RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kansas @ #12 Arizona - 12/08/22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 12/07/22 11:12 pm    ::: Kansas @ #12 Arizona - 12/08/22 Reply Reply with quote

Tucson, AZ - 10:00 PM ET
TV: Pac-12 Network

Video stream:
https://pac-12.com/womens-basketball/event/2022/12/08/kansas-arizona (tvpli)

Audio:
https://thevarsitynetwork.com/audioapplink/source/oas-1168/content/arizona:allaccess-Live-219

Live stats:
http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/statbroadcast.php?gid=ariz

Battle of 7-0’s

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/08/22 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another upset alert.

Kansas is up 73-43 over AZ with 2:30 left in the game

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/08/22 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FINAL

Kansas 77, AZ 50

#12 goes down. Then again, the best team previously undefeated Arizona had beaten was 3-3 Long Beach State. A schedule that would make Kim Mulkey proud.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/08/22 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yes. reality strikes again. kansas shredded them.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/08/22 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not surprised Kansas won but I didn't expect this big a margin

PostPosted: 12/09/22 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

19 pts on 9-13 FG, 15 reb, 3 blk, 2 stl. Taiyanna Jackson for Kansas is becoming a sleeper draft prospect, though she could return to school next season.

While it's still only December, there seems to be obvious improvement between last season and the early-goings of this season for the true senior. And 6-6 centers don't grow on trees.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 12/09/22 7:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
19 pts on 9-13 FG, 15 reb, 3 blk, 2 stl. Taiyanna Jackson for Kansas is becoming a sleeper draft prospect, though she could return to school next season.

While it's still only December, there seems to be obvious improvement between last season and the early-goings of this season for the true senior. And 6-6 centers don't grow on trees.

What school did she play for before Kansas?

PostPosted: 12/09/22 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

Despite being highly ranked in HS (#12 post by ESPN) she played at Trinity Valley JC. Her numbers weren't as good there as they are @ KS. Can you imagine how good KS might be if Ayoka Lee wasn't injured?

Kudos to KS - yet another unranked school adds some luster tonight to their tourney resume for March.

PostPosted: 12/09/22 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Despite being highly ranked in HS (#12 post by ESPN) she played at Trinity Valley JC. Her numbers weren't as good there as they are @ KS. Can you imagine how good KS might be if Ayoka Lee wasn't injured?

Kudos to KS - yet another unranked school adds some luster tonight to their tourney resume for March.

You probably just got crossed up for a minute, but Ayoka Lee plays for Kansas State. Smile It's good they aren't on the same team imo – they seem too functionally similar to be good together as teammates on the floor at the same time. You can make it work with maybe any other position, just not two true centers.

Jackson matched up with Lee twice last year, with K-State (at home) winning the first game and Kansas (at home) winning the second. In pts-reb-stl-blk format: Jackson had 2-5-1-8(!!) in the first and 10-10-4-5 in the second; Lee meanwhile had 25-15-0-2 in the first and 18-13-3-2 in the second. Sadly we won't get to see them play against each other this year (or ever again in college??) with this improved version of Jackson.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/09/22 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ahhh....my old age creeping in again. Yes, Lee is in Manhattan. I'll be interested to see how Jackson matches up with Soares in Big 12 play.

PostPosted: 12/09/22 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Ahhh....my old age creeping in again. Yes, Lee is in Manhattan. I'll be interested to see how Jackson matches up with Soares in Big 12 play.
👀💵

PostPosted: 12/09/22 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

You probably just got crossed up for a minute, but Ayoka Lee plays for Kansas State. Smile It's good they aren't on the same team imo – they seem too functionally similar to be good together as teammates on the floor at the same time. You can make it work with maybe any other position, just not two true centers.

Too true. It would give me shades of Zach Edey and Trevion Williams at Purdue last year, compared to what Edey is able to do on his own this year.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 12/10/22 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This Kansas team is fun to watch. They haven’t had extreme completion so I’ll look forward to seeing what they can do in conference play. Adding Mayberry from Tulsa gives them a solid guard rotation. She looked good against Arizona. Also, they haven’t had a healthy Chatzileonti, who scored in double digits last season. She did play some against Arizona.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: