RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2023 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milks26

PostPosted: 03/14/23 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boston is going to the W - win or lose. She already has a Natty and multiple SEC conf. The girl is moving on.

There are many seniors who should be cashing in their covid yr - Boston is not one of them. Shocked Confused Mad

PostPosted: 03/14/23 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The everyone (except Owusu) is taking an extra year draft

1. Indy Joens
2. Minn Juhasz
3. Dallas Morris
4. Wash Berger
5. Dallas Soares
6. Atl Carter
7. Indy Holmes
8. Atl Owusu
9. Sea Sheldon
10. LA Saxton
11. Dallas Miksell, M. Williams or Scott-Grayson
12. Minn Prince, Hayes or Meyers

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/15/23 1:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

my top-36 college prospects list specifically comprised of those who are due to run out of eligibility at the end of the current season

my top-75 college prospects lists that only exclude those who have announced they'll return to school next year, #1-36

my top-75 college prospects lists that only exclude those who have announced they'll return to school next year, #37-75

( *is not due to run out of eligibility at the end of the current season and thus can return next season )

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/15/23 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
The everyone (except Owusu) is taking an extra year draft

1. Indy Joens
2. Minn Juhasz
3. Dallas Morris
4. Wash Berger
5. Dallas Soares
6. Atl Carter
7. Indy Holmes
8. Atl Owusu
9. Sea Sheldon
10. LA Saxton
11. Dallas Miksell, M. Williams or Scott-Grayson
12. Minn Prince, Hayes or Meyers

If the Fever finally get the No. 1 pick and can only use it on Ashley Freaking Joens, I'm out.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 03/15/23 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SPD wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Welp so much for my rickea jackson in a wings UNI idea this year , shes returning to tennessee for the covid year Embarassed Embarassed

Does horston take the same path ?

I'm surprised that Rickea is taking the 5th year...I believe she would of done well in the WNBA this year...

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35851546/tennessee-leading-scorer-rickea-jackson-returning-5th-year

Yeah but she may be even higher of a pick next season . Clark most likely goes #1 Miles returns and i think Beuckers goes 2 more seasons as well . Rickea could end up #2 depending on Lee's status as well as what Brink & Cardoso decide ? My question is what do other seniors this season decide and when . Rumor on Tennessee's board is Jordan Horston is next to announce a return . All could be legit W players right now , lets say Boston decides the same is she ridiculed by GM's for not wanting to go to indiana or praised because she utilized all her eligibility in college ?

If Horston does the same thing this draft is useless for us in my opinion!!!

I can see Bibb drafting Jones or Joens.

I'm not sold on either one of them at the next level but I guess it doesn't really matter at this point 😒

Shades

PostPosted: 03/15/23 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thibault is doing commentary for NCAAT teams in South Bend, IND.

Teams he’ll watch include:
#3 Notre Dame
#6 Creighton
#11 Mississippi St
#11 Illinois, which got eliminated by MSU in play-in game
#14 Southern Utah

Reminder that when Thibault worked the Tournament last year, he seemed to be drooling over Joens.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/15/23 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
the AP All American teams were announced today.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/2022-23-ap-women-s-all-america-teams/ar-AA18FrhI

Statistics through March 12

*Draft-eligible true senior
**Draft-eligible true senior who announced she'd return to school next season
^Draft-eligible true junior
°Senior/Graduate who is due to run out of college eligibility at the end of the season

FIRST TEAM

*Aliyah Boston, South Carolina, 6-5, senior, St. Thomas, U.S.V.I., 20 double-doubles, 13.3 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 56.8 fg%, 2 bpg (28 of 28 first place votes, 140 points).

Caitlin Clark, Iowa, 6-0, junior, West Des Moines, Iowa, 27 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 8.3 apg, 46.9 fg%, 37.9 3-point% (28, 140).

*Maddy Siegrist, Villanova, 6-2, senior, Poughkeepsie, N.Y., 28.9 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 51.8 fg%, 37.3% 3-point% (19, 118).

Angel Reese, LSU, 6-3, sophomore, Baltimore, Md., 23.4 ppg, 15.5 rpg, 2.2 apg, 54 fg%, 1.4 bpg (12, 98).

**Mackenzie Holmes, Indiana, 6-3, senior, Gorham, Maine, 68.8 fg%, 22.3 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 1.2 apg (9, 86).

SECOND TEAM

*Elizabeth Kitley, Virginia Tech, 6-6, senior, Summerfield, N.C., 18.6 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 56.3 fg%, 1.4 apg (6, 83).

^Cameron Brink, Stanford, 6-4, junior, Beaverton, Ore., 14.9 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 3.4 bpg, 49 fg% (8, 81).

*Diamond Miller, Maryland, 6-3, senior, Somerset, N.J., 19.7 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 2.9 apg, 47.7 fg% (6, 81).

Olivia Miles, Notre Dame, 5-10, sophomore, Phillipsburg, N.J., 14.3 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.9 apg, 46 fg% (8, 75).

*Alissa Pili, Utah, 6-2, junior, Anchorage, Alaska, 20.3 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 58.5 fg%, 42.9 3-point% (7, 69).

THIRD TEAM

°Ashley Joens, Iowa St, 6-1, senior, Iowa City, Iowa, 21.5 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 2 apg, 1.1 spg (3, 51).

Aaliyah Edwards, UConn, 6-3, junior, Ontario, Canada, 9.2 rpg, 16.6 ppg, 57.3 fg%, 2.4 apg (0, 40).

Aneesah Morrow, DePaul, 6-1, sophomore, Chicago, Ill., 25.7 ppg, 12.2 rpg, 2 apg, 2.6 spg (1, 38).

*Haley Jones, Stanford, 6-1, senior, Santa Cruz, Calif., 9.1 rpg, 4.1 apg, 13.4 ppg, 1 bpg (1, 32).

*Zia Cooke, South Carolina, 5-9, senior, Toledo, Ohio, 15.3 ppg, 1.7 rbg, 2.1 apg, 40.8 fg% (1, 20).

HONORABLE MENTION (alphabetical order)

Georgia Amoore, Virginia Tech
*Brea Beal, South Carolina
°Grace Berger, Indiana
°Leigha Brown, Michigan
Sonia Citron, Notre Dame
^Makira Cook, Illinois
°Monika Czinano, Iowa
Rori Harmon, Texas
*McKenna Hofschild, Colorado State
*Jordan Horston, Tennessee
**Rickea Jackson, Tennessee
Ta'Niya Latson, Florida State
^Charlisse Leger-Walker, Washington State
°Lou Lopez Senechal, UConn
^Nika Muhl, UConn
*Charisma Osborne, UCLA
*Celeste Taylor, Duke
*Kaylynne Truong, Gonzaga
^Hailey Van Lith, Louisville
°Keishana Washington, Drexel
°Madi Williams, Oklahoma

lynxmania

PostPosted: 03/16/23 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
BREAKING: Aliyah Boston will have Gamecock garnet braids for the NCAA Tournament.

Says there’s a specific reason (beyond it being the team color) that she got them, but she won’t reveal it until the tournament is over 👀

https://twitter.com/eaadams6/status/1636412751856951296

Fever fans, this just feels like bad news for you guys

PostPosted: 03/16/23 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Quote:
BREAKING: Aliyah Boston will have Gamecock garnet braids for the NCAA Tournament.

Says there’s a specific reason (beyond it being the team color) that she got them, but she won’t reveal it until the tournament is over 👀

Never fear, Indy will just get her next year. LOL

adamj95

PostPosted: 03/16/23 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Quote:

Waiting on Minny to get the #1 pick next year. 👀

PostPosted: 03/16/23 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
They're Back
Shaina Pellington and Cate Reese made the decision to return to Arizona for the fifth years granted to student-athletes as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/17/23 2:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Quote:
They're Back
Shaina Pellington and Cate Reese made the decision to return to Arizona for the fifth years granted to student-athletes as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Idk if this post is referring to a topic on this page – otherwise, this announcement is from last season. Reese & Pellington each have played five full seasons of college b-ball and will without question run out of eligibility in the coming days/weeks.

Reese has no WNBA future as far as I can tell – just not mobile enough with [either] enough post craftiness or shooting touch for a true 4. Pellington however I’d honestly take #9 overall; looks to me like she’s the next iteration of D-Rob, who is suddenly about to play in her 12th season. Man, how time flies!

Shades

PostPosted: 03/17/23 5:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I found it on the bottom of the AZ preview of their NCAAT game today.
https://admin.arizonawildcats.com/gameday/womens-basketball-vs-west-virginia/wbball/2509/

Without looking into it too deeply, that looked like an announcement they were making, but I guess it was just part of the history of this season? Weird.

blaase22

PostPosted: 03/17/23 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:

Waiting on Minny to get the #1 pick next year. 👀

They wouldn’t pick Boston over Clark though.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/18/23 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope the WFO are watching Jacey Sheldon today in the tourney. I’m very interested in her status of declaration in this draft. Missed most of the year but def a WNBA talent at PG.

PostPosted: 03/18/23 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i personally would be very surprised if Jacy Sheldon turned pro now & thus opted not to return to tOSU for a proper final season

she didn’t participate in the Buckeyes' Senior Day, fwiw

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/19/23 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think Staley would permit Boston to stay another year at USC, even if she wanted to. She's too heavily invested in top players she recruited and patiently waiting to play and she has more top talent coming in. No room and it would be detrimental to her future recruiting.

Besides, her second five may be better than her first five now.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/19/23 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
i personally would be very surprised if Jacy Sheldon turned pro now & thus opted not to return to tOSU for a proper final season

Is senior day the new tale tale sign? Rickea Jackson and Tamari key both participated in senior day and returned

PostPosted: 03/19/23 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Is senior day the new tale tale sign? Rickea Jackson and Tamari key both participated in senior day and returned

it’s all a guessing game, but imo it’s more of a sign for those who didn’t participate in it than those who did

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/19/23 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

it’s all a guessing game, but imo it’s more of a sign for those who didn’t participate in it than those who did

Gotcha . I’m warming up to Bre Beal as well this new offensive emergence def is rising her stock . We lost 2 SF’s she’s the perfect replacement since Jackson is returning. Beal can defend she’s a big guard like KT her offense needs work but it’s starting to come along . 3 and D are prime in this league Draft Brea Beal Bibby.

PostPosted: 03/19/23 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder what type of interest a prospect like Amihere has garnered. She’s clearly better than what she’s been able to present at SC these years as she displays on the Canadian national team. Still a project that has potential can literally play 1-4 with a minimal shooting range yet efficient in each position on both sides of the ball as well. So much untapped potential there imo.

PostPosted: 03/19/23 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here’s another big mystery I’ve been wondering about.

I saw in stormeo’s list that Reese is listed as a sophomore. Howee was calling her a sophomore earlier in the season in the game threads, because he looked it up and that’s what he found.

Reese played 15 games her freshman season at Maryland.
She played a played a full season her next season at Maryland.
Now Reese is playing her first season at LSU.

How does that make her anything but a junior for basketball eligibility?
15 games seems too much for a redshirt, and I haven’t read anything about her redshirting.
Who cares about her academic standing if that’s the issue?
She has the option of a extra covid year, but that doesn’t mean she’s a sophomore now.

But even responsible sports media companies like ESPN are representing her as a sophomore.

I wonder if this an elaborate scheme by LSU to make Reese believe she’s an actual sophomore.

Last edited by Shades on 03/19/23 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/19/23 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i think it's as simple as this: ever since the covid bonus season of '20-'21, some programs choose to – perhaps misleadingly – define the "freshman/sophomore/junior/senior" labels as it relates to how much eligibility the player has remaining, rather than how many years the player has actually been in college. i noticed Washington wbb does this as well.

schools doing that have made things a mess when it comes to division I-wide national databases labeling players by their class standing. a "junior" could be a 3rd-year player with two more seasons of eligibility, or a 4th-year player with one more season of eligibility.

and that doesn't even factor in players who have actually redshirted, in which some schools have simply stopped listing a player as a "redshirt fr/so/jr/sr" even if they legitimately took a redshirt year.

it's all a fuckin' mess. and it will be until at least the '24-'25 season – when true seniors whose freshmen years were in '21-'22, and covid-bonus seniors whose freshmen years were in the '20-'21 covid-bonus season (in which they'll have played five seasons of college b-ball by then) will all be due to run out of eligibility at the end of that season.

players who redshirted at any one point will still make things slightly messy, but then, it was like that before. so long story short, figuring out players' eligibility statuses should go back to normal by then.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/19/23 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some schools have gone the extra step of listing both players' academic and athletic class; Marquette is the example that comes to mind, although you have to switch to grid view to see it.

PostPosted: 03/19/23 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's not misleading because the NCAA has said that year doesn't count, for all intense and purposes act like that year didn't happen so schools are "labeling" student athletes as such. And schools have always listed players by their eligibility as opposed to their years in school. In all the years I've been in college basketball I can't recall a time when schools didn't label their student athletes by their eligibility.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 19 of 26

Jump to: