RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEF34

PostPosted: 08/07/22 3:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
As much as I like Zahui B., I much prefer Maria Vadeeva playing center alongside Nneka at PF. Maria was one player strong enough to give a player like Big Bad Syl problems while battling for position in the paint. She was too strong for Syl to just overpower her like Syl could with other players. Plus, Maria was more mobile & active than Liz. I do not know if the Sparks still hold the rights to Maria as a WNBA player.

The Sparks currently hold her rights, but I don't see her ever coming back to play for the Sparks or in the WNBA in general at this point. There are too many external worldly factors that I think make it impossible for her to come over.

jap

PostPosted: 08/07/22 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
jap wrote:
As much as I like Zahui B., I much prefer Maria Vadeeva playing center alongside Nneka at PF. Maria was one player strong enough to give a player like Big Bad Syl problems while battling for position in the paint. She was too strong for Syl to just overpower her like Syl could with other players. Plus, Maria was more mobile & active than Liz. I do not know if the Sparks still hold the rights to Maria as a WNBA player.

The Sparks currently hold her rights, but I don't see her ever coming back to play for the Sparks or in the WNBA in general at this point. There are too many external worldly factors that I think make it impossible for her to come over.

Thanks and, yes,I did consider the current political situation being a possible negating factor that worked against Maria's return. It's a shame. She is a blossoming young player who has played with Nneka overseas before. It was Nneka's enthusiastic recommendation of Maria to Sparks management & coaching brass that galvanized the Sparks's acquisition of Vadeeva. Maria could shoot from outside, midrange, & down low. She was fundamentally sound defensively and muscular enough to give any WNBA player fits. Given how Liz played this season, I thought Maria may have been even more effective than Cambage.

PostPosted: 08/14/22 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:
It was early in my fandom that Carol Ross was fired from the Sparks. It seemed puzzling and it doesn't look like she's been part of the fired coach rotation since. Any insights on what happened and why that is?

Princess Parker the crybaby got her fired. I was always glad Fish didn't put up with her bullshit.

Geez, you fucking people never give it up, do you? Even after she proves you wrong time and time again. Ever since she left your pathetic organization the Sparks and Fisher have been nothing but losers. Absolute losers. She carried that franchise on her back the entire time she was there. You think it’s a coincidence they collapse the second she leaves? How did “not putting up with her bullshit” work out for Fisher? I bet the Sky hate having to put up with her bullshit. You know, with their championship and all. You hold all these imaginary things she’s done against her but Skylar Diggins can call her coach a clown and people defend her. As if I needed a reminder of why I left this place. You people are the absolute worst. I won’t be coming back here.

jap

PostPosted: 08/14/22 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:
It was early in my fandom that Carol Ross was fired from the Sparks. It seemed puzzling and it doesn't look like she's been part of the fired coach rotation since. Any insights on what happened and why that is?

Princess Parker the crybaby got her fired. I was always glad Fish didn't put up with her bullshit.

Geez, you fucking people never give it up, do you? Even after she proves you wrong time and time again. Ever since she left your pathetic organization the Sparks and Fisher have been nothing but losers. Absolute losers. She carried that franchise on her back the entire time she was there. You think it’s a coincidence they collapse the second she leaves? How did “not putting up with her bullshit” work out for Fisher? I bet the Sky hate having to put up with her bullshit. You know, with their championship and all. You hold all these imaginary things she’s done against her but Skylar Diggins can call her coach a clown and people defend her. As if I needed a reminder of why I left this place. You people are the absolute worst. I won’t be coming back here.

CP3 did tend to take time off during her time in LA, especially in the later years after Lisa retired and after she divorced her first husband. I always cut her some slack to a certain extent as she had to deal with an active child all by herself during that period. However, as Sheryl Swoopes queried, "Why didn't she dominate?" I have heard & seen speculation on how much her past injuries may have somewhat restricted her range & fluidity of motion. One of our former posters here pointed out the super tough love coaching her own father gave her, which may have resulted in a love/hate attitude towards the sport. I personally would have loved to witness a fully motivated CP3 playing all out for a full season, and the closest we may have come to that was during her championship year in the City of Angels. Aplayer with CP3's skills and Lisa Leslie's workaholic attitude would have been a genuine nightmare for all opposing teams.

PostPosted: 08/14/22 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Time to start the 2023 thread for the Sparks. They are D-O-N-E for 2022.

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: