RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

American women aim to stay on top despite little practice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 07/29/08 10:28 pm    ::: American women aim to stay on top despite little practice Reply Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?slug=txwomensbasketball&prov=st&type=lgns
Quote:
“Once in Beijing, we have to be ready,” Donovan told the Kansas City Star. “But we already have players and coaches who understand what it takes to win. … I really think we can come back with a gold medal.

“We have great chemistry. We understand the target is on our back.”

PostPosted: 07/29/08 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm slightly worried about our practice time together, which I assume is much less than other countries. But we still definitely have the team that can bring home the gold!

PostPosted: 07/29/08 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

although the players haven't all played together as one team, every player has at least had time to player with others on the team with the exception of a 2 which i think was stated in another article (Lisa Leslie and Cappie Pondexter were the only players who never played on a team together) so their chemistry should be there and the comfortable feeling of having played with each other in the past, with the except of 2006 this has worked in the past so hopefully they will be able to regain their chemistry quickly

GO USA!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: