RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#10 Louisville vs South Dakota St - 11/21/22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/21/22 5:40 pm    ::: #10 Louisville vs South Dakota St - 11/21/22 Reply Reply with quote

Battle 4 Atlantis
Paradise Island, Bahamas - 7:30 PM ET

TV: None

Video stream:
https://www.flohoops.com/signup?redirect=%2Flive%2F46775&utm_campaign=168851battleatlantisw&utm_medium=partner&utm_source=participatingschools&utm_content=participatingschools&rtid=168851&coverage_id=7965964 (sub)

Audio:
https://gojacks.com/watch

Live stats:
https://www.statbroadcast.com/events/statbroadcast.php?t=1&gid=sdst

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
linkster

PostPosted: 11/21/22 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

17-10 midway through the 2nd period. Both teams seem to be playing on fumes.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/21/22 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I always hated the concept of playing three games in three days, even if it’s all in the same location. Just doesn’t seem fair to the bodies of the student-athletes. (If this was ever implemented in the W, it’s been a hot-ass minute.)

Queenie

PostPosted: 11/21/22 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I always hated the concept of playing three games in three days, even if it’s all in the same location. Just doesn’t seem fair to the bodies of the student-athletes. (If this was ever implemented in the W, it’s been a hot-ass minute.)

Back-to-back-to-back happened once that I know of in the W, due to the 2003 blackout. Libs won 2 out of 3.

PostPosted: 11/21/22 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Louisville loses 65-55. S Dakota St took the lead in the 2nd Q and never gave it back, opening it to as much as 16.

Louisville looks like a poster child for the results of throwing together transfers and new starters and hoping chemistry will magically appear.

I don't share the opinion that chemistry will eventually always develop. Sometimes the pieces just don't fit together.

I also don't share the view that playing three days in a row is overly taxing. At that age, these folks go out and play hours of ball day after day after day. And there are plenty of time outs and breaks. I expect any lackadaisical play was more the result of a total lack of interest in playing for 5th place and disappointment over their previous losses in the tournament.

GEF34

PostPosted: 11/22/22 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Louisville loses 65-55. S Dakota St took the lead in the 2nd Q and never gave it back, opening it to as much as 16.

Louisville looks like a poster child for the results of throwing together transfers and new starters and hoping chemistry will magically appear.

I don't share the opinion that chemistry will eventually always develop. Sometimes the pieces just don't fit together.

I also don't share the view that playing three days in a row is overly taxing. At that age, these folks go out and play hours of ball day after day after day. And there are plenty of time outs and breaks. I expect any lackadaisical play was more the result of a total lack of interest in playing for 5th place and disappointment over their previous losses in the tournament.

There is a difference in playing open gym when you can walk up the court on defense, you can not guard your player, you can let rest of you team run up on offense and you walk up behind them and not care if you are involved in the play and playing an actual game when all of that stuff matters among other things like the mental aspect of remember scouts, plays, etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: