RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Best platforms??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 10/19/22 10:42 am    ::: Best platforms?? Reply Reply with quote

Not wanting to dig back too deeply to last season's discussion thread on this (and thinking things might have changed, anyways), I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys on what are, in your experience, the best platforms to watch the most ncaa wcbb?

Last year I stayed with YouTube Live, and can't complain about the number and diversity of games I had access to - very much like my local cable offerings, if not better. It's still ~ $65/mo.

Anyone know of any better options?

PostPosted: 10/19/22 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We use the ESPN platform. It’s relatively cheap, and I can watch a lot of games live or on replay for up to two weeks. I do have ESPN as part of my cable streaming package, and I just pay a little bit extra for the ESPN+ access. Last year we also had Midco Sports, for about $5/month, for the Summit League stuff. Not sure if we’ll subscribe to that this year, as all of South Dakota‘s home games are streamed free, and several of the others are available on ESPN or other teams’ live streams.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/19/22 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I started last season with Hulu+Live TV, but when their prices increased mid-season I cancelled. I then switched to Fubo in January because they're the one service that offers PAC-12 in my area. With conference play starting, I wanted to be able to watch some of that conference. Unfortunately I didn't realize until later that Fubo doesn't include my local ABC, NBC, and CBS channels. So for March Madness (including Iowa's upset loss to Creighton lmao RIP) I discontinued Fubo and switched to YouTubeTV. It's been my favorite so far as well as being a touch cheaper than Hulu.

I mooch off extended family for BTN+ which is essential as an Iowa and Indiana fan. But I totally understand why people who aren't primarily B1G fans don't want to shell out the $ for it. I also occasionally mooch off them for ESPN+, but they have discontinued it at the moment so not sure what I'm gonna do if that need arises. The only time I *needed* ESPN+ last season was the Iowa@UNI game because games at MVC host schools tended to be on ESPN+. It was nice to have because a lot of other mid major conferences are broadcast on ESPN+. It enabled me to watch several members of my fantasy team who I otherwise only knew from box scores, which isn't as fun.

PostPosted: 10/19/22 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have Youtube TV and ESPN+. Between those two, a vast majority of the games I wanted to watch.

PostPosted: 02/05/23 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stay away from Sling. They are toxic!!!!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/06/23 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We have xfinity and get SEC and BTN as well as MASN plus several of the ESPN platforms, also have Apple TV and ESPN+ and I inadvertently paid for one more season of FloSports which I don't use, so I'm set.

PostPosted: 02/06/23 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The best streaming services
https://thestreamable.com/live-tv-streaming

I have Xfinity at home and use YouTubeTV at our cabin. There's not a huge difference in channels, and not much difference in price after you've paid for a cable company that also provides your internet service.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: