RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Article: The Top Ten Point Guards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 10/27/22 2:36 pm    ::: Article: The Top Ten Point Guards Reply Reply with quote

Top 10 Point Guards In Women's College Hoops: Familiar Faces And Names
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/27/22 3:13 pm    ::: Re: Article: The Top Ten Point Guards Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Rolling Eyes Top 10 PG list that doesn't include Olivia Miles is worthless. Rolling Eyes Can't wait to see the rest of their ignorant lists.

~rAf
Chip

PostPosted: 10/27/22 4:05 pm    ::: Re: Article: The Top Ten Point Guards Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Rolling Eyes Top 10 PG list that doesn't include Olivia Miles is worthless. Rolling Eyes Can't wait to see the rest of their ignorant lists.

CO-SIGN

PRballer

PostPosted: 10/28/22 12:00 pm    ::: Re: Article: The Top Ten Point Guards Reply Reply with quote

Chip wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

CO-SIGN

Wow. Yep, agree. Miles could be argued as the top traditional PG in the country especially if one assumes Clark is more of a general “guard” a la Taurasi in her UConn days

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 10/28/22 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

These lists are universal shyte. Hell, according to the WBCA there are 40 guards in the country better than Jacy Sheldon, including her own, less talented teammate; and Mimi Collins is a 3. Laughing

PostPosted: 10/28/22 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking at the source, I would possibly cross-reference how many of these players have games being broadcast through FloHoops and how many of the players being snubbed do not before even beginning to consider the competency of the list compiler.

(now with spelling variations)
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 10/28/22 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. Tough crowd. While I agree Miles should be in any point guard top 10 list, her omission alone doesn't make the entire list worthless, in my opinion.

Queenie wrote:
Looking at the source, I would possibly cross-reference how many of these players have games being broadcast through FloHoops and how many of the players being snubbed do not

Interesting point, related to which is this sentence from the article, which I'm having great difficulty parsing:

Quote:
Here's a look at 10 point guards to watch this season, with games - many featuring some of the players below - being broadcast live on FloHoops.

Does this agglomeration of words—"with games", "many", "some", "being broadcast"—mean that everyone on the list will have games broadcast on FloHoops, or not?
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/28/22 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Looking at the source, I would possibly cross-reference how many of these players have games being broadcast through FloHoops and how many of the players being snubbed do not before even beginning to consider the competency of the list compiler.

Good point Queenie! I think you're onto something so the list might more accurately be named "top 10 PG's with games broadcast by..."

I reiterate my point that this list is basically worthless as it purports to be the top 10 PG's in the country, since I could so quickly name a player who should be on any top 10 PG list. I add that Miles plays for an opponent of my team, Duke, and I gain nothing by promoting her name. In fact, unbiased lists of PG's have Miles in every top 5 PG's in the country. Rest assured, Duke's gameplan vs Notre Dame will key on containing Miles, as well as her running mate, ACC FOY Sonya Citron.

~rAf
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/28/22 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Olivia Miles
Deja Kelly
Shaylee Gonzalez
Te-Hina Pao Pao

4 Biggest omissions.

PostPosted: 10/29/22 7:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Olivia Miles
Deja Kelly
Shaylee Gonzalez
Te-Hina Pao Pao

4 Biggest omissions.

And, oh look, none them have games on FloSports, what an astonishing coincidence.

Some of the more... interesting choices... by the sheerest of coincidences are involved in tournaments that FloHoops has the rights to.

I defer comment on the choice of Harmon over Gonzales for Texas to the appropriate authorities. But overall, I am absolutely not surprised that this is approximately 50% advertorial content and 50% actual content. About the one thing Big East fans agree on is that FloHoops is a scam filmed through a middling-quality potato.

(now with spelling variations)
summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/29/22 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aha, FloSports. That godawful platform we were subjected to the last couple of years when JMU was in the CAA. That godawful platform we were so glad to shake the dust from when we left the CAA for the Sun Belt last spring. Is that the key to this silly list?

Let me say this just once. FLOSPORTS SUCKS.

PostPosted: 10/29/22 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Every network touts it's own games. Do fans of the SEC and ACC think that ESPN is unbiased?

As for the top 10 pgs, the best pg in the world is sidelined this season but she is still the best. Rank the rest in any order you like.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/29/22 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nobody thinks ESPN is unbiased Laughing

PostPosted: 10/31/22 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In ND's exhibition tonight, Miles had 16 pts on 8/11 shooting, 8 assists, 4 rebounds in 24 minutes.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 11/01/22 2:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
In ND's exhibition tonight, Miles had 16 pts on 8/11 shooting, 8 assists, 4 rebounds in 24 minutes.

Exhibit A

~rAf
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/01/22 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Haley Jones is predicted by just about everyone to be a first team All-American, and if Jones actually plays the point guard position more than any other player for Stanford, should she not be considered a top 10 point guard?

Or is "being" a point guard something other than the actual position one plays on the floor?
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/01/22 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
If Haley Jones is predicted by just about everyone to be a first team All-American, and if Jones actually plays the point guard position more than any other player for Stanford, should she not be considered a top 10 point guard?

Or is "being" a point guard something other than the actual position one plays on the floor?

Same can be said for Leticia Amihere at SC.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: