Las Vegas Aces 2024
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/07/24 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
Shades wrote:
Wouldn’t it make sense to make season tickets unlimited? Fill the whole arena with season ticket holders.

Not if your front office is shady af and would rather brag.

All teams set a certain amount of tickets for season tickets and the rest for single game tickets. If the entire arena is filled will season ticket holder there would be no available seats to sell for individual games.

Big deal. Individual game sales aren’t guaranteed.

But never mind, I guess my view is too controversial for those who want to do things like they’ve always been done.

I am curious though just many seats they reserve for season tickets holders, or is that some sort of top secret?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 03/07/24 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I am curious though just many seats they reserve for season tickets holders, or is that some sort of top secret?

It does not appear to be top secret.

https://apnews.com/article/las-vegas-aces-wnba-season-tickets-c7dca5c84cebb96f11c39f3679896464

Shades

PostPosted: 03/07/24 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
Shades wrote:

https://apnews.com/article/las-vegas-aces-wnba-season-tickets-c7dca5c84cebb96f11c39f3679896464

That’s interesting. People are kicking up a fuss when it’s mostly season ticket holders, more than I thought. You sold 8600 this year and last year’s attendance averaged 9500.

Are you getting more than two games at T-Mobile this year?

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 03/07/24 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Shades wrote:

That’s interesting. People are kicking up a fuss when it’s mostly season ticket holders, more than I thought. You sold 8600 this year and last year’s attendance averaged 9500.

One regular season game this year.

Last year our season finale was there and we sold it out. Had one postseason game there that had 12,900 in attendance.

It would be nice to move our Indiana game there this year.

Very Happy

tfan

PostPosted: 03/07/24 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
Shades wrote:
Wouldn’t it make sense to make season tickets unlimited? Fill the whole arena with season ticket holders.

All teams set a certain amount of tickets for season tickets and the rest for single game tickets. If the entire arena is filled will season ticket holder there would be no available seats to sell for individual games.

Why would selling every seat in an arena for the season be a bad thing for the Aces management/ownership? Or alternatively, why is declining requests for season tickets a good thing?

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 03/07/24 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Shades wrote:

Last year our season finale was there and we sold it out. Had one postseason game there that had 12,900 in attendance.

:D

If the Aces are only going to play one game at T-Mobile, that game not being against either their chief rival for the Championship (Liberty) or the team with the "Record-Breaking, Paradigm-Shifting, Headlining, Already-Annointed-Savior-Of-The-League, Cult-of-Personality-Leading Rookie Megastar™" (Fever) seems like an odd decision.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 03/08/24 7:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Shades wrote:
Shades wrote:

Very Happy

If the Aces are only going to play one game at T-Mobile, that game not being against either their chief rival for the Championship (Liberty) or the team with the "Record-Breaking, Paradigm-Shifting, Headlining, Already-Annointed-Savior-Of-The-League, Cult-of-Personality-Leading Rookie Megastar™" (Fever) seems like an odd decision.

It’s probably a camp day game, right? Typically the opponents for those games aren’t hugely relevant.

GEF34

PostPosted: 03/08/24 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
Shades wrote:

Big deal. Individual game sales aren’t guaranteed.

But never mind, I guess my view is too controversial for those who want to do things like they’ve always been done.

Form a business stand point probably not the best idea to alienate a good portion of your fan base.

GEF34

PostPosted: 03/08/24 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
Shades wrote:

Why would selling every seat in an arena for the season be a bad thing for the Aces management/ownership? Or alternatively, why is declining requests for season tickets a good thing?

It's a give and take, if you sell only season tickets you are going to be alienating a good portion of your fan base who can't afford season tickets or unable to attend all the games so they don't want to spend the money for an entire season. Then you also have the logistical aspect if you sell both at the same time, if a person picks a seat but only half the games are available or they want to buy purchase multiple seats you have to find that amount together in different areas depending on what has been purchase as single game seats. And you will have the aspect of how many people would be instead in season tickets if it's a mixed bag of seats and not the same seat for every game. If you want to sell single game tickets at some point you have to cut off season ticket sales, it could be a time limit or an amount. If you want to only have season tickets that's also an option, but not really an option to have unlimited season tickets and single game tickets, unless you only sell single game tickets the day of the game for seats not purchased as a season ticket.

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 03/08/24 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

Fairly certain it is a building conflict at Michelob ULTRA Arena.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 03/08/24 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
It’s probably a camp day game, right? Typically the opponents for those games aren’t hugely relevant.

Sure. And ideally, you want an "easy win" for the camp day game. But that doesn't really answer my question, because...

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 03/08/24 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

This begs the follow-up question: whose schedule has to be posted first, the arena's, or the Aces? And why can't the Aces work their schedule around the arena's commitments in a way that might enable them to play in the larger venue when some of the league's bigger draws come to town?

Shades

PostPosted: 03/08/24 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="960" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yPPag41EMIk?si=2Kf55Gb3r1SxwI7N" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

willtalk

PostPosted: 03/11/24 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As far as season tickets verses regular ticket purchases, we need to consider that people who buy season tickets do not go to every game. Some are purchased by companys. If a team relys totally on filling their staduims with season ticket holders, they migh just have too many empty seats per game. Single game ticket holders are more apt to show up for games. You need them to fill out your fan base.

PostPosted: 03/11/24 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

This begs the follow-up question: whose schedule has to be posted first, the arena's, or the Aces? And why can't the Aces work their schedule around the arena's commitments in a way that might enable them to play in the larger venue when some of the league's bigger draws come to town?

Not sure about who's schedule HAS to be posted first, but Mandalay Bay is home to some of the largest conventions that Las Vegas sees. There are two in particular that we will always be in danger of coming into conflict with, because they are a week or more long, they take up the entirety of the venue's convention space as well as the arena, and they are locked in for multi-year deals.

We do our best to try and avoid them, but some years it just isn't possible.

Teams submit available dates to the league early in the offseason (if not late during the prior season), and the league starts playing its game of Tetris to fit everything in. I don't envy them. Basically if every team hates their schedule, the league has probably done its job.

It can be tough to guess before free agency and the draft which teams are going to be bigger draws, particularly of late since we have so many players with an extra year of eligibility they could utilize.

National TV has the luxury of picking what games they want to broadcast later in the process, which should lead to more marquee games/players being a part of that schedule.

I'm sure we will all get plenty of chances to see Clark and the Fever this year.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/11/24 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

Not sure about who's schedule HAS to be posted first, but Mandalay Bay is home to some of the largest conventions that Las Vegas sees. There are two in particular that we will always be in danger of coming into conflict with, because they are a week or more long, they take up the entirety of the venue's convention space as well as the arena, and they are locked in for multi-year deals.

Teams submit available dates to the league early in the offseason (if not late during the prior season), and the league starts playing its game of Tetris to fit everything in. I don't envy them. Basically if every team hates their schedule, the league has probably done its job.

It can be tough to guess before free agency and the draft which teams are going to be bigger draws, particularly of late since we have so many players with an extra year of eligibility they could utilize.

National TV has the luxury of picking what games they want to broadcast later in the process, which should lead to more marquee games/players being a part of that schedule.

I'm sure we will all get plenty of chances to see Clark and the Fever this year.

Tellem Bill/Nik Laughing Laughing ESPN Controls
It all .

PostPosted: 03/12/24 4:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Tellem Bill/Nik Laughing Laughing ESPN Controls
It all .

Bill/Nik/Robert/Vernon/John/Moon Crater/Unit of Magnetic Flux/Coffee House/Agent 86

PostPosted: 03/12/24 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It can be tough to guess before free agency and the draft which teams are going to be bigger draws, particularly of late since we have so many players with an extra year of eligibility they could

I don't question how tough it is, and you can't "know" what Caitlin Clark is going to do until she declares, but I feel like you could have made an educated guess. Like, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure, that the deadline for teams to provide their schedules to the league comes after the lottery.

I believe (and you can say that I'm only saying this after the fact, and I'll never be able to prove you wrong) that if Caitlin Clark is half the person her stans tell me she is, there was never any chance that she was ever going to go back to Iowa for a fifth season, a) because she has too much respect for the game to take advantage of a fifth collegiate season to set collegiate records that nobody will ever be allowed to challenge, because nobody that comes after her is going to get five years to do it, and b) because she wants to prove herself against the best, and she knows that ain't the Big Ten.

Based on the above belief, I am inclined to further believe that the Aces could have been more aggressive about trying to work their home game against the Fever around Mandalay Bay's schedule.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/12/24 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One game is even early.

And they get another game.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/12/24 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

Appreciate the insight. But then you have situations like last year(?) with the Sparks (I think?) where a concert act added another date that conflicted with the Sparks and the Sparks had to move- how much power does a team/the league have to push back against schedule conflicts created on short notice?

PostPosted: 03/12/24 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Like, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure, that the deadline for teams to provide their schedules to the league comes after the lottery.

It actually doesn't. Draft lottery this season was December 10. My first rough draft of a schedule release was December 4, so my guess is we had to have gotten them those dates in at least October.

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 03/12/24 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Appreciate the insight. But then you have situations like last year(?) with the Sparks (I think?) where a concert act added another date that conflicted with the Sparks and the Sparks had to move- how much power does a team/the league have to push back against schedule conflicts created on short notice?

Detroit won three championships, all at home, on 3 different courts, because in 2006 and 2008 there were conflicts at The Palace.

All depends on the venue, and where the WNBA team ranks in importance as a tenant. The Sparks have always struggled for dates at Crypto/Staples early in the season because of the holds for 2 NBA teams and the NHL for the postseason. That's why they are at Long Beach State for 5 games to start the 2024 season.

We are pretty fortunate in that we are essentially the primary tenant outside of those couple of conventions. If an NBA teams goes to Seattle, the Storm will slide down a spot in the pecking order. etc.

Perfect world, we would all have our own 10-13,000 seat arenas where we were the primary tenant, but those situations just don't exist in most markets..

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 03/13/24 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Like, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure, that the deadline for teams to provide their schedules to the league comes after the lottery.

It actually doesn't. Draft lottery this season was December 10. My first rough draft of a schedule release was December 4, so my guess is we had to have gotten them those dates in at least October.

I stand corrected.

SPD

PostPosted: 03/29/24 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Across the Timeline reports:

Las Vegas Aces signed Brea Beal to a training camp contract

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/29/24 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SPD wrote:
Across the Timeline reports:

Las Vegas Aces signed Brea Beal to a training camp contract

Awesome.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3