RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Summit League Preseason Picks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 10/11/22 2:05 pm    ::: Summit League Preseason Picks Reply Reply with quote

https://thesummitleague.org/sports/wbball
As expected, South Dakota State Bunnies picked first, South Dakota Coyotes picked second. While it is a rebuilding year for the Coyotes, the same can be said for almost every team in the Summit, due to transfers.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/11/22 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wow. I didn't realize how much of a rebuild SD is going thru. And that's kind of amazing they are #2 in the preseason poll considering it's a whole new team! Will you still be following them?

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/11/22 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okay, who picked Denver to finish 8th? I'm worried that my hopes are going to get up this season and I just hope that we can make it through somehow.

adamj95

PostPosted: 10/11/22 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UND finishing 4th would be awesome after the last few seasons they’ve had. Mallory’s got them on the up and up it seems.

PostPosted: 10/12/22 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
wow. I didn't realize how much of a rebuild SD is going thru. And that's kind of amazing they are #2 in the preseason poll considering it's a whole new team! Will you still be following them?

I will definitely still follow them, because we built such strong bonds with our Mom Squad. Our philosophy was that every is girl deserves to be cheered for and got a hug after every game, whether or not her own mom was there (especially for the two girls whose mothers had passed away). So we all became very close with every one of these girls. And Coach P recruited aggressively. While some girls didn’t see the floor very much, they were in practice with our starters, and they are hard workers. They just need to be given the chance to shine. Remember, my daughter was told by the coach at UNM (who did not recruit her) that she “wasn’t athletic enough to play the game of basketball”, which is why she transferred…

adamj95

PostPosted: 10/12/22 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I will definitely still follow them, because we built such strong bonds with our Mom Squad. Our philosophy was that every is girl deserves to be cheered for and got a hug after every game, whether or not her own mom was there (especially for the two girls whose mothers had passed away). So we all became very close with every one of these girls. And Coach P recruited aggressively. While some girls didn’t see the floor very much, they were in practice with our starters, and they are hard workers. They just need to be given the chance to shine. Remember, my daughter was told by the coach at UNM (who did not recruit her) that she “wasn’t athletic enough to play the game of basketball”, which is why she transferred…

Wow, he must be eating his words after seeing what she did for the Coyotes.

PostPosted: 10/12/22 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
Remember, my daughter was told by the coach at UNM (who did not recruit her) that she “wasn’t athletic enough to play the game of basketball”, which is why she transferred…

Hmmm. Is that inept coach still at UNM? Nice to see such support for ALL by you guys.

PostPosted: 10/12/22 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He is still there. He has had numerous players transfer over the 6+ years that he’s been there, though. A lot of bad chemistry on his team, especially two years ago. Players left in the middle of season, and tried to get enough former players together to file a complaint about him, (extreme verbal abuse) but Hannah would not comment and they were mad at her. This year, he texted Hannah during the Sweet 16 and congratulated her. That was the first time she had heard from him since she left.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/12/22 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
....but Hannah would not comment and they were mad at her.

Tough spot to be in. You mentioned his ridiculous inability to realize her talent, but did Hannah ever feel he was abusive? That's just so sad that one person can totally ruin a hard-working kid's dream.

PostPosted: 10/14/22 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Hoopsmom wrote:
....but Hannah would not comment and they were mad at her.

Tough spot to be in. You mentioned his ridiculous inability to realize her talent, but did Hannah ever feel he was abusive? That's just so sad that one person can totally ruin a hard-working kid's dream.

The short answer is yes, but I will not going to the long answer as she does not want to rehash old stuff, she just wants to go forward.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: