RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Hey Undersized_post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucbart

PostPosted: 03/31/23 10:53 am    ::: Hey Undersized_post Reply Reply with quote

I've been thinking about you all week. How are the nerves? Are your emotions oscillating between we are going to lose for sure and if Clark puts up 50 and we hit our 3's, we could shock the world?!?

Now, I'm devastated that we lost, but I won't lie, I haven't been a bundle of nerves all week.

Enjoy the game.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/31/23 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey there friend, thanks for the shout out. To be honest I'm not nervous at all! I really only get nervous when Iowa is playing a lower-ranked team because losing in those cases is even more of a disappointment. So the most nervous I felt all tournament was the game against 10-seed Georgia at home. Losing again in that round after last year would have been just devastating. Now that we've already made it farther than most people thought possible, I'm just enjoying every second!

Of course, keeping the score respectable tonight would be nice, and I do worry that the team will be unfocused and get crushed. The vibe I've gotten from watching their interviews is that they're still coming down from the emotional high of even being here, plus seeing Clark get all the POY awards, all the media attention, etc -- it would be a lot to process! But hey, getting pummeled by South Carolina would honestly still be an honor. It sort of feels like a rite of passage for elite teams this season. Laughing

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: