RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

'No Name-Calling Week' Begins in Schools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 01/24/05 1:19 pm    ::: 'No Name-Calling Week' Begins in Schools Reply Reply with quote

"No Name-calling Week" takes aim at insults of all kinds — whether based on a child's appearance, background or behavior. But a handful of conservative critics have zeroed in on the references to harassment based on sexual orientation.

"I hope schools will realize it's less an exercise in tolerance than a platform for liberal groups to promote their pan-sexual agenda," said Robert Knight, director of Concerned Women for America's Culture and Family Institute.

"Schools should be steering kids away from identifying as gay," Knight said. "You can teach civility to kids and tell them every child is valued without conveying the message that failure to accept homosexuality as normal is a sign of bigotry."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=519&e=1&u=/ap/20050124/ap_on_re_us/no_name_calling

PostPosted: 01/24/05 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Things are gettin' a might interesting in the dts household. Dani has started asking about "gay" and what it means. We've been honest, and she is puzzled to say the least! It's led to some pretty good chuckles between my wife and I as we can see the gears trying to process this whole men like men not women thing. Right now, I just think she views it as additional competition for the boys she likes.

This is of course is the kid who everytime we mention "THE BOOK" (the one we bought about the birds and the bees) and want to sit down with her to discuss the subject absolutely freaks, covering ther ears and saying "not now, not now!"

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 01/24/05 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least you're having SOME discussions about it rather than sweeping it under the rug like many other families do.

I think it's a nice gesture for the schools to have this. I'm sure some freaks will say that schools are embracing and/or promoting homosexuality, but I don't see these bullies promoting anything but violence on their fellow students.

dtsnms wrote:
Things are gettin' a might interesting in the dts household. Dani has started asking about "gay" and what it means. We've been honest, and she is puzzled to say the least! It's led to some pretty good chuckles between my wife and I as we can see the gears trying to process this whole men like men not women thing. Right now, I just think she views it as additional competition for the boys she likes.

This is of course is the kid who everytime we mention "THE BOOK" (the one we bought about the birds and the bees) and want to sit down with her to discuss the subject absolutely freaks, covering ther ears and saying "not now, not now!"

Keegan

PostPosted: 01/24/05 6:21 pm    ::: Re: 'No Name-Calling Week' Begins in Schools Reply Reply with quote

What is the obsession with sexuality over there? Sheesh.

I think all these "moral" people get off talking about it.

Can somebody tell me why there's male director speaking on behalf of an organisation which has 'Women' in its title? Is it meant to reinforce that women are still subservient to men?

DTS, good to see you're talking about sexual issues with your children. Some parents claim that it's hard to explain homosexuality to children - um, no it's not. Just avoid drawing diagrams Twisted Evil
dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/25/05 1:04 pm    ::: Re: 'No Name-Calling Week' Begins in Schools Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:

DTS, good to see you're talking about sexual issues with your children. Some parents claim that it's hard to explain homosexuality to children - um, no it's not. Just avoid drawing diagrams Twisted Evil

Thanks for the chuckle!

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 01/25/05 4:30 pm    ::: Re: 'No Name-Calling Week' Begins in Schools Reply Reply with quote

I don't know what the sudden obsession w/ morality is. To me, morals are relative. Everyone was brought up with different morals. They're not better or worse than anyone else's just different. Don't know why people can't accept that.

Keegan wrote:
What is the obsession with sexuality over there? Sheesh.

I think all these "moral" people get off talking about it.

Can somebody tell me why there's male director speaking on behalf of an organisation which has 'Women' in its title? Is it meant to reinforce that women are still subservient to men?

Keegan

PostPosted: 01/26/05 4:19 am    ::: Re: 'No Name-Calling Week' Begins in Schools Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
I don't know what the sudden obsession w/ morality is. To me, morals are relative. Everyone was brought up with different morals. They're not better or worse than anyone else's just different. Don't know why people can't accept that.

I believe morality is important but people have their priorities mixed up. They obsess over which gender other people fuck but give their government a free pass when there's so much dubious activity going on in the places of power? So-called 'sexual morality' is a joke.

Oh yeah, of course my morals are better than everybody else's morals Wink The difference is I don't feel the urge to proclaim it to the world regularly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: