RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#9 Miami vs #1 Virginia Tech - 3/08/24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/08/24 10:22 am    ::: #9 Miami vs #1 Virginia Tech - 3/08/24 Reply Reply with quote

ACC Tournament - Quarterfinal
Greensboro, NC - 1:30 PM ET

TV: ACC Network (Pam Ward, Kelly Gramlich)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/b0e8c600-8a2b-4059-a085-9097a502ee6f (tvpli)

Audio:
https://thevarsitynetwork.com/audioapplink/source/oas-1444/content/vatech:allaccess-Live-5457

Live stats:
https://hokiesports.com/sidearmstats/wbball/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 03/08/24 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like no Kitley today, but it doesn’t look like she has a major injury either, since she walks around. Saving her for NCAAT? The team is very hush-hush about her.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/08/24 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

VTU pulls out secret weapon, Rose Micheaux, transfer from Minnesota.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/08/24 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is the audio sucky for anyone else? I got a few minutes to look in to the Miami/VT game and the sound keeps cutting out. Like 0.5 seconds of sound and then 2 seconds of no sound.

The commercials are fine, so I'm guessing it's something at the arena.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/08/24 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3:20 to go and the score is 41-37?

Where's the offense???

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Shades

PostPosted: 03/08/24 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

55-47 VTU final

Amoore with 25 pts

Strack looking poised as a freshman Kitley replacement in the big spotlight.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/08/24 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The announcers were discussing Kitley, mentioning how she got injured in her last regular season game, but by sitting out of the ACC Tournament, she'd have 3 weeks to recover, possibly 4 if Va Tech decides to hold her out until the Sweet Sixteen.

As a ND fan, I have to say that discussion sounds very familiar.

For the record, I do hate that Kitley went down and hope that it's not that bad, but I have seen this scenario before.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/08/24 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:

For the record, I do hate that Kitley went down and hope that it's not that bad, but I have seen this scenario before.

With who? Why be cryptic?

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/08/24 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
CBiebel wrote:

Sorry, I thought the "ND fan" part made it obvious. I was referred to Olivia Miles last year.

Each part of that discussion (injured in the last game of the season. Hoping that she was just out for the ACC Tournament. Figuring that letting her sit out an extra week by waiting until the Sweet Sixteen to give her more time to possibly get better) was all over the ND boards last year.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/08/24 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
Shades wrote:
CBiebel wrote:

Sorry, I thought the "ND fan" part made it obvious. I was referred to Olivia Miles last year.

Each part of that discussion (injured in the last game of the season. Hoping that she was just out for the ACC Tournament. Figuring that letting her sit out an extra week by waiting until the Sweet Sixteen to give her more time to possibly get better) was all over the ND boards last year.

The big difference being that virtually everyone knew Miles had a major knee injury and it's not as obvious with Kitley.

~rAf
Shades

PostPosted: 03/08/24 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was Miles walking around without a brace, like Kitley?

Kitley got a nasty bruise from her injury. You don’t necessarily bruise with an ACL, as far as I know. Maybe she just has a painful contusion.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/08/24 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
Shades wrote:
CBiebel wrote:

The big difference being that virtually everyone knew Miles had a major knee injury and it's not as obvious with Kitley.

Just so you know, I wasn't being snide (I'm not Art). I meant it more along the lines of "I know what it's like to have a star player go down in the last regular season game and not knowing for sure if the player is coming back."

I actually like Kenny Brooks and his team, and I would be happy if Kitley is actually able to come back to play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: