RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Please post a NPOY poll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/28/23 11:24 am    ::: Please post a NPOY poll Reply Reply with quote

Please post a NPOY poll

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/28/23 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Only if it's open for nominations. It shouldn't be unilateral.

PostPosted: 02/28/23 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can't anyone start a poll? No need to wait for someone else.

My vote is easy: Caitlin Clark.

Not that it should affect this year's vote, but in my opinion she should easily have won NPOY last year. She did the unprecedented by leading D1 in both PPG and APG. Not only that, but it's little known that she also led D1 in FTM's, 20 ahead of the player in second place.

This year so far, Clark is second to Siegrist in PPG, first in APG, second to Angel Reese (by two) in FTM, and first in triple doubles. Besides, Clark is far and away the most EXCITING player to watch, unlike a low block center such as Boston.
pilight

PostPosted: 02/28/23 4:54 pm    ::: Re: Please post a NPOY poll Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Please post a NPOY poll

How many candidates do you think there should be?

PostPosted: 02/28/23 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Not that it should affect this year's vote, but in my opinion she should easily have won NPOY last year. She did the unprecedented by leading D1 in both PPG and APG. Not only that, but it's little known that she also led D1 in FTM's, 20 ahead of the player in second place.

This year so far, Clark is second to Siegrist in PPG, first in APG, second to Angel Reese (by two) in FTM, and first in triple doubles. Besides, Clark is far and away the most EXCITING player to watch, unlike a low block center such as Boston.

I tried to post a poll, but it's not working for me. I'd like to see a poll that only includes Clark, Angel Reese and Boston, with different variations of 1,2,3. I've started that on the Duke page.

My vote this season is Clark, Boston, Reese and I believe this year Clark's clearly earned POY. Last year, it was close between Boston and Clark, but I supported Boston last season because she flat out dominated. When choosing between Boston and Reese this year, you have to look at how the whole team plays and the opponents each team has faced. Reese has clearly dominated a schedule compromised mostly of cupcakes and faltered badly against Boston & S.Carolina. How much should that one game matter? For me, it matters that it was Boston who disrupted Reese's record setting double double streak. I understand those who choose to look at Reese's incredible body of work through the season and want to hear from more of these fans their reasons why.

For what it's worth, currently Duke fans have Clark, Reese and Boston in that order.

~rAf
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/28/23 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

And yet, I don't like watching her play. The only reason I watch an Iowa game is because of the team that they are playing.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/28/23 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

And yet, I don't like watching her play. The only reason I watch an Iowa game is because of the team that they are playing.

You are a VERY SMALL minority among women's basketball fans, I can assure you!

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/28/23 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I figured it out! VOTE!

~rAf
Queenie

PostPosted: 02/28/23 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

some of y'all have not had Maddie Siegrist happen to you and it shows

PostPosted: 03/01/23 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

So who do you have 1,2,3?

~rAf
Queenie

PostPosted: 03/02/23 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Clark, Boston, Siegrist. I can't even consider Reese POY if her own conference doesn't consider her the POY.

PostPosted: 03/02/23 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Clark, Boston, Siegrist. I can't even consider Reese POY if her own conference doesn't consider her the POY.

it’s Clark, Siegrist, Boston for me

linkster

PostPosted: 03/02/23 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Maddie is cursed by Flohoops. Too little exposure. Just like the PAC12.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/02/23 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Lots of people had Candace Parker as POY in 2008 despite her not being the SEC POY.

PostPosted: 03/02/23 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Lots of people had Candace Parker as POY in 2008 despite her not being the SEC POY.

ANDD....Reese is in the same conference as Boston, so there's that....

I really like Reese - and I still am shocked she's tallied more double-doubles than Fowles - but I'm not seeing her as quite fabulous yet, with her team going 1-for-2 against (only 2) ranked opponents. How many extraordinary posts has she gone up against?

PostPosted: 03/05/23 7:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NM

Last edited by Gamecock1 on 03/05/23 7:53 am; edited 5 times in total
Gamecock1

PostPosted: 03/05/23 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's the problem. Boston only plays 21 minutes for the most part. She is the best player by far and this should be about the best player and not the player who gets to pad their stats by playing way more minutes. Clark is the second best player and you could make an argument that Reese is the 3rd best even if her stats are padded by weak competition. If it's the best player...it's Boston...if it's about stats...it's Reese or Clark.....it's really about that. I would vote Boston not just because I am a Gamecock, but she is the best player on the best team....she would be the best player on any team in the country including Iowa and LSU...so sue me.....lol....

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/07/23 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gamecock1 wrote:
Here's the problem. Boston only plays 21 minutes for the most part. She is the best player by far and this should be about the best player and not the player who gets to pad their stats by playing way more minutes. Clark is the second best player and you could make an argument that Reese is the 3rd best even if her stats are padded by weak competition. If it's the best player...it's Boston...if it's about stats...it's Reese or Clark.....it's really about that. I would vote Boston not just because I am a Gamecock, but she is the best player on the best team....she would be the best player on any team in the country including Iowa and LSU...so sue me.....lol....

IMHO, Boston proved she was THE best last season. However, this is the best player THIS year. Last year's runner up Caitlin Clark has simply had a phenomenal season and deserves to have her season recognized, just as Aliyah Boston did last season. Now, Boston plays on a deeper team and Coach Staley has chosen to play Boston fewer minutes to build the bench and make the team unbeatable. So Boston's SEASON is slightly less phenomenal that Clark's SEASON. This is not a college career award, it is a season award.

~rAf
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/07/23 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Gamecock1 wrote:

IMHO, Boston proved she was THE best last season. However, this is the best player THIS year. Last year's runner up Caitlin Clark has simply had a phenomenal season and deserves to have her season recognized, just as Aliyah Boston did last season. Now, Boston plays on a deeper team and Coach Staley has chosen to play Boston fewer minutes to build the bench and make the team unbeatable. So Boston's SEASON is slightly less phenomenal that Clark's SEASON. This is not a college career award, it is a season award.

Tell that to the voters. /s

PostPosted: 03/07/23 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Gamecock1 wrote:

I'm just going to say it. It's a good thing for Angel Reese that the AA teams do not consider things like GPA or she'd be on the outside looking in.

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/08/23 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Gamecock1 wrote:

I'm just going to say it. It's a good thing for Angel Reese that the AA teams do not consider things like GPA or she'd be on the outside looking in

~rAf
RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/08/23 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Easiest pick in years, Caitlin Clark. It's a done deal, if it's not political. No voting necessary.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/08/23 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Easiest pick in years, Caitlin Clark. It's a done deal, if it's not political. No voting necessary.

Should be, but a bigger hurdle is the lazy inertia to simply vote for a returning POY who has a good season.

Just look at the ACC voters.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/30/23 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clark has now won the Naismith POY and AP POY awards.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/30/23 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clark wins Wade Trophy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: