RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seimone Augustus still humble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 08/01/05 5:36 am    ::: Seimone Augustus still humble Reply Reply with quote

http://www.acadiananow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050801/SPORTS/50801001/1006

Q: There is a lot of concern that your desire to be a fashion designer may keep you from extending your basketball career in the WNBA after finishing at LSU?

A: That won’t happen. I’m going to play in the WNBA. I have put too much hard work into the game of basketball not to play.

PostPosted: 08/01/05 9:15 am    ::: Re: Seimone Augustus still humble Reply Reply with quote

Not that I dislike SA by any means, but why was she nominated for an ESPY when Sophia Young is walking around with a NC ring?

pilight wrote:
http://www.acadiananow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050801/SPORTS/50801001/1006

Q: There is a lot of concern that your desire to be a fashion designer may keep you from extending your basketball career in the WNBA after finishing at LSU?

A: That won’t happen. I’m going to play in the WNBA. I have put too much hard work into the game of basketball not to play.

PostPosted: 08/03/05 8:06 am    ::: Re: Seimone Augustus still humble Reply Reply with quote

Not that I dislike SA by any means, but why was she nominated for an ESPY when Sophia Young is walking around with a NC ring?

Because she was the National Player of the Year.

PostPosted: 08/03/05 8:31 am    ::: Re: Seimone Augustus still humble Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:

So, okay, why was she NPOY when Kendra Wecker averaged a double-double and played defense?

~Bill

PostPosted: 08/03/05 11:19 am    ::: Re: Seimone Augustus still humble Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:
icey23 wrote:

So, okay, why was she NPOY when Kendra Wecker averaged a double-double and played defense?

~Bill

Wecker got schooled by another NPOY candidate, Monique Currie.

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 08/03/05 11:54 am    ::: Re: Seimone Augustus still humble Reply Reply with quote

The night after she scored 41 points, if memory serves. And I got a photo that suggests KW was very, very tired.I don't think Currie would have "schooled" her if they had both been fresh.

Btw, and for the record, Currie was not NPOY, did not average a double-double, and does not have a NC ring. So back to my original question: Why was Siemone the ESPY nominee?

~Bill

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
bballjunkee212 wrote:
icey23 wrote:

~Bill

PostPosted: 08/03/05 12:05 pm    ::: Re: Seimone Augustus still humble Reply Reply with quote

Cam, your "schooling" statement got me curious, so I went back to the box score on that KSU/Duke game. Currie had 25 points and 8 rebounds in 36 minutes, Wecker had 15/5 in 39 minutes. So yeah, Currie had the better performance. But I think the real "schooling" came from Williams and Bales, who both had double-doubles, 12/10 and 11/13, respectively.

~Bill

bballjunkee212 wrote:
The night after she scored 41 points, if memory serves. And I got a photo that suggests KW was very, very tired.I don't think Currie would have "schooled" her if they had both been fresh.

Btw, and for the record, Currie was not NPOY, did not average a double-double, and does not have a NC ring. So back to my original question: Why was Siemone the ESPY nominee?

~Bill

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
bballjunkee212 wrote:
icey23 wrote:

~Bill

PostPosted: 08/03/05 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wecker shot 6-18 while being defended by Currie.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/03/05 1:24 pm    ::: Re: Seimone Augustus still humble Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:
Cam, your "schooling" statement got me curious, so I went back to the box score on that KSU/Duke game. Currie had 25 points and 8 rebounds in 36 minutes, Wecker had 15/5 in 39 minutes. So yeah, Currie had the better performance. But I think the real "schooling" came from Williams and Bales, who both had double-doubles, 12/10 and 11/13, respectively.

~Bill

Very curious indeed... Exclamation Idea

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/03/05 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wecker could not defend Currie, while Currie shut down Wecker. Wecker shot 6-18 and had 5 turnovers. As I recall, she had a few late baskets when the game was decided.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/03/05 2:38 pm    ::: Re: Seimone Augustus still humble Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:

~Bill

Don't worry about Cam's opinion Bill... Cam is from Duke, and he always substitutes facts with his personal desire to pump up anyone from that program or anyone that he likes. It's his M.O. Since Currie is from Duke, he's aggressively protecting her, and has no qualms about being rude about it. Hence, the schooling comment. Idea

dtsnms

PostPosted: 08/03/05 2:46 pm    ::: Re: Seimone Augustus still humble Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
bballjunkee212 wrote:

~Bill

Don't worry about Cam's opinion Bill... Cam is from Duke, and he always substitutes facts with his personal desire to pump up anyone from that program or anyone that he likes. It's his M.O. Since Currie is from Duke, he's aggressively protecting her, and has no qualms about being rude about it. Hence, the schooling comment. Idea

What am I missing? Weckere had 41 the night before, and Currie held her to 15 on miserable shooting and committed 5 turnovers. Currie scored 25, and Duke held KState to 17 first half points. It sounds like a schooling to me.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 08/03/05 5:13 pm    ::: Re: Seimone Augustus still humble Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
bballjunkee212 wrote:

~Bill

What am I missing? Weckere had 41 the night before, and Currie held her to 15 on miserable shooting and committed 5 turnovers. Currie scored 25, and Duke held KState to 17 first half points. It sounds like a schooling to me.

Idea

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/03/05 6:28 pm    ::: Re: Seimone Augustus still humble Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
bballjunkee212 wrote:
Cam, your "schooling" statement got me curious, so I went back to the box score on that KSU/Duke game. Currie had 25 points and 8 rebounds in 36 minutes, Wecker had 15/5 in 39 minutes. So yeah, Currie had the better performance. But I think the doubles, 12/10 and 11/13, respectively.real "schooling" came from Williams and Bales, who both had double-

~Bill

You aren't missing anything, DTS. Funny how Admiral is going to pseudo-defending Wecker, when he has been trashing her for five months, questioning how she could have been included in the list of top players in the 2005 draft.

Even worse, Admiral accuses me of what he does...and of what he knows I don't do...substituting personal desire for fact. See Admiral's comments about the "sharp" shooting, defense, and leadership of Allison Feaster, the "passing" prowess of Svetlana Abrosimova, etc. A member of the Lynx organization had to come on this board and tell him that w/r/t his Admiral's comments, "even by [his] long-established standards, this is utter nonsense."

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 08/05/05 6:05 pm    ::: Re: Seimone Augustus still humble Reply Reply with quote

OK Admiral...now you've done it! You can throw whatever punches you feel compelled to...but Mo Currie will stand up to anything you can manage. Watch her VERY carefully this year when she plays alongside talented veteran guards and post players and a very deep bench. This is the year that the rest of you finally get to see the Monique that took my breath away by halftime of her first exhibition game in a Duke uni.

So Admiral: bring it on! Monique's play this year will make your silliness apparent for all but the terminally moronic.

Word of warning: Don't mess with Mo cuz it'll just bite you in the butt.

~rAf

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: