RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#2 Maryland vs #1 South Carolina - 3/27/23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/27/23 10:08 am    ::: #2 Maryland vs #1 South Carolina - 3/27/23 Reply Reply with quote

NCAA Tournament - Greenville Regional Elite 8
Greenville, SC - 7:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN (Beth Mowins, Debbie Antonelli)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/16b260cc-5e43-42e4-ac9a-0be4d903ffec (tvpli)

Audio:
https://gamecocksonline.com/stream/

Live stats:
https://www.ncaa.com/game/6143421
http://statbroadcast.com/ncaa/bracket.php?tid=d1wbb

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 03/28/23 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
wnbafan

PostPosted: 03/27/23 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MD up 21-15 1st qtr

PostPosted: 03/27/23 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What does a Boston shot chart look like. Are there any makes from beyond 8 feet?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/27/23 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Familiar plot. The other team is like a bunch of pebbles in front of a descending mountain glacier. The pebbles scramble around for 10 or 20 or maybe even 30 minutes, and seem to be ahead, but the glacier inevitably catches up and crushes the pebbles.

Also, UTerp is fouling too much, which has already hurt them and that kind of hurt will progressively accumulate.
Tally24

PostPosted: 03/27/23 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As much flack as UConn gets, being accused of favoritism/preferential treatment, there’s some serious home cooking going for SC on the calls rn.
Howee

PostPosted: 03/27/23 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond Miller is....not her best tonight (?)

By the end of Q3, The Big Differential: 19 O boards for SC, 5 for MD. 19 fouls for MD, 9 for SC.
(not to mention SC's depth, height and homecourt advantage:P )

If I was a pro scout, I'd be far more impressed with Abby Myers than Diamond Miller.

PostPosted: 03/27/23 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone seriously think this game is being called fairly?

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/27/23 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The biggest difference is incredibly bad officiating where several highly questionable fouls were called on Maryland. This should be a close game, but 3 phantom fouls (out of 5) fouled out Abby Meyers. 8 consecutive fouls on Maryland in the second quarter, 4 fouls in less than a minute in the 3rd.

South Carolina is a great team: they don't need the refs to decide the game (but they have).

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/27/23 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully these refs are not allowed to ref another South Carolina game.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/27/23 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good night, Irene.
pilight

PostPosted: 03/27/23 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

She wound up with decent looking numbers; 24 points on 9/16 from the floor, 50% from three, led the Terps in rebounds

PostPosted: 03/27/23 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Got my tickets last night for Dallas, my Mulkey-inspired blazer is in the works, and my shirt for the SC/Iowa game will be here Wednesday!

https://www.amazon.com/Breathe-you-hate-Carolina-funny/dp/B0826H8M9B/ref=sr_1_3?crid=J95A1LURT3M1&keywords=breathe+if+you+hate+south+carolina&qid=1679966170&sprefix=breathe+if+you+hate+sourh+carolina%2Caps%2C142&sr=8-3
pilight

PostPosted: 03/27/23 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Terps had the right idea, but you're going to have to do better on the boards to beat the champs. You'll never beat them trying to slow the game down like UCLA tried to do.

PostPosted: 03/27/23 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:

She wound up with decent looking numbers; 24 points on 9/16 from the floor, 50% from three, led the Terps in rebounds

Ya, it ended up notsobad, but when I posted that, I was seeing her dribbling off her foot, missing bunnies, and padding (all 5) of her rebounds by missing and getting them back. I still don't think she's a lottery pick - top 7 or 8, maybe?

Overall, Terps gave it their best shot and were simply out-womanned. Congrats to The Gamecocks. Cool

PostPosted: 03/27/23 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Terps had the right idea, but you're going to have to do better on the boards to beat the champs. You'll never beat them trying to slow the game down like UCLA tried to do.
Bigs just love running up and down the court real fast.😁

PostPosted: 03/27/23 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:

Ya, it ended up notsobad, but when I posted that, I was seeing her dribbling off her foot, missing bunnies, and padding (all 5) of her rebounds by missing and getting them back. I still don't think she's a lottery pick - top 7 or 8, maybe?

Overall, Terps gave it their best shot and were simply out-womanned. Congrats to The Gamecocks. Cool

She's easily a lottery pick

PostPosted: 03/27/23 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:

I'm not as high on Miller as some people. She found her scoring touch this season but she's still soft on the boards for her size, doesn't have a three point shot, fouls too much on defense, and is prone to dumb turnovers. She's a project.

PostPosted: 03/27/23 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:

I'm not as high on Miller as some people. She found her scoring touch this season but she's still soft on the boards for her size, doesn't have a three point shot, fouls too much on defense, and is prone to dumb turnovers. She's a project.

Who do you think the Lynx should choose with the #2 pick?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/27/23 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:

I kinda went the opposite way. Thought she was overrated at the beginning of the season but now am pretty high on her. Yeah, she's not perfect but has a tremendously high ceiling....and won't be asked to carry her team at the next level, which can def make a difference.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/27/23 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:

Who do you think the Lynx should choose with the #2 pick?

Depends on who comes out. I don't think this is a great draft with Boston. If she stays for a 5th year it could be really bad.

PostPosted: 03/28/23 5:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

If I was a pro scout, I'd be far more impressed with Abby Myers than Diamond Miller.

That's what I'm saying. I would love to see Abby on the Mystics.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: