RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Oregon Ducks: 2022-2023
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 08/15/22 9:31 pm    ::: Oregon Ducks: 2022-2023 Reply Reply with quote

I just found out that Oregon is hosting The Phil Knight Invitational event for 4 women's teams, and 8 men's teams.

The women's bracket features Oregon vs. North Carolina in one semi and Iowa St. and Michigan St. facing off in the other semi on Thanksgiving Day.

Championship game and consolation game to be played on Nov. 27th. All carried by one of the ESPN iterations.

That's a nice collection of talented clubs - I'll be looking forward to it! Cool

PostPosted: 08/16/22 4:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow! That is wonderful!
I am glad that I can see some of those on TV or online.

Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: 08/28/22 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon's roster is looking very....interesting. Promising, even. Cool

There's a nice blend of new (4 frosh, 1 transfer) and experienced (4) seniors. Only one junior, PaoPao (after the exodus of her classmates) and one sophomore, Philli Kyei round out the roster, and - IFF all can keep healthy - there's a lot of potential.

PostPosted: 08/29/22 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

There's a nice blend of new (4 frosh, 1 transfer) and experienced (4) seniors. Only one junior, PaoPao (after the exodus of her classmates) and one sophomore, Philli Kyei round out the roster, and - IFF all can keep healthy - there's a lot of potential.

1. I can't believe the entire junior class are juniors already

2. Pao Pao(still the greatest name in WCBB) is the only player left from that recruiting class?

Howee

PostPosted: 08/29/22 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Howee wrote:

1. I can't believe the entire junior class are juniors already

2. Pao Pao(still the greatest name in WCBB) is the only player left from that recruiting class?

I know, right?! That class was highly touted. Reminds me of when Sylvia Hatchell landed that class with Diamond DeShields, Allisha Gray, etc., and then....lost 'em all. Shocked

PostPosted: 10/12/22 2:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What was the story of Kylee Watson at Oregon? Who played in front of her? Was she considered a disappointment?

I've been reading rave reviews about her in practice at Notre Dame. Olivia Miles even said today at Media Day the while she likes Maya Dodson a lot, Watson going to fill that position "even better than Maya did" which surprised me considering how well Dodson performed last year.

I'm just wondering what to expect. I had sort of expected fellow transferee Lauren Ebo (from Texas) would be the main center, but that appears not necessarily to be the case.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/12/22 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
What was the story of Kylee Watson at Oregon? Who played in front of her? Was she considered a disappointment?

I don't know she was there long enough to be a disappointment. But she was behind Prince Boley and Sabally. And he recruited two more top rated Freshman bigs so maybe she wasn't sure her turn would come.

ArtBest23 wrote:

I'm just wondering what to expect. I had sort of expected fellow transferee Lauren Ebo (from Texas) would be the main center, but that appears not necessarily to be the case.

Ebo has been out of shape her whole career. If that hasn't changed, she is limited.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/12/22 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Kylee was part of the Fab Five Class that included Pao Pao. Here's an article about her pre-college bio, and her recruiting process.
Quote:
“Her motor,” Graves said. “She plays really hard. They all do to some degree, but she plays super hard. She’s very aggressive. I think she’s going to be kind of an enforcer type for us, some muscle. But she’s really skilled.

“I was most surprised with her skill level as I watched her senior year after she signed here and now in the summer.”

She was a very legit McD's AA and NJ Gatorade POY. When she got to OR, she was in line behind the likes of Sedona Prince and Nyarra Sabally, both her freshman AND sophomore seasons. She actually notched a lot of playing time, given that roster

After she left, I spoke briefly with Kelly about her and the others, and he was not remotely bitter....he said those girls were every bit 'as good as advertised', and tough, hard workers. They simply wanted more than he could give them, and he sincerely wished them well.

I have every confidence she'll be a difference-maker for ND.

PostPosted: 10/14/22 1:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

maybe she was Mormon....

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/28/22 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sedona Prince out for the season with an elbow injury Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 10/28/22 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

Damn, Gina! What did the Ducks do to get on the basketball gods’ bad side?

PostPosted: 10/28/22 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sedona Prince will undergo season-ending elbow surgery to repair a torn ligament.

Prince will exhaust her remaining eligibility to focus on recovery before pursuing a professional career.

https://goducks.com/news/2022/10/28/womens-basketball-prince-to-undergo-season-ending-surgery.aspx

ucbart

PostPosted: 10/28/22 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

Man, this sucks! That poor kid has been snakebit with injuries. I don't blame her for announcing that she's going pro ASAP. Does it say how long recovery time is?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/28/22 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awful news for Prince, really hope she can eventually make a full recovery and have better overall injury luck as a professional

what she did for the advancement of gender equ(al)ity in ncaa sports a couple Big Dances back now needs to be forever highlighted

with that said, do not write off the Ducks yet – I’m forever an Oregon h8r and even I would advise against doing so

Kelly Graves still has 6-8 Kyei, 6-7 Basham, 6-3 VanSlooten, and 6-2 Hosendove on the roster to work with in the frontcourt unit

and while three of those four are underclassmen, a reminder that it was Ruthy Hebard who led the entire Ducks team in scoring her freshman year, in which they made it to the Elite 8

Howee

PostPosted: 10/28/22 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Kelly Graves still has 6-8 Kyei, 6-7 Basham, 6-3 VanSlooten, and 6-2 Hosendove on the roster to work with in the frontcourt unit

Yeah, his cupboard isn't exactly bare, but the one thing Sedona had going was her maturity and leadership - she demonstrated a LOT of that when they were injury-bitten last season.

I hope there's a silver lining in this for Kyei....high potential, but can she/will she rise to the occasion?

Poor Sedona....she's really had a tough road in all this. A Top Ten recruit in '18, she gets injured before she could even play for TX, then hasta redshirt @ OR in what was her 2nd season, and now.....MORE injuries.

PostPosted: 10/28/22 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Van Slooten is pretty highly ranked so it will be interesting to see if she can contribute right away. Kyei is fun to watch but she'll really have to improve to get a lot of floor time. The other big, very big, Freshman is unknown (at least to me)

Howee

PostPosted: 11/11/22 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sabrina is back at Oregon!
Glad to see her in this role, and hopefully, she can get on the court some with the guards for some role model mentoring. Cool

PostPosted: 11/14/22 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Hannah Gusters is transferring to Oregon, she is currently at the Oregon vs Southern game in Baton Rouge with a Oregon shirt on behind the bench.

PostPosted: 11/15/22 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
Looks like Hannah Gusters is transferring to Oregon, she is currently at the Oregon vs Southern game in Baton Rouge with a Oregon shirt on behind the bench.

This has been *in the works* apparently, but is NOT a done deal - there may be some barriers that prevent this from becoming reality.

PostPosted: 01/21/23 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking of Ducks:

Sabrina I. and Hroniss Grasu announce their engagement. May we be blessed with very athletic kids. Cool

PostPosted: 01/21/23 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Sabrina I. and Hroniss Grasu announce their engagement. May we be blessed with very athletic kids. 8)

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/22/23 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cool. best wishes for them.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/22/23 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Speaking of Ducks:

Sabrina I. and Hroniss Grasu announce their engagement. May we be blessed with very athletic kids. Cool

May we get 10 years of Io playing first.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/22/23 1:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, 10 years AT LEAST. By which time ONE of 'em will have enough $$$ to buy her some new jeans. Razz

Hroniss. Is. HOT. Gorgeous couple! Cool

PostPosted: 01/22/23 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Talked to both of them last night -- Sabrina very briefly, Hroniss for a while (and Eddy, Sabrina's twin for even longer). I didn't really want to bother Sabrina, but I did glean some info (more on WBB Daily, if you're interested).

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: