RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Van does it again...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smoovie

PostPosted: 05/09/05 9:51 am    ::: Van does it again... Reply Reply with quote

He's going to run his aging players like horses in the pre-season and sit the young talent. How can you evaluate new talent to rebuild? How come Dant never saw any action? I swear he better not be making room for KG. The day she signs, he should be fired on the spot.

Does this man think fans give at rats ass about W-L's in the pre-season? If Sheryl and Janeth play more that 10 minutes in the next pre-season game, we're in trouble. Because he's not trying to rebuild, he's trying to ride his horses to the box office and it sucks.

I would be more confident as a fan, if I knew the vets had some competent backups. But, it feels like we are being set up for another disappointing season. So, I'm not getting season tickets and I won't be breaking my neck to get down there to the arena this summer either.

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/09/05 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Playing Janeth 35 minutes in a preseason game was simply uncalled for.

Smoovie

PostPosted: 05/09/05 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, because he's trying to sell tickets. The fans will come, win this team shapes it self out and win in the regular season. We all know Janeth has made the team. We want to know that she, Goodie, Tari and Swoopes won't have to pay 35 minutes all season long. Because they are going to breakdown and we'll be sitting outside the playoff again next year.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 05/09/05 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was at the game Friday night and my take on Janeth's minutes is that he was using the game to fill in for the practice time she has missed. She was able to play with different players on the floor at different times, and the coaching staff could see how everyone played together. She didn't look any worse for the wear, in my opinion. It was just really, really good to see her back with the team.

A player that was very disappointing was Shiela Lambert...way too erratic and looked like she had no idea what she was supposed to be doing. Canty was not perfect, but I actually think she might be servicable.

There was no decent defense at the pg...Tamicha was able to score much too easily. With Beard on the floor, the game would have probably gone in a different direction. Number Two (the other TJ) looked solid and passed the ball very well...not to mention her going to the basket fearlessly.

The crowd was sparse, less than 4,000, but I have to tell you that it was good to see WNBA basketball in a live setting again. You can skip the season if you want, but the thrill is still there for me. Face it, you can always go to the games to see the great players on the opposing teams...that is pretty much what I paid for a mini-plan last year to do. I don't know if that is being part of the problem or part of the solution, but I love the league and choose to support it, even when my home team is on the stinky side.

1carol

PostPosted: 05/09/05 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:

The crowd was sparse, less than 4,000, but I have to tell you that it was good to see WNBA basketball in a live setting again. You can skip the season if you want, but the thrill is still there for me. Face it, you can always go to the games to see the great players on the opposing teams...that is pretty much what I paid for a mini-plan last year to do. I don't know if that is being part of the problem or part of the solution, but I love the league and choose to support it, even when my home team is on the stinky side.

Kudos to you Exclamation That must be why your screen name is 4ever_bball_fan. If we want the league to prevail, it needs all the supporters like you it can get. 9 years... who woulda thunk it Very Happy

Smoovie

PostPosted: 05/10/05 1:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, I'm gonna give Van a chance to make this right. Cut TJ and pick up Jessie Hicks. I know she's aging too, but even a aging Jessie Hick is better than Slo-Mo.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 05/10/05 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

See, Smoove...I knew you had it in you...Comets Pride, Baby!

And yes, I do expect to be pulling at my hair from time to time this season. We can lament together then, OK?

Smoovie

PostPosted: 05/10/05 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I never lost lost the pride, I just don't like people stealing my money.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: