RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

SCOTUS Ready to Overturn Roe??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 08/10/22 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Howee wrote:
This is probably cuz they have their hands full with bringing justice to the MENACING EXTREMISTS (starting with elected officials & POTUS) who merely tried to destroy democracy on Jan. 6. Get in line, bitches....it's gonna be a long wait.

They're "going to bring justice" to elected officials and POTUS. It's funny you still think that. Unless of course you're talking about this committee come November, and Joe Biden next year. That I would agree with.

Want to know who the DOJ is REALLY looking into bringing charges against? With evidence of a crime? Hunter Biden. Possibly by next week.

....anddddd.....2 weeks later? Crickets........ Razz Might wanna reconsider your info source.

PostPosted: 08/10/22 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Makes me wonder how many of these rushed abortions would NOT be performed if the woman had a little more time to find resources to help her and to make her decision.
Quote:
Dr. Katie McHugh is an OBGYN who says she is almost exclusively providing abortion care right now because of the high volume of patients coming from other states and women in Indiana seeking abortion access before the new ban takes effect.

Quote:
"We will continue to provide compassionate and evidence-based care for these people until the last possible moment,” said McHugh. “We've expanded our access. We've expanded our hours and our appointment times, etc. so that we can try to accommodate this need."

Quote:
"Being faced with the need to leave the state in order to feel that I am a full citizen, and that my profession that I live and breathe every day, that I trained for in Indiana and had every intention of staying in Indiana for my entire career - this is devastating,” said McHugh. "It is so hard to be told by your state that you are not good enough. You are not enough to stay here. Your profession that was invested in by the state and my training here is not worth protecting. It is not worth keeping in our state. This is devastating."

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/special-reports/indiana-abortion/indiana-abortion-provider-planning-to-leave-state-when-new-ban-takes-effect/531-46ca659a-ed5a-4b1c-993a-54e002fea3ca

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/08/22 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, this has the potential (I think) to get good!! A few years ago, Indiana republicans pushed through a Religious Freedom Restoration Act. I think that it was mainly to protect businesses that didn't want to serve the LGBTQIA+ (did I get all of it?) community.

Now it might be what invalidates the abortion restrictions in Indiana.

Quote:
The 2015 Religious Freedom Restoration Act prohibits government action that interferes with a person’s religious exercise, unless the government can prove it has a compelling reason for doing so that is the least restrictive alternative available.

Quote:
“Indiana’s RFRA law protects religious freedom for all Hoosiers, not just those who practice Christianity,” said Ken Falk, legal director of the ACLU of Indiana. “The ban on abortion will substantially burden the exercise of religion by many Hoosiers who, under the new law, would be prevented from obtaining abortions, in conflict with their sincere religious beliefs.”

Quote from AG Todd Rokita (he was an idiot even before Roe v Wade was overturned.
Quote:
Defending validly passed laws, including those intended to protect the unborn is a core mission of the Attorney General.

He makes no mention when one law (that was passed first) may be in conflict with another that was passed later. Idiot.

Link to the article and the 22-page complaint.
https://www.wthr.com/article/news/special-reports/indiana-abortion/aclu-files-lawsuit-claiming-new-abortion-restrictions-violate-indianas-religious-freedom-restoration-act/531-d7f16a85-407a-4caa-9b4d-312b0743db4e

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: