RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

3 Dead + Shooter in Indy Shooting
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 07/06/22 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Quote:
By your own admission with these heavily redacted numbers of yours, this isn't even the most deadly shooting in Chicago this year.

WHAT???? I didn't admit that. I proved the opposite. I provided stats that show that there were not any other shootings in Chicago this year that had as many victims or as many killed (now up to 7). There were 3 mass shootings that had two killed and there were 4 mass shootings that each had one person killed.

The TWENTY MASS SHOOTINGS in CHICAGO had a TOTAL of TEN people KILLED. NONE of them had more than 2 killed. There are only two other mass shootings in the COUNTRY that had more killed than what happened yesterday in Chicago.

Pointless waste of keystrokes, Ex-Ref....you're dealing with someone who operates on the logic that, since *we* haven't bemoaned the other gun deaths in the city that don't make headlines, why should we bitch about THIS mass murder? He's implying that gun deaths of and by illicit gun owners who shoot at each other is really equivalent to the murder of innocent, unarmed holiday gatherers by an owner of an assault rifle. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/06/22 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Where the hell do you get your information?

According to Wikipedia there have been 20 other mass shootings (4+ victims) in Chicago this year.

10* total died, with the most being 2. *That's .5 people per shooting.

87** total were injured, with the most being 7. **That's 4.35 per shooting.

And based on the descriptions, yeah, I'd say that at least 10 of them were gang related/drive-by shootings. (I'm thinking that more were, but I'm not going to profile by neighborhood because I'm not familiar enough with Chicago to do it accurately.)

This shooting (6) ranks behind Uvalde (22) and Buffalo (10) in the number of people killed.

It ranks only behind Dumas, Arkansas (26) in the number of people injured (25).

This shooting (31) ranks only behind Uvalde (40) in the total number of victims.

https://blockclubchicago.org/2022/06/02/chicago-had-971-shootings-in-first-half-of-the-year-violence-is-trending-down-from-pandemic-peak-but-is-still-way-too-high-expert-says/

That's my bad, it was 971 and that number only included data from January to May and didn't include last month or the first few days of July.

By your own admission with these heavily redacted numbers of yours, this isn't even the most deadly shooting in Chicago this year.

Since we're counting the total number of victims, should we get into that topic as well? Maybe we can dive into who the victims were also? Or who's running the show in Chicago? Or in Illinois?

Wait a minute. You said:
Quote:
There were 970 other shootings in Chicago this year, many of which had more casualties than this one that no one here (or even the mayor of Chicago for that matter) could be bothered to care about. But now, all of a sudden, this one matters. Gee, I wonder why.

I provided stats to show you that there were not ANY other shootings in Chicago with this many victims. There were 20 shootings that had between 4 and 10 victims. The other 750 shootings that you have mentioned had <3 per shooting.

Quote:

WHAT???? I didn't admit that. I proved the opposite. I provided stats that show that there were not any other shootings in Chicago this year that had as many victims or as many killed (now up to 7). There were 3 mass shootings that had two killed and there were 4 mass shootings that each had one person killed.

The TWENTY MASS SHOOTINGS in CHICAGO had a TOTAL of TEN people KILLED. NONE of them had more than 2 killed. There are only two other mass shootings in the COUNTRY that had more killed than what happened yesterday in Chicago.

Here's where I got my stats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2022

You can sort by state, city, deaths, injured and total victims. Sort by Chicago and you will see that there have been 20 other mass shootings. You will also be able to look through the list and you will not see any other mass shooting in Chicago that had 7 killed and 25 injured. Not even close.

You might want to check the news. Because evidently more people were shot and killed this weekend alone (in Chicago) excluding the Highland Park shooting.

I'm not downplaying what happened here by any means. I'm just saying that this seems to be the only thing that "matters" with regards to what's going on in Chicago, simply because the shooter and victims were mostly white. You can message the numbers all you want, but the fact remains that this is simply a concern not for the people involved, but for the political opportunity that it presents.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/06/22 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
pilight wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
If I had some previous knowledge of my neighbor (or anyone else) being a threat to society, of course I would tell local LE and let them do their work.

Waste of time. Local law enforcement knew about this guy and did nothing. They are useless.

Not to mention underfunded and understaffed.

Cops are not underfunded

That absolutely depends on where you are.

In Chicago, like virtually every city in the country, the cops are the largest expenditure in the city budget. They are in no way underfunded.

PostPosted: 07/06/22 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
If I had some previous knowledge of my neighbor (or anyone else) being a threat to society, of course I would tell local LE and let them do their work.

Waste of time. Local law enforcement knew about this guy and did nothing. They are useless.

I could say the same about LE at the national level. I once reported an individual who was making threats online to bomb a city in the USA to the FBI. Want to know what they did about that? Nothing.

Not too long ago I met an aspiring terrorist while abroad who signaled his intent to do harm to the USA. I reported him to the DHS and CBP the minute I returned to U.S. soil. I'm willing to bet nothing became of that either.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/06/22 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

I could say the same about LE at the national level. I once reported an individual who was making threats online to bomb a city in the USA to the FBI. Want to know what they did about that? Nothing.

Not too long ago I met an aspiring terrorist while abroad who signaled his intent to do harm to the USA. I reported him to the DHS and CBP the minute I returned to U.S. soil. I'm willing to bet nothing became of that either.

How did you find out they did nothing? Did they give you some followup?

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 07/06/22 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

The online guy kept doing what he was doing for a while. CBP said they "will probably ask him some questions about his intentions next time he comes into the country."

Would that inspire YOU to report suspicious people to LE? Of course I'd still do it. But definitely not confident anything would be done about it. Like I said, I'd report it to the local authorities and let them take it from there.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/06/22 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Would that inspire YOU to report suspicious people to LE? Of course I'd still do it. But definitely not confident anything would be done about it. Like I said, I'd report it to the local authorities and let them take it from there.

What gives you that confidence about local cops, the biggest group of do-nothings in the country?

PostPosted: 07/06/22 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

What gives you that confidence about local cops, the biggest group of do-nothings in the country?

Absolutely nothing. But at least I could say I did something. Something more than they will do with the same information. At least I don't have to worry about local LE putting me on some kind of list that actually matters.

And that right there should demonstrate exactly why red flag laws don't work. "Good intentions" with no results. I can say with fairly good confidence that red flag laws stop as many criminals as the TSA does at our airports.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/06/22 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

The online guy kept doing what he was doing for a while. CBP said they "will probably ask him some questions about his intentions next time he comes into the country."

So you don't really know what they did or didn't do. Border Patrol can't enter another country to ask any questions anyway.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/06/22 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Quote:

Pointless waste of keystrokes, Ex-Ref....you're dealing with someone who operates on the logic that, since *we* haven't bemoaned the other gun deaths in the city that don't make headlines, why should we bitch about THIS mass murder? He's implying that gun deaths of and by illicit gun owners who shoot at each other is really equivalent to the murder of innocent, unarmed holiday gatherers by an owner of an assault rifle. Rolling Eyes

I know. I was hoping that I could get through that just because there are more people killed just about every weekend in Chicago, that this is the largest mass shooting. I just can't keep up with all of the changes in direction. Laughing

"“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd." --Nikki Haley
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/17/22 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The shooter was shot and killed by a 22 year old mall patron who had his gun with him. I have mixed feeling on this. On the one hand, I'm glad that more people weren't killed or injured. On the other hand, this is going to encourage every idiot in a state that seems to have too many idiots to carry a weapon.**

I've been to this mall many times, although not lately.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/07/17/greenwood-park-mall-shooting-victims-suspect/10083406002/

**On July 1 a new law went in to effect that permits aren't required to own a gun.
Quote:
Someone carrying a gun in Indiana no longer has the burden to prove they are legally allowed to do so.

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/local/constitutional-carry-gun-law-takes-effect-in-indiana-guns-firearm-permit/531-222e0e18-17a5-4823-a1f6-b733fb0fcc02

"“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd." --Nikki Haley
pilight

PostPosted: 07/18/22 7:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
The shooter was shot and killed by a 22 year old mall patron who had his gun with him. I have mixed feeling on this. On the one hand, I'm glad that more people weren't killed or injured. On the other hand, this is going to encourage every idiot in a state that seems to have too many idiots to carry a weapon.**

I think the video of the cops standing around while schoolkids are being shot will encourage more people to get guns for self defense. Clearly the cops aren't going to protect you.

PostPosted: 07/18/22 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cops are just grown up bullies that will only do their job when it benefits them. The videos that came out of them standing in the school's hallway while laughing and playing games on their cellphones is ridiculous. They should all lose their jobs.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/18/22 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Cops are just grown up bullies that will only do their job when it benefits them. The videos that came out of them standing in the school's hallway while laughing and playing games on their cellphones is ridiculous. They should all lose their jobs.

And any pensions/benefits they might otherwise have earned or been given. Don't let them retire with their full pensions or anything. Take that money that was set aside for that purpose and give it to the families.

I realize that mist likely all of the killing was done before the cops arrived. Still doesn't excuse their inaction. We (America) need to learn from this. Learn that there are consequences for your inaction as well as your actions.

Howee

PostPosted: 07/18/22 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Mmmm....that's FAR too broad of a generalization, imo. Those duds in Uvalde? Yes. But we all know the vast majority of policemen do their jobs with a willingness to sacrifice their lives.

PostPosted: 07/18/22 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Mmmm....that's FAR too broad of a generalization, imo. Those duds in Uvalde? Yes. But we all know the vast majority of policemen do their jobs with a willingness to sacrifice their lives.

That's a huge overstatement. The guys in Uvalde are much more typical of real cops than the romanticized TV version you're talking about.

PostPosted: 07/18/22 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:
toad455 wrote:

That's a huge overstatement. The guys in Uvalde are much more typical of real cops than the romanticized TV version you're talking about.

Prove it.

You can't, any more than I can prove my opinion, so it shall remain a matter of opinion. I DO know that, where I live (NOT a high-crime area) I have faith in my local police.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: