RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The "Real" reason why Kobe and Karl are fighting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 12/12/04 5:33 pm    ::: The "Real" reason why Kobe and Karl are fighting Reply Reply with quote

From the L.A. Times:

The Soap Opera Behind Bryant-Malone Drama

I'm going to write two words here, and while they might disgust you, I'm going to ask you not to immediately crumple your newspaper and throw it across the room.

OK, here goes: Kobe Bryant.

There's almost nothing you can say these days as it relates to the Lakers without drawing a line in the stands between the Kobe lovers and the Kobe haters, and now here's more fodder to ponder.

Both Bryant and Karl Malone — speaking through his agent, Dwight Manley — confirmed Saturday night that they had a major falling out involving Bryant's wife, Vanessa, two weeks before the Bryant radio interview that had supposedly ticked off Malone so much.

Before Saturday night's game with the Clippers, Bryant listened as I relayed the story that's going around town, and when I finished, he said, that's true.

On Nov. 23, the night the Lakers played the Bucks at Staples Center, Vanessa was talking on the phone to Malone's wife, Kaye. Kaye gave Vanessa her husband's cellphone number, and Vanessa called Malone, who was sitting at courtside, and invited Malone's child to join her.

Malone, wearing cowboy boots and a hat, eventually took the child to Vanessa.

Malone hugged Vanessa, and then Vanessa asked — as Manley recounts this part of the story — "Hey, cowboy, what are you hunting?"

"She said it twice," Manley said, "and Karl answered the second time, 'I'm hunting for little Mexican girls.' "

After the game Vanessa told Bryant that Malone had come on to her, and said several inappropriate things. She also told Bryant that she had called Malone's wife and asked Kaye to get her husband away from her.

Bryant called Malone on his cellphone after the game, and Bryant laid into Malone. Bryant said Malone didn't have much to say in return and didn't deny anything.

"What's a husband supposed to do when your wife tells you something like that?" Bryant wanted to know as we talked.

Bryant said he was uncomfortable discussing the incident and he would have preferred to keep it quiet, but the New York Post reported this week that Malone was seen giving Vanessa a big hug, and then "somehow Malone managed to cross Vanessa" and got on her "frosty side."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER I talked to Bryant, I relayed the same story to Manley and asked for the opportunity to talk to Malone and hear his version.

"Karl wants me to give you two messages," Manley said after calling Malone. "He never hit on Vanessa, nor would he…. In fact, when he first heard about [the accusation], he said, 'You have to be kidding me.'

"As for the comments he made to her that offended her personally, he told both her and Kobe that night that he apologized."

Manley said that after Malone apologized, "Kobe followed that with a string of threats."

Bryant said he was upset but he said that he made no threats and was only coming to the defense of his wife, and that he told Malone to stay away from his wife.

Bryant said when he did the radio interview with XTRA (690/1150) he never mentioned anything about the simmering feud between the two because he didn't want to take personal shots at Malone.

Manley said Bryant called the Malone home the next day with more threats, and that Malone's wife listened in on a speaker phone.

Bryant said that both he and his wife called the Malones the next day in an attempt to work things out but failed.

The Bryants' second-day phone call and continuing accusations infuriated Malone and that led him to effectively end his relationship with the Lakers. The subsequent radio interview with XTRA allowed the rift between the two to go public without any mention of the soap opera — until now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KOBE BRYANT.

The other day those two words came up while the daughter and I were speaking at the all-girls Marlborough School, and when Miss Radio Personality heard them, she said, "I hate Kobe Bryant."

Many of the athletes in the room — ranging from seventh to 12th grade — began standing, cheering and applauding, which made it difficult to hear me when I told them Miss Radio Personality had no idea what she was talking about.

It's becoming tougher and tougher to defend Bryant — even in my own home.

I told Bryant right now in the estimation of many folks he's the "rat's behind of the world," although I don't think I used the word "behind," and that he appears to be losing ground in a city he once owned.

"I know," he said. "I've got to get out there with people more. I will. I'm loosening up, and I'll get better. I know what I've got to do."

I know this. He's got a lot to do if he's going to ever change the mind of Miss Radio Personality.

Man, that is just unvelievable...I can't really bring myself to believe either guy, but the thing has become personal.

PostPosted: 12/12/04 5:51 pm    ::: Re: The "Real" reason why Kobe and Karl are fighti Reply Reply with quote

There's no way I would ever believe anything Kobe Bryant says. Nor would I believe anything said by a woman who would be with him.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/12/04 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Karl Malone isn't exactly a paragon of integrity either.

PostPosted: 12/12/04 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kobe knew what Vanessa was the day he met her, on that video shoot. Why does he act like she's such a lady? The Ruff Ryders tell a totally different story. A couple of weeks later, no one was surprised that she was claiming to be pregnant. But, he wants to get out in public and act like she's worth defending. Like he's so lucky, she loves him.

The girl was a video ho, and tried to close the deal, with every guy on the set. Kobe was told before he hit that, not to hit it raw, because the girl was pregnant by some famous rapper or baller, every other week.
Kobe, this girl is no lady. She's a ho! Of course, she's going to flirt with your friends

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
BCBG25

PostPosted: 12/12/04 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kobe talked about it before tonight's game:

Bryant said he obviously was surprised by Malone's remarks to his wife.

"The comments that he said, I don't know any man in this room that wouldn't be upset about that,'' Bryant said in the Lakers' locker room.
"The past month, myself, my wife, (Malone's wife) Kaye, we've had fun together.

"We've been out to their house, just joking around, giving each other a hard time, just clowning, being sarcastic with one another, baby-sitting kids and all that.''

Asked if there could have been a misunderstanding, Bryant said, "What he said is what he said. I believe in my heart that it wasn't a misunderstanding.

"My wife wasn't going to stand for it. She felt uncomfortable being around him to the point that she felt she had to call his wife and tell her.''

Bryant said Malone didn't deny making the comments, and told him during their phone conversation, "Aw, you know, I'm sorry if I said anything that was out of line.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZmFlcXBpBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-lakers-bryant-malone&prov=ap&type=lgns

PostPosted: 12/13/04 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kobe just finds more and more ways to look like a horse's behind. Coming on the heels of his stupid comments about Malone not coming back, he just looks like he's backtracking and has sour grapes.

Based on the quotes I read that were attributed to Malone, yes, they were inappropriate, but no, I don't think he was picking up Bryant's wife.

The man can't be that stupid can he? Don't answer that.... Embarassed

Smoovie

PostPosted: 12/13/04 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He has managed to turn another NBA season into a soap opera. Who would even be paying attention to him and the fakers, if there was no drama?

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov

Last edited by Smoovie on 12/13/04 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/13/04 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

now now, the big drama with the Fakers is whether they are still the best team....in LA!

Slovydal

PostPosted: 12/13/04 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
now now, the big drama with the Fakers is whether they are still the best team....in LA!

I'd put them behind the Sparks and Clippers.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 12/13/04 1:33 pm    ::: Re: The "Real" reason why Kobe and Karl are fighti Reply Reply with quote

It's hilarious how they keep on changing what was said to make it sound more sinister... Twisted Evil Going from:

That and how Mrs. Bryant didn't understand why a person would wear a big hat indoors unless they're going hunting or they're a cowboy. I think Karl just lost patience with her comments about his attire after the second time she asked what was up with his hat. I'm sure she must drive her SUV around LA, and she doesn't find that too ridiculous... Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: