Board Junkies Forums

League Pass
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wnbafan

PostPosted: 05/13/23 6:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:
According to the graphic in this Reddit post, it will be an add-on available prior to the start of the season.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wnba/comments/13f6udb/wnba_league_pass_is_coming_to_youtubetv_when/

As a YouTubeTV subscriber, it seems they usually send add-on promotions late in the week when the offer is good.

Yeah it's very on brand for YTTV to do so - same with my NBA League Pass. I've not gotten an email about it though and some on twitter & reddit were saying that they received it.

Very excited about it though. There's no WNBA app on my chromecasts so this just makes life much easier for me.

I received the email from YouTube tv, it also advertised nfl ticket and others. Here is the part for WNBA pass:

"WNBA League Pass is coming to YouTube TV add-ons – just in time for the WNBA season tipoff on May 19. Soon, you'll be able to stream live out-of-market games, ad-free, all season long. WNBA League Pass will be available to add for $7.99/month, $24.99/season, or watch your favorite matchup for $2.99/game."

My question is if you already paid for WNBA Pass can you get it as an addon without paying again.

I would love not having to cast from my tablet to tv.

PostPosted: 05/13/23 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
DTP wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:
According to the graphic in this Reddit post, it will be an add-on available prior to the start of the season.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wnba/comments/13f6udb/wnba_league_pass_is_coming_to_youtubetv_when/

As a YouTubeTV subscriber, it seems they usually send add-on promotions late in the week when the offer is good.

Yeah it's very on brand for YTTV to do so - same with my NBA League Pass. I've not gotten an email about it though and some on twitter & reddit were saying that they received it.

Very excited about it though. There's no WNBA app on my chromecasts so this just makes life much easier for me.

I received the email from YouTube tv, it also advertised nfl ticket and others. Here is the part for WNBA pass:

"WNBA League Pass is coming to YouTube TV add-ons – just in time for the WNBA season tipoff on May 19. Soon, you'll be able to stream live out-of-market games, ad-free, all season long. WNBA League Pass will be available to add for $7.99/month, $24.99/season, or watch your favorite matchup for $2.99/game."

My question is if you already paid for WNBA Pass can you get it as an addon without paying again.

This is the question I need an answer to.

DTP

PostPosted: 05/13/23 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
wnbafan wrote:
DTP wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

Just making an assumption here based on how it normally is with their sports packages (I have NBA League Pass and used to have MLB.tv when it was offered through YTTV) you have to purchase it through YTTV but with your login information you'll also be able to access games through the regular WNBA League Pass website/portal.

I had to do this once w/NBALP- I called and cancelled explaining I was ordering it through YTTV and they gave me the refund. I'll try to do the same with WNBALP next week too but if they give me crap, I'll just deal with paying double for a season.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/18/23 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:

It looks like they are also selling it just through YouTube. I was offered the $7.99/month, $24.99/season options on the WNBA YouTube channel. They show the upcoming games and there is a "Pay to watch" link to pay.

But unfortunately the YouTube version does not allow watching games after they have been played. You have to watch it when it is live.

Last edited by tfan on 07/31/23 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
wnbafan

PostPosted: 05/19/23 7:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
wnbafan wrote:
DTP wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

Just making an assumption here based on how it normally is with their sports packages (I have NBA League Pass and used to have MLB.tv when it was offered through YTTV) you have to purchase it through YTTV but with your login information you'll also be able to access games through the regular WNBA League Pass website/portal.

I had to do this once w/NBALP- I called and cancelled explaining I was ordering it through YTTV and they gave me the refund. I'll try to do the same with WNBALP next week too but if they give me crap, I'll just deal with paying double for a season.

From WNBA faq
"WNBA League Pass is also available for purchase through YouTube TV.  However, users who purchase WNBA League Pass via wnba.com/leaguepass or the WNBA App will not be able to access WNBA League Pass on YouTube TV."
https://www.wnba.com/leaguepass/faq#:~:text=WNBA%20League%20Pass%20is%20also,League%20Pass%20on%20YouTube%20TV.

Bummer.

PostPosted: 05/19/23 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So they didn’t bother to tell us streamers before they took our 25.00 automatically that league pass removed the ability to cast the game to your tv unless it’s an Apple TV ? Smh I’ll be disputing with the bank tomorrow Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/19/23 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
So they didn’t bother to tell us streamers before they took our 25.00 automatically that league pass removed the ability to cast the game to your tv unless it’s an Apple TV ? Smh I’ll be disputing with the bank tomorrow

Counterpoint: they finally made a WNBA app available for Roku TV, so I ain't got to cast shit, any more... I can just log into my account on my TV, and watch, like if I were watching Disney+ or something. Did you check your TV's app store for WNBA?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/19/23 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
So they didn’t bother to tell us streamers before they took our 25.00 automatically that league pass removed the ability to cast the game to your tv unless it’s an Apple TV ? Smh I’ll be disputing with the bank tomorrow

Counterpoint: they finally made a WNBA app available for Roku TV, so I ain't got to cast shit, any more... I can just log into my account on my TV, and watch, like if I were watching Disney+ or something. Did you check your TV's app store for WNBA?

Going to try that now on my living room tv . My room is Apple so it’s no issue but my living room is a projector 75’ so I need to cast smh . Such a hassle after they took my lil measley dollars. Thank god I have a Roku as well but overall thanks silk #HateHardApproved Cool Wink

PostPosted: 05/19/23 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Going to try that now on my living room tv . My room is Apple so it’s no issue but my living room is a projector 75’ so I need to cast smh . Such a hassle after they took my lil measley dollars. Thank god I have a Roku as well but overall thanks silk #HateHardApproved Cool Wink

It's incredible to me how this is the only league that gets the simple stuff wrong to make games convenient to watch. I have chromecast devices in all of my rooms but no WNBA app on the chromecast and for the longest casting wouldn't work correctly for me with the app.

Fortunately I also have a roku for every room (and now I also purchased it through YTTV) but it shouldn't be that hard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: