RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

League Pass
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scullyfu

PostPosted: 02/11/23 4:07 pm    ::: League Pass Reply Reply with quote

looking to get the pass so i can see Liberty games, but i'm concerned about blackouts since i'm in Niagara Falls, NY. has anyone heard of how or if local blackouts may change this year?

if you have experience with this blackout crap, how soon after the game has finished live does it show on League Pass?

TIA

PostPosted: 02/11/23 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My recollection is that they are on within a half hour of the end of the game, but I could be wrong. I used to use a VPN to avoid blackouts, but I think they were able to detect that last year. I ended up hardly using League Pass at all because I mostly follow the Storm and they had non-ESPN away games on Prime or a local channel.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 02/11/23 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's pretty quickly after the games. No commercials. They often don't have the post-game wrapups.

With all the different exclusivity agreements, it's hard to know what to expect. I have Amazon Prime Video, as an example, but because of the Storm contract with Prime Video, I couldn't watch from Chi-town until after the game ended in Seattle.

PostPosted: 02/14/23 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per Kareem Copeland Washington Post:

The league announces Athletes Unlimited games will be broadcast on WNBA League Pass for no additional cost.

https://twitter.com/kareemcopeland/status/1625594354042560536

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/15/23 4:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice Very Happy

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ChiSky54

PostPosted: 02/15/23 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Umm...it was already free on YouTube - has its own channel and everything!

For some reason, the first game is separate from the rest of the playlist:

Game 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O25Gd_l8wgg (hopefully cued at actual start around 5:20 - is blank earlier)

Games 2-30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH7-9mlJbX8&list=PL2tdctOp9Yut4ylzrR3kJ-Suax7R15HXD

So what is the real benefit? Just curious.

PostPosted: 02/15/23 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very little of it was universally free last time around. They might all be on YouTube now, most of the games weren't streamed there for free when they were live.

Generally showing acceptance and support of a league they don't own is an interesting move from the WNBA/NBA. Makes you wonder if they might run some kind of off-season league of their own at some point (or just buy the basketball strand of AU).

PostPosted: 04/09/23 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA League Pass $24.99 + Tax, Is There a Promo Code?

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 04/09/23 7:03 pm    ::: Re: League Pass Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
looking to get the pass so i can see Liberty games, but i'm concerned about blackouts since i'm in Niagara Falls, NY. has anyone heard of how or if local blackouts may change this year?

if you have experience with this blackout crap, how soon after the game has finished live does it show on League Pass?

TIA

I’m from Buffalo and you will be blacked out because YES is carried locally.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 04/09/23 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not aware of generic promo codes unless your team offers one.

The Sky is once again gifting STHs with a free sub - we received personalized codes.

Blackouts are a pain with all the exclusive deals in place. Some make no sense. But games tend to be available to view on League Pass shortly after they end. There are no commercials, and you can rewind to your heart's content. Often the final post-game commentary is missing - what they talk about after the final commercial.

You can still also rewatch games dating back to 2015.

PostPosted: 04/16/23 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Waiting for the New York Liberty to issue a promo code to STH's
like they did last year....Only last year they issued it after the date
that League Pass auto renewal took effect .
It was a pain getting a refund from WNBA League Pass and The Liberty
were of no help.

Does the "Cancel" button just Cancel the Auto Renewal if
you press it and not your Account?
It is not indicated and I wonder why auto renewals are not easy to cancel and straight forward?

Hoping the Liberty will issue their Promo Code soon , like many other teams have, BEFORE AUTO REWAL DATE .

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 04/16/23 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On April 5, I received a message stating:
Quote:
Your annual WNBA LEAGUE PASS subscription will renew in 30 days for $24.99 with no action required by you. To manage or cancel your subscription, visit leaguepass.wnba.com and sign into your account.

If you have any further questions, please reach out to us at leaguepasssupport@wnba.com.

Ideally, the Libs will get you the information before May 1!

If you remove your card information (assuming you stored it for the "convenience" of autorenewal), that should do the trick.

PostPosted: 04/19/23 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any other STH's waiting for their Team to Give them
a Promo Code before Automatic Renewal on
League Pass kicks in ?

Get your act together New York Liberty !

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 05/02/23 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quick question: Does anyone know if we'll finally be able to watch preseason games?

scullyfu

PostPosted: 05/02/23 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Quick question: Does anyone know if we'll finally be able to watch preseason games?
i don’t think they’ve ever been broadcast, no radio either.

PostPosted: 05/02/23 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's been the occasional preseason game shown over the years, usually when they're trying to work out if a new broadcast system is actually working before the regular season starts. If you go to League Pass right now, they currently have one listed to be shown - the Dallas @ Indiana game on Saturday May 13. I have no idea why that one would be picked out in particular, or if they'll actually show anything when the game rolls around.

You'd think they'd want to show the Sky-Lynx game in Toronto - on the same day as that Wings-Fever game - given they've supposedly sold out Scotiabank Arena. A WNBA preseason game drawing 20,000 people in a non-WNBA market is something you want as many people as possible to lay their eyes on.

PostPosted: 05/02/23 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
There's been the occasional preseason game shown over the years, usually when they're trying to work out if a new broadcast system is actually working before the regular season starts. If you go to League Pass right now, they currently have one listed to be shown - the Dallas @ Indiana game on Saturday May 13. I have no idea why that one would be picked out in particular, or if they'll actually show anything when the game rolls around.

You'd think they'd want to show the Sky-Lynx game in Toronto - on the same day as that Wings-Fever game - given they've supposedly sold out Scotiabank Arena. A WNBA preseason game drawing 20,000 people in a non-WNBA market is something you want as many people as possible to lay their eyes on.

Gotcha! Hopefully the May 13th game indeed will be available. It ould be amazing the see the Toronto game. It is quite puzzling why that can't show the pre-season games on league pass, youtube...somewhere.

Ohh scullyfu, your mention of the radio broadcasts takes me back to the early days of the league! I can't believe I used to sit there completely engaged and cheering during audio only broadcasts Laughing

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 05/03/23 4:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Gotcha! Hopefully the May 13th game indeed will be available. It ould be amazing the see the Toronto game. It is quite puzzling why that can't show the pre-season games on league pass, youtube...somewhere.

Ohh scullyfu, your mention of the radio broadcasts takes me back to the early days of the league! I can't believe I used to sit there completely engaged and cheering during audio only broadcasts Laughing

omg now i remember that too. listen to radio/audio and follow live stats and play by play.

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/03/23 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doris Burke and Vera Jones on this itty bitty AM station that fuzzed out if you moved the radio six inches... good times.

PostPosted: 05/03/23 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Doris Burke and Vera Jones on this itty bitty AM station that fuzzed out if you moved the radio six inches... good times.

Ahhh nice, I didn't even remember who it was! Laughing

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 05/12/23 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per Kareem Copeland Washington Post:

The WNBA announces 205 live broadcasts and streams for 2023 on CBS Sports Network (40 games), ION (44), NBATV (43), Prime Video (21), Meta (20) and Twitter (12). 25 national games on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2.

ESPN will broadcast all playoff games. More than 150 games on League Pass

https://twitter.com/kareemcopeland/status/1656754117140705293

The WNBA also announces multi year extension with Meta for 20 games per season.

https://twitter.com/kareemcopeland/status/1656755960554090515

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/12/23 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Canada Game tomorrow was added to the League Pass schedule (as long as you're not in Canada), alongside that Indiana-Dallas game.

PostPosted: 05/12/23 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Apparently, you'll also be able to add League Pass through YoutubeTV this season that'll make it a little bit easier to watch for some. I've not received the official email from Youtube though...only seen posts about it on facebook & twitter.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 05/12/23 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to the graphic in this Reddit post, it will be an add-on available prior to the start of the season.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wnba/comments/13f6udb/wnba_league_pass_is_coming_to_youtubetv_when/

As a YouTubeTV subscriber, it seems they usually send add-on promotions late in the week when the offer is good.

PostPosted: 05/12/23 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
According to the graphic in this Reddit post, it will be an add-on available prior to the start of the season.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wnba/comments/13f6udb/wnba_league_pass_is_coming_to_youtubetv_when/

As a YouTubeTV subscriber, it seems they usually send add-on promotions late in the week when the offer is good.

Yeah it's very on brand for YTTV to do so - same with my NBA League Pass. I've not gotten an email about it though and some on twitter & reddit were saying that they received it.

Very excited about it though. There's no WNBA app on my chromecasts so this just makes life much easier for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: