Dream
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

BamaEd

PostPosted: 07/03/22 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
The optics here always seem so weird to me.

And yet again, "contractual restrictions" prevent me from watching the game. I am SEVEN hours from Atlanta and they're showing the ATLANTA Braves game on Fox Sports South but NBATV won't show the game because it's 'on" Fox Sports South. EFFED up contract!

Take care with those contracts y'all! Right now you're preventing more people from watching the games. SEVEN hours from Atlanta!!! Some serious overreach.

I believe it’s because they were on Bally Sports South Extra (because soccer starts right at 5pm ET). I don’t get extra on my cable system so I had to watch it on the app.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 07/03/22 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing so hard I'm peeing at Tina Charles' statline: 2 pts, 2 rebs,2 TO's, 3 fouls in 14 minutes.

Jantel: 8/3 with 0 turnovers, 0 fouls in 9 minutes.

LOL at anyone who thought that TC getting JL minutes would help this team. So when is TC going to quit this team at only getting 14 minutes? Or only getting off 6 shots (she made ONE shot)? Hello, TC, your role on this team is to come in off the bench and make plays that make the team better. Not to take minutes from a mediocre vet who plays better than you do.

And, FYI, Tina EARNED the "hate hard" from Mystics fans. She outright refused to play post defense on the Mystics team decimated by injury so the Mystics got outscored despite the points she put up. Then she totally trashed the entire roganization, coaches and players on her way out. Mercury's Sophie Cunninghame said it best "F U Tina Charles." She will not get a ring because she does not make the whole team better

~rAf
ChiSky54

PostPosted: 07/03/22 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice to see Cheyenne do well! I figure Pokey might be giving herself a pat on the back since she took a chance by drafting her.

Seems a stretch to honor Bird in Atlanta unless there is a connection I don't know about. I understood it for Fowles in Chi-town because of her long tenure. Maybe it was a way of signaling a sense of forgiveness after what happened.

PostPosted: 07/03/22 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
Nice to see Cheyenne do well! I figure Pokey might be giving herself a pat on the back since she took a chance by drafting her.

Seems a stretch to honor Bird in Atlanta unless there is a connection I don't know about. I understood it for Fowles in Chi-town because of her long tenure. Maybe it was a way of signaling a sense of forgiveness after what happened.

We honored Fowles pregame in Las Vegas, and will do so with Bird in August. It's done all the time when the greats announce they are retiring.

TigerVol

PostPosted: 07/03/22 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
The optics here always seem so weird to me.

And yet again, "contractual restrictions" prevent me from watching the game. I am SEVEN hours from Atlanta and they're showing the ATLANTA Braves game on Fox Sports South but NBATV won't show the game because it's 'on" Fox Sports South. EFFED up contract!

Take care with those contracts y'all! Right now you're preventing more people from watching the games. SEVEN hours from Atlanta!!! Some serious overreach.

I believe it’s because they were on Bally Sports South Extra (because soccer starts right at 5pm ET). I don’t get extra on my cable system so I had to watch it on the app.

I have both on cable (though box is fried so I'm streaming).

Should have been able to get the game feed on Xbox. Nope.

Was able to get it on my phone but the quality was horrible.

Was a huge sports south fan before bally.

App was great. Bally is horrible. Crashes my internet connection at least once per game whether dream, atl united or braves. Doesn't happen with any other service.

PostPosted: 07/03/22 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:

The coach is the connection - they gave her framed photos of she and Tanisha in game.

And they beat us in the finals.

Maybe as promo to pull bird fans to the game.

But really the coach.

PostPosted: 07/03/22 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ah, okay - thanks!

It does make sense to honor the greats - like a farewell tour. Of course it opens the door for some folks questioning why this one but not that one.

Some folks will always find a reason to complain. And that's their prerogative. But dang - with so much negativity in the world, can't we appreciate decent people doing good things on the court and elsewhere? In the greater scheme, isn't that the most important thing?

Of course, this is coming from someone who is still salty about the Colts leaving Baltimore even though I was gone 11 years when it happened and wasn't following football the same way I was growing up. I no longer have a home team and can't support the Bears because of the intense rivalry way back when!

So who am I to judge? Laughing

PostPosted: 07/03/22 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm always up for some good hatin', but the notion that hate is "earned" because the player didn't play up to expectations is entitled as fuck.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Shades

PostPosted: 07/03/22 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
Ah, okay - thanks!

It does make sense to honor the greats - like a farewell tour. Of course it opens the door for some folks questioning why this one but not that one.

Some folks will always find a reason to complain. And that's their prerogative. But dang - with so much negativity in the world, can't we appreciate decent people doing good things on the court and elsewhere? In the greater scheme, isn't that the most important thing?

Of course, this is coming from someone who is still salty about the Colts leaving Baltimore even though I was gone 11 years when it happened and wasn't following football the same way I was growing up. I no longer have a home team and can't support the Bears because of the intense rivalry way back when!

It’s pretty traditional to honor an announced retiree’s last regular season visit to an arena.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
BamaEd

PostPosted: 07/03/22 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great game by my Dream today. Defense really did their thing, especially on the 3 point line. The games where they got down big early, the other teams were just killing it beyond the arc. Holding the Storm to 9-32 was a good start. Plus Stewart was the only player in double figures, another positive.

Parker played with such confidence today, it was great to see. Who knew that 7-12 for 16 points would be "quiet" for Howard but it was such a team effort I was shocked at that scoreline.

Having a mostly full team (just Coffey still out) has been great for them. This is the team we saw at the beginning of the season that started out hot. Now that Hayes is back, that gives them more scoring and leadership. Do I think they will win it all? Not yet, but this is a team that will cause others problems. Can't wait to see where they go from here.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/03/22 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hand out posters of the enemy every game if this is the on-court result

PostPosted: 07/03/22 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Oh, so you don't want the Sue Bird giveaway poster from the game?

I ripped that thing in half and left it on the floor

PostPosted: 07/03/22 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pilight, that seems out of character for you. Mind you, I have no idea who you are, but still it seems out of character Laughing Laughing

Queenie

PostPosted: 07/03/22 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Sic semper bullshit.

PostPosted: 07/04/22 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:

I think every franchise is honoring both players (which I imagine will make Seattle’s last game at Minnesota especially epic, since it’s also Minnesota’s last game at Minnesota, unless the Lynx did something for Bird at their other matchup in Minny). I know New York did, and took it to extremes with Bird.

PostPosted: 07/04/22 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least the Aces stunk it up too.

craigmont

PostPosted: 07/04/22 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:
Ah, okay - thanks!

It’s pretty traditional to honor an announced retiree’s last regular season visit to an arena.

Did they say anything about Briann January today?

scullyfu

PostPosted: 07/04/22 4:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Shades wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:
Ah, okay - thanks!

Did they say anything about Briann January today?

it was mentioned that she’s announced her retirement at the end of the season.

PostPosted: 07/04/22 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Don't be a litter bug. Put it in the trash 🗑️.

PostPosted: 07/04/22 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do believe it's odd to give out a memento like a poster in this situation.

I didn't understand why, during Loyd's rookie year, the Sky scheduled a meet and greet with her after a game. She's from Lincolnwood, a suburb with its eastern border adjacent to Chicago. Naperville (Parker's home), is 30-50 miles away, depending, btw Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: