Board Junkies Forums

2024 WNBA Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wnbafan

PostPosted: 04/19/24 5:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boogiezen wrote:
Everything about Clark is now a discourse. Laughing

Good lord, if she fails to live up to the hype. I've never seen this kind of pressure. It's insane and to a certain extent unfair. But whatever. It is, what it is.

Chamique Holdsclaw

PostPosted: 04/20/24 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://youtube.com/shorts/SDTPjbaQtd4?si=V3nq53l4k6wNSeyB

Who do the WNBA rookies think their games resemble?

Angel Reese

"Probably AT (Alyssa Thomas) now and just trying to develop into more of an Aja Willson, Beanna Stewart kinda player".

Caitlin Clark

"I'd probably pick Sabrina. She's like who I loved in high school. I just love her game. Kind of idolized her".

Nika Muhl

"I feel like I try to mimic my game so much for Sue Bird and Skylar. They're such different players but they both have that drive, that competiveness. Just you know being a boss. I feel like they're both like that and that's what I strive to be".

Cameron Brink

"Breanna Stewart, a little bit. Need to work on my perimeter game. But Stewie".

Dyaisha Fair

"A little bit of Arike, and a little bit of Jewell Loyd, mix".

Alissa Pili

"I've been told a lot Alyssa Thomas, but I feel like I have a very unique style of play".

Rickea Jackson

"I guess a mix, so probably like Breanna Stewart, Elena's smoothness. A little bit of Aja's aggressiveness".

Aaliyah Edwards

"I guess I would say maybe like the inside game like Napheesa, the dominance like Aja, and the versatility like Candace".

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 04/20/24 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just thrilled that the league has been around long enough to arrive at the point where incoming WNBA rookies compare themselves to other WNBA players, instead of male players.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
jmh1982

PostPosted: 04/20/24 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

Angel Reese

"Probably AT (Alyssa Thomas) now and just trying to develop into more of an Aja Willson, Beanna Stewart kinda player".

Caitlin Clark

"I'd probably pick Sabrina. She's like who I loved in high school. I just love her game. Kind of idolized her".

Nika Muhl

"I feel like I try to mimic my game so much for Sue Bird and Skylar. They're such different players but they both have that drive, that competiveness. Just you know being a boss. I feel like they're both like that and that's what I strive to be".

Cameron Brink

Dyaisha Fair

Alissa Pili

"I've been told a lot Alyssa Thomas, but I feel like I have a very unique style of play".

Rickea Jackson

"I guess a mix, so probably like Breanna Stewart, Elena's smoothness. A little bit of Aja's aggressiveness".

Aaliyah Edwards

"I guess I would say maybe like the inside game like Napheesa, the dominance like Aja, and the versatility like Candace".

Caitlin is essentially Sabrina, but with less midrange game, but much more aggressive with pull up threes.

Reese sounds like she thinks she is already on AT's level and can reach A'ja and Breanna with more work. Not sure I agree with all that.

Brink has a long ways to go to have the type of perimeter game that Breanna has, but she has some similarities.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/20/24 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmh1982 wrote:
tfan wrote:

Angel Reese

Caitlin Clark

Nika Muhl

Cameron Brink

Dyaisha Fair

Alissa Pili

Rickea Jackson

Aaliyah Edwards

Caitlin is essentially Sabrina, but with less midrange game, but much more aggressive with pull up threes.

Reese sounds like she thinks she is already on AT's level and can reach A'ja and Breanna with more work. Not sure I agree with all that.

Brink has a long ways to go to have the type of perimeter game that Breanna has, but she has some similarities.

Caitlin is Dawn Staley. The only similarity between Angel and AT is the lack of outside game. AT is a point forward, there is no point in Angel. Brink is more like Aja than Breanna.

~rAf
jmh1982

PostPosted: 04/20/24 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
jmh1982 wrote:
tfan wrote:

Angel Reese

Caitlin Clark

Nika Muhl

Cameron Brink

Dyaisha Fair

Alissa Pili

Rickea Jackson

Aaliyah Edwards

Caitlin is Dawn Staley. The only similarity between Angel and AT is the lack of outside game. AT is a point forward, there is no point in Angel. Brink is more like Aja than Breanna.

Gotta say I'm not seeing the Staley comp, might need you to explain that one. When I compare Brink to Breanna it is more so about the potential I see in her outside game. That being said I don't think she will reach Breanna in that regard. Her likely ceiling is some sort of cross between Breanna and A'ja stylistically.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/21/24 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Every person is unique like a snowflake. There are no two snowflakes exactly alike.

PostPosted: 04/23/24 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
I'm just thrilled that the league has been around long enough to arrive at the point where incoming WNBA rookies compare themselves to other WNBA players, instead of male players.

Yesssss this silk ____________________XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: