RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#5 Iowa @ #2 Indiana - 2/09/23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 02/09/23 12:27 am    ::: #5 Iowa @ #2 Indiana - 2/09/23 Reply Reply with quote

Bloomington, IN - 6:30 PM ET
TV: Big Ten Network (Matt Schumacker, Christy Winters Scott)

Video stream:
https://www.foxsports.com/live/btn (tvpli)

Audio:
https://whcc105.com/

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=431312

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Howee

PostPosted: 02/09/23 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Must. See. TEE. VEE. Cool

As is always the case in a matchup between 2 strong teams, there are so many 'little things' that can impact the outcome of this game. I just hope it's not silly fouls or other things beyond the players' and coaches' control.

PostPosted: 02/09/23 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Home team favored by 4.5. They meet again at Iowa in two weeks. Right now Iowa is a 2pt fav. to win the rematch.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/09/23 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1Q 19-19
2Q 39-39
Evenly matched!

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/09/23 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Home team up by 5, 62-57 end of 3Q.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/09/23 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IU has to start hitting more that 1 of 2 free throws.

Or they will lose.

Iowa needs to not throw the ball away.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/09/23 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Or they will lose.

I think this ended up being more about Iowa not making their free throws, 12-23 than IU not making their’s, 22-34. The Hawkeyes also shot an unusual 6-23 from three.

IU 87-78

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/09/23 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Or they will lose.

I think this ended up being more about Iowa not making their free throws, 12-23 than IU not making their’s, 22-34. The Hawkeyes also shot an unusual 6-23 from three.

IU 87-78

From 4:06 of the fourth to :55, IU missed one of two shots on 5 occasions.

And 8 of the 11 misses for Iowa were from one player that went O-fer.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Howee

PostPosted: 02/10/23 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dang. This was an instant Classic, imo. It was truly an entertaining game, with tough, gritty efforts by all. It was a shame either team had to lose.

Clark is Clark. Is Clark. An obvious superstar, destined to become one of those people in future GOAT discussions. Her supporting cast was simply kept from being the factors they generally are*. Monika must have been crushed.

But the player that impressed me the most was The Amazing Grace: she was the consummate leader, holding her team together like the respected floor general that she is. She never looked rushed or panicky. She looked to me like she did NOT wanna lose another game to Iowa, NOT tonight.

Kudos to both teams for coming to war well-prepared, and fighting hard til the end. And of course, Congratulations to Indiana for their well-earned victory.

Also, I was thrilled to see the gargantuan crowd. Moren has definitely taken Indiana places I never thought I'd see.

* Yeah, SOME of the reffing stank up the place, but the stinkiness went both ways, and the kids didn't seem to let it throw them off.

PostPosted: 02/10/23 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Dang. This was an instant Classic, imo. It was truly an entertaining game, with tough, gritty efforts by all. It was a shame either team had to lose.

Clark is Clark. Is Clark. An obvious superstar, destined to become one of those people in future GOAT discussions. Her supporting cast was simply kept from being the factors they generally are*. Monika must have been crushed.

But the player that impressed me the most was The Amazing Grace: she was the consummate leader, holding her team together like the respected floor general that she is. She never looked rushed or panicky. She looked to me like she did NOT wanna lose another game to Iowa, NOT tonight.

Kudos to both teams for coming to war well-prepared, and fighting hard til the end. And of course, Congratulations to Indiana for their well-earned victory.

Also, I was thrilled to see the gargantuan crowd. Moren has definitely taken Indiana places I never thought I'd see.

* Yeah, SOME of the reffing stank up the place, but the stinkiness went both ways, and the kids didn't seem to let it throw them off.

Grace was not to be denied. She was focused. Just a great performance that should raise he Drraft value.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/11/23 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When two team both have the same intiials, can we not use those initials for one of the teams? It's very confusing for those of us not in BIG country.

~rAf
Queenie

PostPosted: 02/11/23 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

but.. they don't have the same initials? University of Iowa. Indiana University. It's not the University of Indiana, I made that mistake once and got shamed on the Internet.

PostPosted: 02/11/23 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@ some people: when in doubt, look something up (google, etc), cuz you may get your answer and get things cleared up without having to ask

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: