RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tuesday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LSUTigerFan

PostPosted: 07/07/05 10:18 pm    ::: Tuesday Reply Reply with quote

I am confused... I selected my tue. lineup last week with a cost of 75.8.
My lineup would presently cost 76.2. I have a warning message at the top of the page saying lineup not changed salary cap exceeded...
what's up...do I need to alter my lineup?

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 07/07/05 10:27 pm    ::: Re: Tuesday Reply Reply with quote

LSUTigerFan wrote:
My lineup would presently cost 76.2. I have a warning message at the top of the page saying lineup not changed salary cap exceeded...

You have the lineup in right now, correct? You can't change it, without using new prices, did you click on the submit button to submit a new lineup, or even the same one(it's the same thing as far as the program is concerned, it will try to put in your new lineup, but if it determines it is over the limit, it won't try to write your new lineup to the database, if it is over the salary cap or if you have a player at more than one position), if you did, the same lineup you have currently would put you over the limit, but if you have a lineup on the right side of the selections, then that lineup is good.

Somebody explain this in english Wink , I start rambling every time I try to explain this.

LSUTigerFan

PostPosted: 07/07/05 10:39 pm    ::: Re: Tuesday Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
LSUTigerFan wrote:

You have the lineup in right now, correct? You can't change it, without using new prices, did you click on the submit button to submit a new lineup, or even the same one(it's the same thing as far as the program is concerned, it will try to put in your new lineup, but if it determines it is over the limit, it won't try to write your new lineup to the database, if it is over the salary cap or if you have a player at more than one position), if you did, the same lineup you have currently would put you over the limit, but if you have a lineup on the right side of the selections, then that lineup is good.

Somebody explain this in english Wink , I start rambling every time I try to explain this.

ok I think I understand...I did not change anything did not hi submit again or anything...so the lineup on the right should be "legal" if it states 75.8 right? Even though there is a warning at the top?

Grumps

PostPosted: 07/07/05 10:42 pm    ::: Re: Tuesday Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
LSUTigerFan wrote:

As long as you have a lineup in blue on the right side of the screen you are ok...If not it will say "no selection made" where the players names would be...

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 07/07/05 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
ok I think I understand...I did not change anything did not hi submit again or anything...so the lineup on the right should be "legal" if it states 75.8 right? Even though there is a warning at the top?

I didn't think it would show up in red with a warning, if you didn't hit the submit button, I'll have to look at the program, but I didn't think the message came up, without clicking the submit lineup button.

LSUTigerFan

PostPosted: 07/07/05 11:00 pm    ::: Re: Tuesday Reply Reply with quote

Grumps wrote:
rebkell wrote:
LSUTigerFan wrote:

You have the lineup in right now, correct? You can't change it, without using new prices, did you click on the submit button to submit a new lineup, or even the same one(it's the same thing as far as the program is concerned, it will try to put in your new lineup, but if it determines it is over the limit, it won't try to write your new lineup to the database, if it is over the salary cap or if you have a player at more than one position), if you did, the same lineup you have currently would put you over the limit, but if you have a lineup on the right side of the selections, then that lineup is

As long as you have a lineup in blue on the right side of the screen you are ok...If not it will say "no selection made" where the players names would be...

Thanks... i can't afford to blow it...not after my performance tonight...56 lousy points! Sad
Tried to stick with my girl Temeka Johnson and it did not payoff

LSUTigerFan

PostPosted: 07/07/05 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
Quote:

I didn't think it would show up in red with a warning, if you didn't hit the submit button, I'll have to look at the program, but I didn't think the message came up, without clicking the submit lineup button.

Actually the message is kind of pink, and the total (76.2)on the left side is highlighted in pink. My selections on the right (in blue) are 75.8 Question

Grumps

PostPosted: 07/07/05 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
Quote:

It does...I had to go back to 6-25 to check one of my lineups that was over the cap and it had the red lineup not changed message at the top and the salary on the left side was highlighted in red...(the total anyway)

Reb you can go back and look at mine for that date and see what we are talking about...

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 07/07/05 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LSUTigerFan wrote:
rebkell wrote:
Quote:

Actually the message is kind of pink, and the total (76.2)on the left side is highlighted in pink. My selections on the right (in blue) are 75.8 Question

Ok, I got you, the total at the bottom is in red(pink), that is just a javascript that adds up the current prices and if it is over 76 it will turn red, the lineup selection is like a scratch pad, you can play around with all kinds of lineups and try this and that, it will always show you current price of the lineup as of today, if you haven't made a selection for a day, it will default to the highest players at each postion, if you have submitted a lineup it will default to the players you have already selected.

Like I said, it's more of a scratchpad/calculator type thing, so that you can play around with your lineups and see the cost without submitting it and then discovering that the lineup is over the limit, etc...

LSUTigerFan

PostPosted: 07/07/05 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
LSUTigerFan wrote:
rebkell wrote:
Quote:

Ok, I got you, the total at the bottom is in red(pink), that is just a javascript that adds up the current prices and if it is over 76 it will turn red, the lineup selection is like a scratch pad, you can play around with all kinds of lineups and try this and that, it will always show you current price of the lineup as of today, if you haven't made a selection for a day, it will default to the highest players at each postion, if you have submitted a lineup it will default to the players you have already selected.

Like I said, it's more of a scratchpad/calculator type thing, so that you can play around with your lineups and see the cost without submitting it and then discovering that the lineup is over the limit, etc...

That's a cool feature! Thanks for the info you guys. Good luck with your picks Very Happy

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: