RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Attendance at the regionals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snichols

PostPosted: 03/27/23 4:45 pm    ::: Attendance at the regionals Reply Reply with quote

I haven’t seen any numbers for attendance at the regionals this year yet, though I did see an article that mentioned that about 12,000 were at the Sunday night game in Seattle. I’ve been at all the games in Seattle, and 12,000 feels about right. The arena holds 18,000 for basketball, but some sections have been curtained off and not sold, and of the areas sold, all but the very highest nosebleeds have been pretty full. We’ll see if that holds tonight.

Iowa fans showed up in droves; it felt like everyone who lived in Iowa must have flown to Seattle for the regional. The Storm did a good job promoting the event to their fans, and there have been a lot of fans in the arena wearing Storm and WNBA gear. Overall, I’ve been impressed with the attendance given that there wasn’t a local team, that Stanford got knocked out before the regional, and that Colorado was the closest school playing in the regional.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/27/23 7:50 pm    ::: Re: Attendance at the regionals Reply Reply with quote

snichols wrote:
Iowa fans showed up in droves; it felt like everyone who lived in Iowa must have flown to Seattle for the regional.

Ain't much to do in the state so might as well get out of it when you can. Laughing In all seriousness though, they have a great supportive fanbase.

PostPosted: 03/27/23 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They just announced the attendance tonight at 8600, with a four day total over 43000. Not as many Iowans here tonight.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: