RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Nebraska may be for real

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 01/13/05 1:56 am    ::: Nebraska may be for real Reply Reply with quote

Looking at their record, they don't look so bad, perfect at home, and some good losses, only one blowout at Ohio St., which can happen to the best of 'em this year.

They just jumped to #39 on RealTimeRPI.com , their record and schedule says they are for real, the question is, are they really? Where's jfox at, she can give us a biased opinion Wink

And their SOS jumped to 70, impressive showing, if nothing else, the mental toughness it took to play 3 OT's tonight.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/13/05 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The schedule is decent, but yesterday was their first win over a top 50 RPI team. It usually takes more than one to get an at large bid. They do have the good fortune to play in the overrated B12, which might get them a bid even if they're less qualified.

PostPosted: 01/13/05 9:43 am    ::: Re: Nebraska may be for real Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
Looking at their record, they don't look so bad, perfect at home, and some good losses, only one blowout at Ohio St., which can happen to the best of 'em this year.

They just jumped to #39 on RealTimeRPI.com , their record and schedule says they are for real, the question is, are they really? Where's jfox at, she can give us a biased opinion Wink

And their SOS jumped to 70, impressive showing, if nothing else, the mental toughness it took to play 3 OT's tonight.

These are the hardest working women IMO. They don't know the meaning of the work "quit". The next four games will tell alot about whether they can keep it going. But compared to where they were three years ago when Connie Yori left Creighton to go to Lincoln (had to put flyers up in the dorms begging women to walk on to the team), this team is very much for real.

Jimi3

PostPosted: 01/13/05 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will get to see the Huskers in Manhattan (the little apple) on Saturday. I think Nebraska matched up very well with Baylor and they sure took advantage of their opportunities. The game against Kansas State should be interesting. I think KSU takes care of business in this one but if the Wildcats win they will have earned it.

Unlike some previous years, this Husker team has heart and fight to go along with some skill. Connie Yori is a sharp coach and she will have them ready to play with a good game plan.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: