Board Junkies Forums

2022 FIBA Women's World Cup
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/01/22 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
I'm a little confused. What award did Chelsea Gray earn? Was it MVP of the final game? And did all game MVP's earn an award - or just the MVP of the final game?

As far as the other tournament All Star entry from the US, I was toggling between Chelsea and Alyssa Thomas, so Breanna Stewart was a surprise to me. Was also wondering about A'ja being MVP despite missing two early games but she was just so superb, it was hard to deny A'ja. Just like in the WNBA, she did it on both sides. She smothered the post as well as Brittney ever did, using her mobility and wingspan to keep everyone out of the paint.

A'ja made sure the new look USA squad was every bit as dominant as the old timers ever were. And Chelsea at the point showed an exciting new look for the squad. She ran the squad, set up her teammates, made key defensive plays and hit the big daggers - exactly what the team needed.

And I love having young ones line up to come onto the squad. For instance,I can see Alyssa making this a "one and done," leaving space for Aliyah Boston.

If Boston displaces any one on the team I would think it's either Austin or Bri Jones. Boston and AT bring different skill sets to the team and USA would be crazy to not have Alyssa on the roster.

Oh, I'm not advocating for Alyssa to leave the roster!!!! She brings things nobody else does to the squad. I'm just not sure how long she'll be available given her injuries and desire to make as much as she can. I don't think she gets the big superstar salary that some get and she knows more than most do about how long her body can withstand the beating.

I must say those voting for ACC POY when it was AT vs Chelsea Gray were really in a pickle. I don't blame them one bit for naming them co POY for the ACC!

~rAf
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 10/01/22 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
I'm a little confused. What award did Chelsea Gray earn? Was it MVP of the final game? And did all game MVP's earn an award - or just the MVP of the final game?

As far as the other tournament All Star entry from the US, I was toggling between Chelsea and Alyssa Thomas, so Breanna Stewart was a surprise to me. Was also wondering about A'ja being MVP despite missing two early games but she was just so superb, it was hard to deny A'ja. Just like in the WNBA, she did it on both sides. She smothered the post as well as Brittney ever did, using her mobility and wingspan to keep everyone out of the paint.

A'ja made sure the new look USA squad was every bit as dominant as the old timers ever were. And Chelsea at the point showed an exciting new look for the squad. She ran the squad, set up her teammates, made key defensive plays and hit the big daggers - exactly what the team needed.

And I love having young ones line up to come onto the squad. For instance,I can see Alyssa making this a "one and done," leaving space for Aliyah Boston.

If Boston displaces any one on the team I would think it's either Austin or Bri Jones. Boston and AT bring different skill sets to the team and USA would be crazy to not have Alyssa on the roster.

Oh, I'm not advocating for Alyssa to leave the roster!!!! She brings things nobody else does to the squad. I'm just not sure how long she'll be available given her injuries and desire to make as much as she can. I don't think she gets the big superstar salary that some get and she knows more than most do about how long her body can withstand the beating.

I must say those voting for ACC POY when it was AT vs Chelsea Gray were really in a pickle. I don't blame them one bit for naming them co POY for the ACC!

I'm a latecomer on the Chelsea Gray bandwagon, but all aboard now!

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/01/22 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Have I told you about when Mr. Coach Brenda (Mark Thomas) and I were at the ACC tournament and each of us was talking up the other team's player for POY. Yes, he was extolling the wonders of Chelsea while I was all about Alyssa. Of course, getting to see Chelsea in person for almost four years, I've always known she was special, but it's great to see how hard she's worked to keep improving her body and her game! Of course, Alyssa already had the perfect body and now just has to keep her body able to make the plays she's been making since long, long ago. I love how she switched to the one hand shot - she is so much more accurate than when she first started having shoulder issues.

~rAf
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 10/01/22 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Have I told you about when Mr. Coach Brenda (Mark Thomas) and I were at the ACC tournament and each of us was talking up the other team's player for POY. Yes, he was extolling the wonders of Chelsea while I was all about Alyssa. Of course, getting to see Chelsea in person for almost four years, I've always known she was special, but it's great to see how hard she's worked to keep improving her body and her game! Of course, Alyssa already had the perfect body and now just has to keep her body able to make the plays she's been making since long, long ago. I love how she switched to the one hand shot - she is so much more accurate than when she first started having shoulder issues.

Would be even better if she got them fixed Surprised

I miss MD being in the ACC, it's still not right having them in the BIG Ten.

Chelsea became the best point guard in the world this year. Used to be Sloot, but she's surpassed her imo.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/02/22 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LJ Shocked Shocked dream scenario for her last game with the Opals Very Happy showing everyone why she was the most dominant player in the world

Does anyone know why she barely played in the semi final against China??

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: