they show them anywhere, but I imagine we would have to buy the international package with DirecTV.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: