RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Washington Mystics 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 05/19/22 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per Kareem Copeland Washington Post:

Myisha Hines-Allen is dealing with a quad contusion. Thibault said she’s feeling better today than yesterday but remains a question mark for tomorrow. She didn’t do any team work today, just individual shooting drills.

https://twitter.com/kareemcopeland/status/1527333797670182932

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 05/28/22 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quick scheduling update for Elena Delle Donne from Mike Thibault. She will travel to and play in Indiana. Will play at home vs. Liberty. Decision not yet made on the road trip to Chicago.

https://twitter.com/kareemcopeland/status/1530614906076246022

wnbafan

PostPosted: 06/03/22 7:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.swishappeal.com/wnba/2022/6/2/23149675/washington-mystics-elena-delle-donne-offensive-impact-deeper-wnba-basketball

I'm no expert, but I agree with this analysis. Hopefully Austin and Williams will provide more rim offense.

Whet I see lacking is offensive rebounds.... just from watching, I haven't looked at stats.

GO MYSTICS!

PostPosted: 06/03/22 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh no the Mystics are merely a very good team when missing their best player. What a disaster.

threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 06/04/22 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Natasha Cloud residual effects of covid

https://www.courant.com/sports/connecticut-sun/hc-sp-wnba-connecticut-sun-travel-issues-storm-natasha-cloud-breanna-stewart-20220601-fenod74rmve67p3cjxphwzkwzq-story.html

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/24/22 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics waive Kennedy Burke

PostPosted: 06/24/22 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Crying or Very sad I thought she'd looked decent in a backup role- a good defender. at least. But her three shooting has been shit.

wnbafan

PostPosted: 06/25/22 6:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Crying or Very sad I thought she'd looked decent in a backup role- a good defender. at least. But her three shooting has been shit.

Is there a backup point guard they can pick up? I don't think Machida is a good fit. She can't seem to pass the ball over the bigs.

PostPosted: 06/25/22 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm really hoping they don't sign Westbrook. That would be a total waste of time.

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/25/22 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Is there a backup point guard they can pick up? I don't think Machida is a good fit. She can't seem to pass the ball over the bigs.

they've hyped her so much that I would be surprised if they gave up on her this soon.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/25/22 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
wnbafan wrote:
myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

they've hyped her so much that I would be surprised if they gave up on her this soon.

They also would've cut her yesterday along with everyone else to avoid guaranteeing her salary if they were giving up one her entirely.

The most common scenario in these situations is often re-signing the same player to a 7-day deal. If it's not Burke again, maybe Benzan returning would be a possibility? Thibault was pretty effusive in his praise for her on her way out the door.

PostPosted: 06/25/22 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Talked to Mike Thibault about the release of Kennedy Burke. Contracts got guaranteed yesterday and that would have left the roster set as is the rest of the way. Thibault wanted some flexibility to tweak moving forward. Burke was a casualty of that.

The plan is to sign someone Monday or Tuesday to a 7 day contract and could use those multiple times moving forward as they sort things out.

https://twitter.com/kareemcopeland/status/1540781733561241600

wnbafan

PostPosted: 06/25/22 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
wnbafan wrote:
myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

They also would've cut her yesterday along with everyone else to avoid guaranteeing her salary if they were giving up one her entirely.

The most common scenario in these situations is often re-signing the same player to a 7-day deal. If it's not Burke again, maybe Benzan returning would be a possibility? Thibault was pretty effusive in his praise for her on her way out the door.

I forgot about Benzan. You may be on to the plan. I'm cool with that.

PostPosted: 06/27/22 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics sign Evina Westbrook

PostPosted: 06/27/22 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Westbrook does get around the league for sure. You did say that UCONN players do make rosters.🤓

PostPosted: 06/27/22 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
pilight wrote:

Westbrook does get around the league for sure. You did say that UCONN players do make rosters.🤓

Just a waste. I would have rather had Benzan.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 06/27/22 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And1 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
pilight wrote:

Just a waste. I would have rather had Benzan.

I believe the Mystics have already signed Katie Benzan to Two 7 Day Contracts, the Mystics might be able to sign Katie Benzan to 1 more 7 Day Contract this WNBA Season.

https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/wnba-cba-and-salary-cap-explained-6c5

Per Her Hoop:

What is a seven-day contract?

A seven-day contract is exactly what it sounds like, a contract that is in effect for only seven days. They may only be signed in the second half of the season. These contracts are used as a flexible alternative to standard or rest-of-season contracts when filling out the roster, or when covering for an injured player.

The contracts are at the minimum base salary and prorated where the fraction is seven divided by the total number of days in the regular season. Seven-day contracts cannot extend to or past the end of the regular season, so they must be signed at least eight days prior to the last day of the regular season. Additionally, one team can only sign a single player to three or fewer seven-day contracts in any one season.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/27/22 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
I believe the Mystics have already signed Katie Benzan to Two 7 Day Contracts

They have not. She was signed to a training camp contract, didn't make the team and was waived. She was then signed to a hardship contract, and released. None of those are 7-day contracts, which don't even become legal until after the midpoint of the season.

PostPosted: 06/27/22 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
I believe the Mystics have already signed Katie Benzan to Two 7 Day Contracts

They have not. She was signed to a training camp contract, didn't make the team and was waived. She was then signed to a hardship contract, and released. None of those are 7-day contracts, which don't even become legal until after the midpoint of the season.

Okay, Katie Benzan is eligible to sign Three 7 Day Contracts with the Mystics for the rest of this WNBA Regular Season but wouldn't be eligible to play with the Mystics in the playoffs

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/27/22 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
...but wouldn't be eligible to play with the Mystics in the playoffs

Not on a seven-day, no. But nothing to stop them ultimately signing her to a Rest-of-Season deal at any point (after 0, 1, 2, or 3 of those 7-days).

PostPosted: 06/28/22 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
pilight wrote:

Reeve had little choice but to waiver Westbrook, not that she wanted to I don't believe. With Achonwa coming off injury, Reeve needs to keep as many bigs to protect against a recurred Fowles injury and shortened player time. Reeve is secure with the experienced guards she has but needed to make a decision. Reeve needs to and should keep Milic.

Westbrook, except for shooting, is a solid player and a very good defender. She just needs time to fully develop.- kind of like Alysha Clark and Cloud did. Thibault has patience and a good track record so Washington is the best place for Westbrook to be to learn the pro game and develop more with the two experienced players on board that I mentioned. Of course, she will need more than a 7 day contract to do so.

I'm hoping for her that it will happen.

wnbafan

PostPosted: 07/17/22 7:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone know why Hawkins is not getting any minutes?

PostPosted: 07/17/22 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:

Her minutes are in the upside down

PostPosted: 07/17/22 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:

Clearly the Mystics have so many good post players that she can't crack the rotation

PostPosted: 07/17/22 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
wnbafan wrote:

Clearly the Mystics have so many good post players that she can't crack the rotation

Expectations for THawk were high, coming off her domination of Athletes Unlimited. For whatever reason(s), she's not getting it done on this squad, so not getting the minutes. Very disappointing!

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: