RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Whither Hamby?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
johnjohnW



Joined: 11 Aug 2020
Posts: 1529



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/23 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
BamaEd wrote:
Ok I think I am looking at her statement differently than some of you. To me, her statement may have had some to do with the CBA but a lot of it was someone from the front office seemingly accusing her of getting pregnant on purpose along with other disparaging remarks about her pregnancy. If it had been just about what the CBA says about pregnancy, I don’t think you would have had the players association get involved like it did. To me Hamby’s statement reads like she was pregnancy shamed, not pregnancy traded. But that’s just me.


I think I didn't catch this part of the story when I made my prior post. That's on me. Obviously workplace harassment is not the same thing as what I was talking about. If this is the case, the fairness of the trade is irrelevant. That would be awful if they said those things.


Oh no worries, that's why I wanted to be sure. I hope I came across as respectful as well.

For those that don't have or don't want to go to Instagram, the posts were referenced in the ESPN article

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/35496694/dearica-hamby-claims-aces-unethical-trade-sparks


You did and I appreciate you bringing it up.


johnjohnW



Joined: 11 Aug 2020
Posts: 1529



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/25/23 7:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/d7O1dAePBCE

Matt Ellentuck and Marissa Coleman discussing the Hamby situation.

Also note the anecdote Coleman gives about how she was treated by an unnamed Indiana Fever coach who is clearly Pokey.


PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 16140
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/25/23 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

Also note the anecdote Coleman gives about how she was treated by an unnamed Indiana Fever coach who is clearly Pokey.


Huh. I had forgotten that Coleman even played for the Fever. She was even an All-Star for us!


johnjohnW



Joined: 11 Aug 2020
Posts: 1529



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/25/23 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Also note the anecdote Coleman gives about how she was treated by an unnamed Indiana Fever coach who is clearly Pokey.


Huh. I had forgotten that Coleman even played for the Fever. She was even an All-Star for us!


Odd. That's the team I most associate her with.


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 8035



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/25/23 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I understand what Coleman is saying, but she sounds a little bitter. I have no issue with her comments about the coach (Pokey allegedly)......but when she said... " she doesn't know what Vegas was thinking because she would take Hamby over Zahui b every day and that LA won the trade".....it felt like she was taking a shot at Zahui b (Ex-Teammate/NYL....The Lib re-signed Zahui b in 2019 while not offering Coleman a contract to return)... How can you make a statement like that when you don't know who Vegas is going to sign/replace Hamby with using the added cap space?.... Then saying Vegas would not have gotten that far without Hamby...Really?...Did Coleman watch the playoffs?... Hamby has been a no-show during the playoffs the last 3 seasons. Got hurt in 2020, played poorly/not 100% in 2021, and was pregnant/injured in 2022.....Marissa always came off as a hater.......That being said, I think this trade could be a win for both teams...The Sparks get the better player and Vegas could potentially use their cap space to sign C.Parker or Meesseman

As for Hamby...I wish she would've gone public sooner. Speaking up after she found out that she was about to get traded comes off as sour grapes. Would Hamby have come forward if Vegas did not trade her?... Probably not............ But to give Hamby the benefit. Maybe she did complain about the situation privately and was just waiting for a resolution...I hope everything turns out well for Hamby.


GEF34



Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 13961



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/26/23 1:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I understand what Coleman is saying, but she sounds a little bitter. I have no issue with her comments about the coach (Pokey allegedly)......but when she said... " she doesn't know what Vegas was thinking because she would take Hamby over Zahui b every day and that LA won the trade".....it felt like she was taking a shot at Zahui b (Ex-Teammate/NYL....The Lib re-signed Zahui b in 2019 while not offering Coleman a contract to return)... How can you make a statement like that when you don't know who Vegas is going to sign/replace Hamby with using the added cap space?.... Then saying Vegas would not have gotten that far without Hamby...Really?...Did Coleman watch the playoffs?... Hamby has been a no-show during the playoffs the last 3 seasons. Got hurt in 2020, played poorly/not 100% in 2021, and was pregnant/injured in 2022.....Marissa always came off as a hater.......That being said, I think this trade could be a win for both teams...The Sparks get the better player and Vegas could potentially use their cap space to sign C.Parker or Meesseman

As for Hamby...I wish she would've gone public sooner. Speaking up after she found out that she was about to get traded comes off as sour grapes. Would Hamby have come forward if Vegas did not trade her?... Probably not............ But to give Hamby the benefit. Maybe she did complain about the situation privately and was just waiting for a resolution...I hope everything turns out well for Hamby.


I don’t understand why you call Marissa Coleman a hater and taking a shot at Amanda Zahui B. as if she is making this personal instead of making a honest observation, Richyyy wrote an article and states the Sparks got the better player too, is he bitter over something with Amanda too. Why can’t it be she is just stating the facts. And why does she need to wait to see what else the Aces do before making a judgment on this trade. Articles have been written about this trade and other trades that have taken place, should they have all waited to make judgments to see who else might be signed or if anything acquired in the trades are used for other trades down the line too or just because Marissa Coleman has/had a personal connection to Amanda she makes it personal but others can make comments and have opinions that are exactly the same as hers, but they are free to do so cause they don’t have a personal connection.


johnjohnW



Joined: 11 Aug 2020
Posts: 1529



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/26/23 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think on a surface level, player for player, the Sparks got a better player in this deal but the Aces got what they wanted strategically. I wouldn't even be surprised if they cut Zahui B. Both teams got something they wanted out of the deal but there isn't any universe in which the Sparks didn't get the best player in the deal.


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 8035



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/26/23 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I understand what Coleman is saying, but she sounds a little bitter. I have no issue with her comments about the coach (Pokey allegedly)......but when she said... " she doesn't know what Vegas was thinking because she would take Hamby over Zahui b every day and that LA won the trade".....it felt like she was taking a shot at Zahui b (Ex-Teammate/NYL....The Lib re-signed Zahui b in 2019 while not offering Coleman a contract to return)... How can you make a statement like that when you don't know who Vegas is going to sign/replace Hamby with using the added cap space?.... Then saying Vegas would not have gotten that far without Hamby...Really?...Did Coleman watch the playoffs?... Hamby has been a no-show during the playoffs the last 3 seasons. Got hurt in 2020, played poorly/not 100% in 2021, and was pregnant/injured in 2022.....Marissa always came off as a hater.......That being said, I think this trade could be a win for both teams...The Sparks get the better player and Vegas could potentially use their cap space to sign C.Parker or Meesseman

As for Hamby...I wish she would've gone public sooner. Speaking up after she found out that she was about to get traded comes off as sour grapes. Would Hamby have come forward if Vegas did not trade her?... Probably not............ But to give Hamby the benefit. Maybe she did complain about the situation privately and was just waiting for a resolution...I hope everything turns out well for Hamby.


I don’t understand why you call Marissa Coleman a hater and taking a shot at Amanda Zahui B. as if she is making this personal instead of making a honest observation, Richyyy wrote an article and states the Sparks got the better player too, is he bitter over something with Amanda too. Why can’t it be she is just stating the facts. And why does she need to wait to see what else the Aces do before making a judgment on this trade. Articles have been written about this trade and other trades that have taken place, should they have all waited to make judgments to see who else might be signed or if anything acquired in the trades are used for other trades down the line too or just because Marissa Coleman has/had a personal connection to Amanda she makes it personal but others can make comments and have opinions that are exactly the same as hers, but they are free to do so cause they don’t have a personal connection.


The only reason why I made mention of Coleman's comments is that I've seen her be dismissive of other players in the past........I've seen Coleman roll her eyes and made facial expressions in regard to other players...When you see someone express themselves like that it sort of sticks with you......Maybe I'm overreacting and reading too much into it. Coleman is basically part of the basketball media now. So she has the right to honestly give her opinion about anything basketball (Sports) related without people like me attacking her.


johnjohnW



Joined: 11 Aug 2020
Posts: 1529



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/26/23 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I understand what Coleman is saying, but she sounds a little bitter. I have no issue with her comments about the coach (Pokey allegedly)......but when she said... " she doesn't know what Vegas was thinking because she would take Hamby over Zahui b every day and that LA won the trade".....it felt like she was taking a shot at Zahui b (Ex-Teammate/NYL....The Lib re-signed Zahui b in 2019 while not offering Coleman a contract to return)... How can you make a statement like that when you don't know who Vegas is going to sign/replace Hamby with using the added cap space?.... Then saying Vegas would not have gotten that far without Hamby...Really?...Did Coleman watch the playoffs?... Hamby has been a no-show during the playoffs the last 3 seasons. Got hurt in 2020, played poorly/not 100% in 2021, and was pregnant/injured in 2022.....Marissa always came off as a hater.......That being said, I think this trade could be a win for both teams...The Sparks get the better player and Vegas could potentially use their cap space to sign C.Parker or Meesseman

As for Hamby...I wish she would've gone public sooner. Speaking up after she found out that she was about to get traded comes off as sour grapes. Would Hamby have come forward if Vegas did not trade her?... Probably not............ But to give Hamby the benefit. Maybe she did complain about the situation privately and was just waiting for a resolution...I hope everything turns out well for Hamby.


I don’t understand why you call Marissa Coleman a hater and taking a shot at Amanda Zahui B. as if she is making this personal instead of making a honest observation, Richyyy wrote an article and states the Sparks got the better player too, is he bitter over something with Amanda too. Why can’t it be she is just stating the facts. And why does she need to wait to see what else the Aces do before making a judgment on this trade. Articles have been written about this trade and other trades that have taken place, should they have all waited to make judgments to see who else might be signed or if anything acquired in the trades are used for other trades down the line too or just because Marissa Coleman has/had a personal connection to Amanda she makes it personal but others can make comments and have opinions that are exactly the same as hers, but they are free to do so cause they don’t have a personal connection.


The only reason why I made mention of Coleman's comments is that I've seen her be dismissive of other players in the past........I've seen Coleman roll her eyes and made facial expressions in regard to other players...When you see someone express themselves like that it sort of sticks with you......Maybe I'm overreacting and reading too much into it. Coleman is basically part of the basketball media now. So she has the right to honestly give her opinion about anything basketball (Sports) related without people like me attacking her.


I don't think you were attacking her. You have just as much of a right to criticize her take.

Now, I disagree with your critique, of course lol.


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 8035



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/26/23 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
zune69 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I understand what Coleman is saying, but she sounds a little bitter. I have no issue with her comments about the coach (Pokey allegedly)......but when she said... " she doesn't know what Vegas was thinking because she would take Hamby over Zahui b every day and that LA won the trade".....it felt like she was taking a shot at Zahui b (Ex-Teammate/NYL....The Lib re-signed Zahui b in 2019 while not offering Coleman a contract to return)... How can you make a statement like that when you don't know who Vegas is going to sign/replace Hamby with using the added cap space?.... Then saying Vegas would not have gotten that far without Hamby...Really?...Did Coleman watch the playoffs?... Hamby has been a no-show during the playoffs the last 3 seasons. Got hurt in 2020, played poorly/not 100% in 2021, and was pregnant/injured in 2022.....Marissa always came off as a hater.......That being said, I think this trade could be a win for both teams...The Sparks get the better player and Vegas could potentially use their cap space to sign C.Parker or Meesseman

As for Hamby...I wish she would've gone public sooner. Speaking up after she found out that she was about to get traded comes off as sour grapes. Would Hamby have come forward if Vegas did not trade her?... Probably not............ But to give Hamby the benefit. Maybe she did complain about the situation privately and was just waiting for a resolution...I hope everything turns out well for Hamby.


I don’t understand why you call Marissa Coleman a hater and taking a shot at Amanda Zahui B. as if she is making this personal instead of making a honest observation, Richyyy wrote an article and states the Sparks got the better player too, is he bitter over something with Amanda too. Why can’t it be she is just stating the facts. And why does she need to wait to see what else the Aces do before making a judgment on this trade. Articles have been written about this trade and other trades that have taken place, should they have all waited to make judgments to see who else might be signed or if anything acquired in the trades are used for other trades down the line too or just because Marissa Coleman has/had a personal connection to Amanda she makes it personal but others can make comments and have opinions that are exactly the same as hers, but they are free to do so cause they don’t have a personal connection.


The only reason why I made mention of Coleman's comments is that I've seen her be dismissive of other players in the past........I've seen Coleman roll her eyes and made facial expressions in regard to other players...When you see someone express themselves like that it sort of sticks with you......Maybe I'm overreacting and reading too much into it. Coleman is basically part of the basketball media now. So she has the right to honestly give her opinion about anything basketball (Sports) related without people like me attacking her.


I don't think you were attacking her. You have just as much of a right to criticize her take.

Now, I disagree with your critique, of course lol.


Well thanks...Although, calling Marissa a hater for having an opinion could be seen as an attack against her. Especially if her comments weren't meant to disparage Zahui b Embarassed


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin