RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UT Lady Vols

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/01/05 9:09 am    ::: UT Lady Vols Reply Reply with quote

Thought UT looked a lot better last night against UGA than any other game I had seen thus far.

They were moving better on offense, getting the posts involved in an inside-out system, and the guards were very strong. Eventually someone has to figure out that spin move Wiley-Gatewood has, but for now it's devastating.

I also thought Ely played the best beginning to end game I've ever seen out of her. Good boarding, solid defense and the usual points.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/01/05 11:46 am    ::: Re: UT Lady Vols Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Thought UT looked a lot better last night against UGA than any other game I had seen thus far.

They were moving better on offense, getting the posts involved in an inside-out system, and the guards were very strong. Eventually someone has to figure out that spin move Wiley-Gatewood has, but for now it's devastating.

I also thought Ely played the best beginning to end game I've ever seen out of her. Good boarding, solid defense and the usual points.

They have no focus, no killer instinct this year. I'm not feeling real warm and fuzzy about their chances. They have been doing enough to win, but they don't shift into a higher gear, if they do it is very short-lived and not maintained. Lot of good players, but I don't know, they just don't look like a contender, they might get there, but it's hard to tell, I guess the future is dependent on Fluker, she is the one that seems to bring it every night, but some nights the refs don't like her game and she sees the bench.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/01/05 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wow, reb and you thought I was critical before? Come off the ledge, your team is still top 5, a whole lot better off than my Huskies! Laughing

Patience shall be rewarded in March....

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/01/05 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
wow, reb and you thought I was critical before? Come off the ledge, your team is still top 5, a whole lot better off than my Huskies! Laughing

It wasn't so much the game last night, it's been the last few games that have been rather less than awe-inspiring, they had Ky at home by 23 in the first half, and win the game by 15 or so, they were actually behind in the 2nd half at South Carolina, those are the kind of games that concern you, it's the part about they aren't bringing it from start to finish that concerns you, if you just turn it on when you think you have to, you'll be in deep doo doo one day and it's too late before you realize you need to turn it up.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/01/05 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They may not need to have that killer instinct this year. There aren't any great teams out there and only a few really good ones. LSU as the presumptive favorite has the same problem putting teams away, witness all the leads they've blown or nearly blown.

PostPosted: 02/01/05 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Also, I think Loree Moore broke her nose last night, that's the word I'm hearing, I don't doubt it, the way she swooned at the end, I'd say she probably did, she's had a rough go of it, had the tonsils removed and it was supposedly the first time she had been able to breath right in years, so she breaks her nose. ;(

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/01/05 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was one of the most bizarre injuries I've ever seen. She's hit with a backhand from the off arm as a player goes by. Didn't even look hard when I saw it. Then she's dropping like a stone.

The girl can't catch a break, that's for sure.

Did you hear them comment Carrie Graf was there last night? Who was she checking out? Couldn't be Ely for #3....Moore for a later round? Can Diana handle more UT players????

stever

PostPosted: 02/01/05 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was good to see Shyra take care of 'bidness last night, but I had the same thought as I did Sunday watching UCON/ND...is this a Final Four-worthy team?
I'm half expecting an all-Cinderalla FF this year!

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 02/01/05 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
That was one of the most bizarre injuries I've ever seen. She's hit with a backhand from the off arm as a player goes by. Didn't even look hard when I saw it. Then she's dropping like a stone.

The girl can't catch a break, that's for sure.

Did you hear them comment Carrie Graf was there last night? Who was she checking out? Couldn't be Ely for #3....Moore for a later round? Can Diana handle more UT players????

Phoenix wouldn't take Shyra @ #3. Probably Loree for a second round player (backup PG...Phoenix could use one).

pilight

PostPosted: 02/01/05 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix might be thinking about trading down, or just acquiring another first round pick. They could be scouting for future drafts. They could have been hoping for an Ebony Felder sighting. They could be looking for weaknesses in Ely's game in case she goes to another western conference team.

PostPosted: 02/01/05 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Perhaps Carrie Graf was just looking for some booty...

~rAf

~rAf
Keegan

PostPosted: 02/01/05 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix's current backup PG, Jae Cross, is more than adequate (and certainly better than Loree Moore). Now I think starting PG could be an issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: