Storm
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Sparks
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 10

Shades

PostPosted: 07/06/22 4:03 pm    ::: Storm @ Sparks - 7/07/22 Reply Reply with quote

Los Angeles, CA - 10:30 PM ET
TV: Spectrum Sportsnet, Fox 13+, NBA TV Canada

Video stream:
https://www.twitter.com/wnba
https://spectrumsportsnet.com/watch/live/spectrum-sportsnet
https://www.amazon.com/Seattle-Storm-Los-Angeles-Sparks/dp/B09RQMTMSC/

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/213706/seattle-storm--los-angeles-sparks

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20220707/SEALAS/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/07/22 7:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bird will not play. So this will be a hard one

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/07/22 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's go, Sparks!💜

PostPosted: 07/07/22 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carter, Toliver, and Sykes out for LA.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/07/22 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:

Per usual (lately anyway)

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/07/22 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:

No Sykes? Yikes!🤯

PostPosted: 07/07/22 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sykes has missed the three games before this one.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 07/07/22 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Sykes has missed the three games before this one.

The three games before this one did not require the Sparks to play a team as good as Seattle.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
tfan

PostPosted: 07/07/22 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Breanna Stewart is #1 in the league in Player Efficiency Rating (PER), #1 in Defensive Rating, #1 in Win Share, #1 in scoring.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/wnba/players/s/stewabr01w.html

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/07/22 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Breanna Stewart is #1 in the league in Player Efficiency Rating (PER), #1 in Defensive Rating, #1 in Win Share, #1 in scoring.

She's having a heck of a season, but can't do it all on her own.
The Storm's fortunes lately seem heavily dependent on which games Loyd comes to play.

PostPosted: 07/07/22 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well THAT was a beatdown! Sparks are now 10-12. We could really use a healthy Brittney Sykes and Kristi Toliver pretty soon. Kristi needs to impart her knowledge and game smarts to Chennedy using the Vulcan Mind Touch.

PostPosted: 07/08/22 2:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Well THAT was a beatdown! Sparks are now 10-12. We could really use a healthy Brittney Sykes and Kristi Toliver pretty soon. Kristi needs to impart her knowledge and game smarts to Chennedy using the Vulcan Mind Touch.

Unfortunately, Chennedy seems to be channeling early "lil mopey" Toliver, before Kristi got serious, got tougher and started winning.

I thought Sykes was in "safety protocol" meaning she tested positive for Covid. There's no telling how long it will take her to recover to pre-Covid shape. Breanna Stewart seemed to return to form after a week or so. Tasha Cloud has taken longer. The All*Star break should give us all a break from losing players after they're forced to fly with unmasked passengers.

~rAf
zune69

PostPosted: 07/08/22 4:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

MVP.

ucbart

PostPosted: 07/08/22 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
tfan wrote:

MVP.

And, on the Around the Rim podcast, Terrika Foster Brasby made a whole case of how Plum is MVP. Sorry, that's just blatant, "I don't really like Stewie and I don't want her to win."

ucbart

PostPosted: 07/08/22 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
jap wrote:

Unfortunately, Chennedy seems to be channeling early "lil mopey" Toliver, before Kristi got serious, got tougher and started winning.

I thought Sykes was in "safety protocol" meaning she tested positive for Covid. There's no telling how long it will take her to recover to pre-Covid shape. Breanna Stewart seemed to return to form after a week or so. Tasha Cloud has taken longer. The All*Star break should give us all a break from losing players after they're forced to fly with unmasked passengers.

So, we've narrowed down that the W players are only getting Covid from unmasked passengers on planes? LOLOLOLOLLLLLL. If masks work, and they wear theirs, then how are they getting it on planes? I can't believe mask bandits are still around.....

scullyfu

PostPosted: 07/08/22 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
zune69 wrote:
tfan wrote:

MVP.

And, on the Around the Rim podcast, Terrika Foster Brasby made a whole case of how Plum is MVP. Sorry, that's just blatant, "I don't really like Stewie and I don't want her to win."

Who is Brasby & besides the absurdity her claim, is she someone who is normally sane with her comments?

PostPosted: 07/08/22 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
jap wrote:

I don't believe it is a stretch to think that Kristi sees her old self reflected in current day Chennedy. Kristi knows what it is like to have the green light from coaches to launch away when she's feeling it. She was initially oftentimes a ME player who had to learn to become a true point guard & team player in order to really WIN. She can really help shorten Chennedy's path to playing winning team ball.

Last edited by jap on 07/11/22 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
ucbart

PostPosted: 07/08/22 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
ucbart wrote:
zune69 wrote:
tfan wrote:

MVP.

Who is Brasby & besides the absurdity her claim, is she someone who is normally sane with her comments?

She's the producer of LaChina Robinson's Around the Rim Podcast. She recently made her debut as a sideline reporter at a Sun game. She lives in Connecticut and works at ESPN. I believe she is from Michigan and is an MSU grad.

To me, she has a pretty blatant anti-UCONN sentiment to her, but then again, I think 90% of the on air ESPN personalities do. I can't decide if it's my homerism or if it's true.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 07/08/22 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
To me, she has a pretty blatant anti-UCONN sentiment to her, but then again, I think 90% of the on air ESPN personalities do. I can't decide if it's my homerism or if it's true.

You think that 90 percent of ESPN personalities are anti-Connecticut? Now that's a hot take!

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
ucbart

PostPosted: 07/08/22 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
ucbart wrote:

You think that 90 percent of ESPN personalities are anti-Connecticut? Now that's a hot take!

Yes-the actual personalities that cover WBB.

Debbie Antonelli
Mechelle Voepel
Monica McNutt
Nikki Fargas
Everyone on the SEC Network
Everyone on the ACC Network

Debbie and Monica can't even hide their disdain. It's blatantly obvious.

LOL-I even think Rebecca Lobo is much more critical of UCONN than any other team because she doesn't win the twitter backlash from the mob and she goes out of her way to show she's NOT a homer.

ESPN digital as a whole pushes UCONN, because we get clicks and ESPN loves to have us on the air, but ever since we left the AAC and now are in the BE, which has a Fox partnership, there has been a very anti-UCONN slant by the media members themselves about UCONN, its players, former players, and Geno.

Geno very much represents the "old white man" that the universe hates....and it's very noticeable in UCONN coverage now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: