RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#7 Iowa St vs #2 Stanford - 3/24/24
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyevolley4

PostPosted: 03/25/24 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Brink cursing at the refs on her way out after her 5th foul was a bad look

Agreed.

I’ve watched I don’t know how many games in the last week or so and Caitlin Clark and Cameron Brink seem like the two players, regardless of gender, to push the limits on what is acceptable in player/ref interaction.

I thought that Anastasia from MTSU had a better case for being royally fed up with the refs than Brink and while she displayed frustration, she was never disrespectful that I could tell. It’s a real chore when you need to worry about stopping someone while also matching them in terms of acting ability. Not everyone is trained like that and it’s really not that simple or innate in many players the way it is in others. The acting ability and body manipulation is a huge advantage for those who are able to develop that skill.

PostPosted: 03/25/24 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Agreed.

I’ve watched I don’t know how many games in the last week or so and Caitlin Clark and Cameron Brink seem like the two players, regardless of gender, to push the limits on what is acceptable in player/ref interaction.

I thought that Anastasia from MTSU had a better case for being royally fed up with the refs than Brink and while she displayed frustration, she was never disrespectful that I could tell. It’s a real chore when you need to worry about stopping someone while also matching them in terms of acting ability. Not everyone is trained like that and it’s really not that simple or innate in many players the way it is in others. The acting ability and body manipulation is a huge advantage for those who are able to develop that skill.

Thanks for posting this reaction. I agree.

What’s with these privileged straight white girls popping off on the refs? Guarantee if it had been Angel Reese or Cardoso or Rickea another player the social media sphere would have had some choice words for them.

Caitlin and Cameron seems to be entitled to go after the refs however they want with little risk and all the impunity.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/25/24 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Oh, please. You have no basis to claim that, unless you go by social media, which IS ALWAYS so reliable. Rolling Eyes

PRballer wrote:
Thanks for posting this reaction. I agree.

What’s with these privileged straight white girls popping off on the refs? Guarantee if it had been Angel Reese or Cardoso or Rickea another player the social media sphere would have had some choice words for them.

Caitlin and Cameron seems to be entitled to go after the refs however they want with little risk and all the impunity.

Over-react much? Just becaue Caitin and Cameron have cameras on them every minute - hence you see more of their 'venting' - doesn't mean they they're the baddest out there. And, PLEASE....show me evidence of any kid of color that's been crucified unjustly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: