RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other games 12/4/22-12/7/22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/05/22 8:00 pm    ::: Other games 12/4/22-12/7/22 Reply Reply with quote

Here's a thread to post about any games not otherwise listed. Non-P5 or other games of interest. I'll start another next Sunday.

JMU hosted Maryland-Eastern Shore at the AUBD yesterday afternoon. It was an uncharacteristic game for the Dukes at first as they let the Shore Hawks get out ahead by quite a bit in the first half. Kiki Jefferson didn't look at all like herself--her shots weren't falling and neither were her free throws. JMU's rebounding was off and Steph Ouderkirk couldn't hit from outside. Then Coach O wisely benched Steph and Kseniia Kozlova who wasn't doing much of anything and put in Peyton McDaniel who immediately went on a tear and started putting in 3s. She was aided and abetted by Claire Neff and a speedier lineup for much of the game, but it wasn't until the 4th that JMU finally took over the game. Final was 70-59 which sounds more lopsided than it was, but the truth is that the Shore Hawks just ran out of gas....or as Pat Summit used to say, "We wore on 'em!"

PostPosted: 12/05/22 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MSU outscored Purdue 22-8 in the 4th to take the game to OT.

Not sure what happened, but they were talking about a foul on the opening tip. Sure enough, Purdue's Lasha Petree was assessed a foul at 9:59 of the 1st.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Howee

PostPosted: 12/06/22 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Not sure what happened, but they were talking about a foul on the opening tip. Sure enough, Purdue's Lasha Petree was assessed a foul at 9:59 of the 1st.

I did see that instance: Petree, being significantly outsized, reached for the tossed ball with her right hand, but also very clearly used her left hand to limit the other jumper - playground stuff, but she just got caught. Interesting game.

PostPosted: 12/06/22 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

I did see that instance: Petree, being significantly outsized, reached for the tossed ball with her right hand, but also very clearly used her left hand to limit the other jumper - playground stuff, but she just got caught. Interesting game.

Laughing

Makes me wonder if that is something that the MSU coaches saw on tape and asked the refs to watch for. Not sure how many coaches watch the tip of a game while scouting though. Maybe another friendly coach tipped MSU after it happened in their game?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/06/22 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SIU-Edwardsville @ Louisville, 12/6/22, 7pm

(On ACCN+ on ESPN Streaming App)

SIUE is 0-6, having just gotten curb-stomped by Iowa St, 93-43 in their last outing.
It's early, only 4 minutes into the game, but Louisville actually looks almost competent. But it's hard to tell whether that's a manifestation of the Cardinals getting their act together, or just an illusion resulting from the horrible quality of their opponent.

BTW, fickle Louisville fans, the Yum Center looks nearly vacant, in marked contrast to the usual huge mob of adoring Walz fans in attendance.

Now 19-5 at about mid 1st Q. Morgan Jones already has 4 steals and 9 points.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/06/22 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like the Lady Vols might make it back to .500. Leading Chattanooga 54-34 early in the 4th Q.

From the little I've seen, not a very elegant game. About what I have come to expect from Harper's teams. Let's just say they still don't look anything similar to being the 5th best team in the country.

Currently on SECN+ on the ESPN App.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/07/22 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Looks like the Lady Vols might make it back to .500. Leading Chattanooga 54-34 early in the 4th Q.

From the little I've seen, not a very elegant game. About what I have come to expect from Harper's teams. Let's just say they still don't look anything similar to being the 5th best team in the country.

Currently on SECN+ on the ESPN App.

They were missing Jasmine Franklin (concussion protocol), Tamari Key (medical reasons), and Rickea Jackson (possibly also medical reasons, coach's decision), and Jillian Hollingshead was just back from concussion protocol. Geez Louise, Art.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: