someone else
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 39

pilight

PostPosted: 07/04/22 7:46 am    ::: MVP Reply Reply with quote

Monday Poll time!

PostPosted: 07/04/22 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know she doesn't stand a chance but Skylar has been incredible to watch. Her level of play has just been so much fun. My only complaint is she doesn't trust her team enough and plays too much hero ball. But when she is on fire, she's the best in the league IMO.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/04/22 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Merc start winning she has a shot

PostPosted: 07/04/22 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
If the Merc start winning she has a shot

Like I said, she doesn't have a shot. 😂

I'd love to see that happen though.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/04/22 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
I know she doesn't stand a chance but Skylar has been incredible to watch. Her level of play has just been so much fun. My only complaint is she doesn't trust her team enough and plays too much hero ball. But when she is on fire, she's the best in the league IMO.
👍🏿

PostPosted: 07/04/22 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted for Skylar. Now if Sloot was a part of the poll I would have voted for her.

PostPosted: 07/04/22 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDS is having a nice individual season but I can't vote her MVP when she's shown poor leadership which has contributed to Phoenix's poor record.......It's not as if Phoenix has overachieved...They're in 9th place right now.....I took a look at Phoenix's 9 wins and I'm not all that impressed.

3 vs Ind
2 vs Sea (no Stewie)
1 vs Dal (no Gray, no Satou)
1 vs ATL (No Wheeler, No Hayes)
1 vs Wash (No EDD)
1 vs LA

Nice individual season from SDS, but not MVP. Now if Phoenix finishes strong and secures the 6th seed, I'd be willing to put SDS in my top 5.

My current top 5 MVP candidates:

Stewart
Wilson
Plum
Sloot
Parker

Shades

PostPosted: 07/04/22 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keeping it simple this week.

Wilson is coming for Stewart, and she has most wins on her side.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/05/22 7:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im voting for Stewie but if i had to choose anyone of the Aces then i would go for Plum. Her scoring, assists and her amazing shooting numbers has really impressed me. She was been the most consistent of the Aces IMO.
But she has to split her votes with Young and Wilson.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 07/05/22 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plum looked pretty good early on, lately her shooting and on court IQ has tailed off during the Aces current slide. I don’t like those wild drives in the paint looking for a foul call or the quick trigger on her shot in the first possession, it’s better to work the ball around the perimeter first before launching a three.

Right now I’m leaning towards Wilson as the Aces MVP, although to my eye they’ve (the team) looked their absolute best when Young was leading the way.

My dark horse right now is Nneka. After last season’s injury and Olympic snub she looks as good as ever! On court production and leadership of LA’s various personalities is impressive. It’s a shame she won’t be on Team USA because they could really use her this year.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 07/05/22 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I voted for Skylar. Now if Sloot was a part of the poll I would have voted for her.

Unfortunately, little to no credit is ever given for leadership. The top 6 or 7 players in the league are all MVPs.

Sloot has been the "best all-around PG" in the league for several years. She always get short changed by the media and voters. Skylar is the leader of the Mercury but Taurasi gets the accolades. Voting on anything is usually a popularity contest.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 07/05/22 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Unfortunately, little to no credit is ever given for leadership. The top 6 or 7 players in the league are all MVPs.

Sloot has been the "best all-around PG" in the league for several years. She always get short changed by the media and voters. Skylar is the leader of the Mercury but Taurasi gets the accolades. Voting on anything is usually a popularity contest.

Preach! 👏🏽

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/05/22 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Yes DT gets all the love in Phoenix. That's one of the reasons Diggins panties are tied in a complex knot right now. She is out there working her butt off but DT is the player that gets all the shine.

PostPosted: 07/05/22 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Yes DT gets all the love in Phoenix. That's one of the reasons Diggins panties are tied in a complex knot right now. She is out there working her butt off but DT is the player that gets all the shine.

If she wanted to be the top dog, maybe she should have worked on building a team rather than going ring shopping and forcing her way onto a team with the play many consider the GOAT.

I love it when players force their way onto teams by demanding one-sided trades and it doesn't work out.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/05/22 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

If she wanted to be the top dog, maybe she should have worked on building a team rather than going ring shopping and forcing her way onto a team with the play many consider the GOAT.

I love it when players force their way onto teams by demanding one-sided trades and it doesn't work out.
Being recognized for the work that you doing has nothing to do with being recognized as being the TOP DOG on the team. Let's not live in the past. The past can not be changed or altered.🤨

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: