PostPosted: 12/02/22 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Philadelphia

still in existence, yes

undersized_post

PostPosted: 12/02/22 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
Clark needs to declare, isn’t she tired of being a one woman show for a barely sweet sixteen type of team?

i noticed late last year, and this year, she appears annoyed with her teammates - its giving frustration that caitlin is head and shoulders above all her teammates

As someone who watches all of Iowa's games, I haven't seen Clark express annoyance at her teammates much at all since the first half of her freshman year, when her body language was even more emotive than it is now (if you can believe it).

I only saw her visibly annoyed at a teammate one time last night. It was midway through the fourth quarter when Iowa was trying to stage a comeback. They'd been playing their best when getting out quickly in their transition offense, but instead of looking for Clark up the floor after a defensive rebound, a teammate decided to slow things down.

At this point in her career she's quicker to show annoyance/frustration at herself for missing a shot or making a bad pass.

PostPosted: 12/06/22 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's going on with Rickea Jackson of Tennessee? She was ranked #7 on the world-famous Stormeo rankings posted a few pages ago, but now she finds herself on the bench and in street clothes due a coach's decision that is expected to last 'indefinitely.'

She was averaging over 15 points a game, so it's not like she's done absolutely nothing (although I must say that when I watched her, I hardly noticed her; Jordan Horston has stolen the show so far). Does anyone know what's going on behind the scenes?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/06/22 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
What's going on with Rickea Jackson of Tennessee? She was ranked #7 on the world-famous Stormeo rankings posted a few pages ago, but now she finds herself on the bench and in street clothes due a coach's decision that is expected to last 'indefinitely.'

She was averaging over 15 points a game, so it's not like she's done absolutely nothing (although I must say that when I watched her, I hardly noticed her; Jordan Horston has stolen the show so far). Does anyone know what's going on behind the scenes?

I think they both have had better games than each so far this season . Jackson just had a 30 point outing . They have a message board for that school where they are discussing whats going on . I doubt the WNBA mock draft thread would be the place to find out , but who knows. Overall im not convinced whatever is going on will affect her draft stock .

PostPosted: 12/06/22 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
What's going on with Rickea Jackson of Tennessee? She was ranked #7 on the world-famous ~*Stormeo*~ rankings posted a few pages ago, but now she finds herself on the bench and in street clothes due a coach's decision that is expected to last 'indefinitely.'

and (shameless self-promo alert) don’t forget about the rest of my watch list! Very Happy that’s where you can find players like Charisma Osborne, who’s well on her way to making me eat crow for not having her in my original Top 36 Embarassed

anywho, at this point i’m kinda hoping Rickea Jackson ditches Tennessee, turns pro, and joins an overseas team by next month ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NYSports56

PostPosted: 12/06/22 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:

I think they both have had better games than each so far this season . Jackson just had a 30 point outing . They have a message board for that school where they are discussing whats going on . I doubt the WNBA mock draft thread would be the place to find out , but who knows. Overall im not convinced whatever is going on will affect her draft stock .

I posted it here because I couldn't figure out where else to post it. I didn't see a Tennessee thread, nor was there a game thread for the last game. Since she was considered a top prospect, I thought here was as good as any to discuss.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/15/22 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Drexel’s Keishana Washington, a 5-7 PG who’ll be out of eligibility after this season, is currently leading Div. I in scoring at 28.1 PPG. She’s averaging 43% FG (35% 3PT), 7.2 FTA/gm (86% FT), 1.4 spg, 4.6 apg, and 2.3 ato. I like those assist numbers considering she’s such a high-volume scorer. Anyway, I figured she deserved a shout-out if nothing else.

www.lancasteronline.com/sports/nba/college/local-college-basketball-keishana-washington-now-drexels-third-best-all-time-scorer/article_b042d8ab-b63a-50b8-adad-bc41cea5e3b7.html

Quote:
Washington scored a game-high 32 points to become the first player in program history with five 30-point games before the turn of the calendar year.

Drexel hosts Makenna Marisa & Penn State this Sunday in what’ll likely be their biggest (pre-Big Dance) game of the season.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/22/22 1:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Power-6 senior leaders in scoring so far (min. 14 PPG on 40+% FG) – courtesy of HerHoopStats

singinerd54

PostPosted: 12/22/22 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks, Stormeo.

One question and one thought:
- What do people see in Joens that they don't see in Siegrist? I haven't watched either much, but they seem to have similar skillsets, similar flaws, and the same position(al switch - 4 to 3) in the W.
- Based only on the UConn game yesterday, Sidney Cooks has a nice jump shot and may be worth a second or third round pick.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/23/22 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joens appears to have started at the 2 her freshman year back when Bridget Carleton was a senior, if anyone remembers/is familiar with that

Siegrist I think would be firmly in the lottery pick discussion if she went to UConn rather than a school in UConn’s conference, but hopefully UConn’s recent return to the Big East singlehandedly elevated every Big East prospect’s draft stock from then on moving forward

Gotta say, specifically Siegrist’s wingspan reminds me of Breanna Stewart’s – though it probably helps that they have the same skin tone & hair color lol

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/23/22 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m glad I’m not the only person getting strong Stewart vibes off Siegrist, even if it is just the look.

I think Joens gets more hype than Siegrist because she plays in a Power 5 conference. Isn’t she also a smidge bigger?

Cooks has really had to rely more on her outside shot this season because she is getting the worst of it in the post. I try not to kvetch about refs more than I have to, but she doesn’t seem to be getting officiated fairly in the paint. Seton Hall does a lot more to hype up Lauren Park-Lane, but I think Sid has a better chance at long-term success.

PostPosted: 12/23/22 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My first-round thoughts so far

1: Indiana - Aliyah Boston, 6-5 C/F, South Carolina
2: Minnesota - Diamond Miller, 6-3 F/G, Maryland
3: Atlanta - Haley Jones, 6-1 G/F, Stanford
4: Washington - Ashley Joens, 6-1 F/G, Iowa State
5: Chicago - Rickea Jackson, 6-2 F, Tennessee
6: New York - Jordan Horston, 6-2 G/F, Tennessee
7: Indiana - Maddy Siegrist, 6-1 F, Villanova
8: Atlanta - Elizabeth Kitley, 6-6 C, Virginia Tech
9: Seattle - Aijha Blackwell, 5-11 F/G, Baylor
10: Connecticut - Taylor Mikesell, 5-11 SG, Ohio State
11: Dallas - Madi Williams, 5-11 F/G, Oklahoma
12: Minnesota - Stephanie Soares, 6-6 C/F, Iowa State

I found it hard anticipating what direction Atlanta’s gonna go in at #3. Haley Jones is not the 3rd-BPA imo, but I think Atlanta will take a liking to her combination of character & talent. And I’m starting to think Kitley will be there at 8 for them if they still need some center depth by then (probably?).

Otherwise, I’m trying to ride the BPA angle. I’m starting to like Horston in the Top 6 (I almost put her at 3) after having recently seen how pro-ready her body looks, and I’m starting to like either her or Haley Jones for New York at 6 as a potential longterm backcourt mate to Ionescu. Still think they ought to trade the pick in the right deal, but I think those two are it for me re: the Liberty at 6.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 12/24/22 1:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe Miller, Jackson, and Horston are the best athletic wing prospects of the 2023 draft. I would like to see Chicago draft someone that can make 3pt shots very well. That's why I am keeping an eye on Siegrist, Mikesell, and Senechal.

PostPosted: 12/24/22 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The sleeper I'm watching on is Dulcy Fankam Mendjiadeu from USF.

She's avg 17pts 12rebs and dropped 34pts and 17rebs against Ohio State!

Looking like a late 1st or definitely a second the way she's playing

And Her teammate's Sammie Puisis and Elena Tsineke both averaging 16 a game, Sammie reminds me of Sami Whitcomb from my Libs. if they don't sign Sami u can scoop up a fresh young player in the 3rd round that can score

awhom111

PostPosted: 12/24/22 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I believe Miller, Jackson, and Horston are the best athletic wing prospects of the 2023 draft. I would like to see Chicago draft someone that can make 3pt shots very well. That's why I am keeping an eye on Siegrist, Mikesell, and Senechal.

James Wade seems like the kind of GM to know the rules well enough to just offer Lopez Senechal the second her season ends.
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 12/25/22 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:

She's avg 17pts 12rebs and dropped 34pts and 17rebs against Ohio State!

And completely dominated Mikulasikova to the tune of 2 points on 1-8 shooting in the process. Very impressive performance. I agree that she deserves to be looked at; she might be one of those relatively late-to-develop players similar to Jonquel.

PostPosted: 12/26/22 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Joens appears to have started at the 2 her freshman year back when Bridget Carleton was a senior, if anyone remembers/is familiar with that

Siegrist I think would be firmly in the lottery pick discussion if she went to UConn rather than a school in UConn’s conference, but hopefully UConn’s recent return to the Big East singlehandedly elevated every Big East prospect’s draft stock from then on moving forward

Gotta say, specifically Siegrist’s wingspan reminds me of Breanna Stewart’s – though it probably helps that they have the same skin tone & hair color lol

I hope she continues to stay under the radar because I want her at #11 😎

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 12/26/22 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

I found it hard anticipating what direction Atlanta’s gonna go in at #3. Haley Jones is not the 3rd-BPA imo, but I think Atlanta will take a liking to her combination of character & talent. And I’m starting to think Kitley will be there at 8 for them if they still need some center depth by then (probably?).

Otherwise, I’m trying to ride the BPA angle. I’m starting to like Horston in the Top 6 (I almost put her at 3) after having recently seen how pro-ready her body looks, and I’m starting to like either her or Haley Jones for New York at 6 as a potential longterm backcourt mate to Ionescu. Still think they ought to trade the pick in the right deal, but I think those two are it for me re: the Liberty at 6.

There will be a blockbuster trade on draft day and MN will end up with the #1 pick, selecting Aliyah Boston!!!

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/26/22 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
There will be a blockbuster trade on draft day and MN will end up with the #1 pick, selecting Aliyah Boston!!!

now DFWub… you must explain yourself with this hot take because why on earth would Indiana agree to this Shocked and what exactly would such a trade look like?

adamj95

PostPosted: 12/26/22 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

From your lips to god's ears! #AnyoneButPhee

PostPosted: 12/26/22 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

From your lips to god's ears! #AnyoneButPhee

I usually don't tip my thoughts with these WNBA Mock Drafts, I like Ashley Joens and I believe she'll fit well with the Mystics. I see Ashley Joens as a steal for the Mystics at the 4th pick in the 2023 WNBA Draft if Thibault doesn't trade the pick.

Milks26

PostPosted: 12/27/22 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

now DFWub… you must explain yourself with this hot take because why on earth would Indiana agree to this Shocked and what exactly would such a trade look like?

Catch is gone won't happen. There won't be a player like Boston coming out in a few years. SC might have one or two in the works, but their young in their game.

PostPosted: 12/27/22 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s almost hibernation time for me Laughing but a serious question for the board. What does Haley Jones do that Jordan Horston does not? Size for size they are equal both are playmakers , both are okay shooters and excel in the midrange and attacking the rim. I’m struggling to see the differences other than school discipline to keep these two with such a gap in the draft. Ceiling wise Horston has the tools to become another Copper imo. Haley has the potential to become the next Swin Cash.

PostPosted: 12/30/22 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

LOL....I had a dream that's what happened and I thought it was weird that I was dreaming about another team, so it has to come true, right😵

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 11 of 26

Jump to: