pilight wrote:
https://espnpressroom.com/us/the-2022-espys-nominees/

Quote:
BEST WNBA PLAYER
Jonquel Jones, Connecticut Sun
Sylvia Fowles, Minnesota Lynx
Skylar Diggins-Smith, Phoenix Mercury
Candace Parker, Chicago Sky

And Candace Parker is up for Best Female Athlete. Has there ever been a bigger farce in the history of awards than Candace Parker winning the 2021 AP Female Athlete of the Year and now this? She averaged 13 and 8 on a team, that sure, won a championship, but she wasn't even the second best player on her team in the playoffs.

Oh wait, yes there was, Candace Parker winning WNBA DPOY in 2020 because of the Sparks PR machine and Debbie Antonelli.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 06/29/22 12:03 pm    ::: Re: ESPY Nominees Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:
BEST WNBA PLAYER

And Candace Parker is up for Best Female Athlete. Has there ever been a bigger farce in the history of awards than Candace Parker winning the 2021 AP Female Athlete of the Year and now this? She averaged 13 and 8 on a team, that sure, won a championship, but she wasn't even the second best player on her team in the playoffs.

Oh wait, yes there was, Candace Parker winning WNBA DPOY in 2020 because of the Sparks PR machine and Debbie Antonelli.

Who would you put up for the award keeping in mind impact on and off the court? Given the year she had, I'm struggling to figure out who would compare, particularly in 2021.

mercfan

PostPosted: 06/29/22 3:30 pm    ::: Re: ESPY Nominees Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
ucbart wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:
BEST WNBA PLAYER

Who would you put up for the award keeping in mind impact on and off the court? Given the year she had, I'm struggling to figure out who would compare, particularly in 2021.

Is off the court part of the criteria?

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/29/22 4:20 pm    ::: Re: ESPY Nominees Reply Reply with quote

WARNING WARNING WARNING - No UConn players on the list! Let the whining begin!

ucbart wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:
BEST WNBA PLAYER

~rAf
ucbart

PostPosted: 06/29/22 7:05 pm    ::: Re: ESPY Nominees Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

ucbart wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:
BEST WNBA PLAYER

RAF, you've completely lost it. Please seek professional help. IDGAFFFFF about UCONN players being on the ESPY list. The ESPY's are the dumbest awards of all time. Your obsessive UCONN hatred is so tired.

You bitch, piss, and moan on here constantly, re: UCONN players. My argument, re: Parker has 0 to do with UCONN. But if it was, why is it ok for you to INCESSANTLY bitch about UCONN players, but I can't make that post? You're such a hypocrite here I can't stand it.

Last edited by ucbart on 06/29/22 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
ucbart

PostPosted: 06/29/22 7:09 pm    ::: Re: ESPY Nominees Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
ucbart wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:
BEST WNBA PLAYER

Is off the court part of the criteria?

I mean, Sunisa Lee won Olympic gold in Gymnastics, Katie Ledecky dominated swimming, Sloot was the architect of that championship. Parker sat out a lot of the season and averaged 13 & 8. If that's the athlete of the year, we better step our games, ladies.

Since when has off the court stuff ever been a criteria for AP athlete of the year?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/29/22 10:33 pm    ::: Re: ESPY Nominees Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

Since when has off the court stuff ever been a criteria for AP athlete of the year?

And if it was, what did she do off the court that was impactful?

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 06/30/22 6:57 am    ::: Re: ESPY Nominees Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
ucbart wrote:

Someone (or some outlet) listed all of the things she accomplished last year and it was pretty amazing. Maybe it was when she was named one of Times most influential people, I'm not sure.

At any rate, I have no idea what the criteria is for the ESPYs and rarely, if ever vote for these things, but like most awards it's a popularity contest and everyone is free to vote for who they like. Suni and Katie are on the list and are fine candidates for sure. Go Ladies!!

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 06/30/22 6:57 am    ::: Re: ESPY Nominees Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
ucbart wrote:

Opps double post! Happy Thursday folks!

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/30/22 1:00 pm    ::: Re: ESPY Nominees Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

ucbart wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:
BEST WNBA PLAYER

RAF, you've completely lost it. Please seek professional help. IDGAFFFFF about UCONN players being on the ESPY list. The ESPY's are the dumbest awards of all time. Your obsessive UCONN hatred is so tired.

You bitch, piss, and moan on here constantly, re: UCONN players. My argument, re: Parker has 0 to do with UCONN. But if it was, why is it ok for you to INCESSANTLY bitch about UCONN players, but I can't make that post? You're such a hypocrite here I can't stand it.

I'm guessing you don't see it, but your obsessive hatred of Candace, Skylar, Muffett and other non Uconn players and coaches is off the charts. But resume b!tching about a meaningless award and continue ignoring the tremendous impact of players like Candace Parker. Did Candace care that she didn't have the best stats on a Championship team? No. Did she have her body ready to contribute to her team's victory? You betcha!

~rAf
ucbart

PostPosted: 06/30/22 6:32 pm    ::: Re: ESPY Nominees Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

ucbart wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:
BEST WNBA PLAYER

I'm guessing you don't see it, but your obsessive hatred of Candace, Skylar, Muffett and other non Uconn players and coaches is off the charts. But resume b!tching about a meaningless award and continue ignoring the tremendous impact of players like Candace Parker. Did Candace care that she didn't have the best stats on a Championship team? No. Did she have her body ready to contribute to her team's victory? You betcha!

LOL! This coming from the woman who literally bashes Tina Charles, both professionally and personally ad nauseum. I mean, she gives up her salary to charity every year and has her own charity that literally, saved someone's life. It's amazing to me that you can't see the tremendous impact she's had.

Be good!

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/30/22 8:49 pm    ::: Re: ESPY Nominees Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

ucbart wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:
BEST WNBA PLAYER

LOL! This coming from the woman who literally bashes Tina Charles, both professionally and personally ad nauseum. I mean, she gives up her salary to charity every year and has her own charity that literally, saved someone's life. It's amazing to me that you can't see the tremendous impact she's had.

Be good!

"If you can't be good, be good at it." And, yeah, I bash Tina Charles, the basketball player as the selfish player she is and for refusing to accept the role her team needs her to play. As a fan of one of the teams she trashed on her way out, she deserves to get as good as she gives.

~rAf
Queenie

PostPosted: 06/30/22 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not supposed to moderate you. But children, please.

(now with spelling variations)
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 07/01/22 7:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/30/sport/candace-parker-sue-bird-make-wnba-history-spt-intl/index.html?fbclid=IwAR3lmzWqpDHWoZk6cmd4D-jm7cb3mJ66cjIdCMud4IZZENrJpRZ9dU_Qmy8

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 07/21/22 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Candace Parker wins best WNBA player

PostPosted: 07/21/22 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I’m just gonna be nice

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 07/21/22 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
pilight wrote:

I’m just gonna be nice

Well, my mother always said; "If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me!"

jap

PostPosted: 07/23/22 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
mercfan wrote:
pilight wrote:

I’m just gonna be nice

Well, my mother always said; "If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me!"

At least the never ending whining about Ace is not nearly as bad as when she was affiliated with the City of Angels. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: