RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

19 Students & 2 Teachers Dead in Texas Shooting
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/24/22 4:23 pm    ::: 19 Students & 2 Teachers Dead in Texas Shooting Reply Reply with quote

When will it stop?

*Edited title to reflect increase in the number killed from 14 students to 18.
**Again to reflect the increase in the number killed from 18 students to 19.
***Again to reflect a decrease in the number killed from 3 teachers to 2.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 05/25/22 8:30 am; edited 3 times in total
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 05/24/22 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When parents pay more attention to their teenage sons.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/24/22 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Steve Kerr comments.
Quote:
"When are we going to do something?" Kerr questioned as he slammed his hands on the table in frustration, while holding back tears. "I'm so tired of getting up here and offering condolences to the devastated families that are out there. I'm so tired. Excuse me. I'm sorry. I'm tired of moments of silence. Enough."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2022/05/24/steve-kerr-passionate-speech-texas-shooting-nba-reaction/9916579002/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/24/22 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Natasha Cloud comments

https://twitter.com/WashMystics/status/1529276137284804608

PostPosted: 05/25/22 1:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Natasha Cloud comments

https://twitter.com/WashMystics/status/1529276137284804608

Articulate and clear young lady, addressing a hopelessly unfixable problem.

PostPosted: 05/25/22 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You would think that after the Newtown incident every school in the country would have stepped up security. They certainly did where I live. But I guess not so much elsewhere.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 05/25/22 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
You would think that after the Newtown incident every school in the country would have stepped up security. They certainly did where I live. But I guess not so much elsewhere.

CNN said he was "engaged by school district police officers" and local PD when he tried to enter the school but got in anyway. So I guess they had security but it was ineffective against Kevlar and assault weapons.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/25/22 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

CNN said he was "engaged by school district police officers" and local PD when he tried to enter the school but got in anyway. So I guess they had security but it was ineffective against Kevlar and assault weapons.

Yeah, but surely some elementary-school-budget security guard would have stopped him in his tracks

PostPosted: 05/25/22 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

Yeah, but surely some elementary-school-budget security guard would have stopped him in his tracks

....or any of the teachers that were carrying guns on their way to lunch with the kids.... Rolling Eyes

"More security" AIN'T working!

There were 27 school shootings with injuries or deaths this year.
.....The U.S. has surpassed 200 mass shootings this year

And it's not even June yet.

PostPosted: 05/25/22 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

Amazingly none of the cops who allegedly "engaged" the shooter were killed or injured...

PostPosted: 05/25/22 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

Amazingly none of the cops who allegedly "engaged" the shooter were killed or injured...

ETA: Those 3 officers were all wounded.
Quote:
Ramos then crashed his truck through a railing on the school grounds, and an Uvalde school district officer exchanged fire with him and was wounded, Considine said. Ramos went inside and exchanged more gunfire with two arriving Uvalde police officers, who were still outside, Considine said. Those officers were also wounded.

https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-texas-school-shooting-44a7cfb990feaa6ffe482483df6e4683

After he got inside, the officers on scene started breaking windows and evacuating children. A tactical team arrived and eventually shot the killer with one officer wounded.
More here...https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/us/uvalde-texas-elementary-school-shooting-wednesday/index.html

Amazingly none of the people who knew of his weapons and/or intentions beforehand reported him to law enforcement.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/25/22 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And THEN....THERE'S THIS!

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump is scheduled to speak at the National Rifle Association's Annual Leadership Forum on Friday. But audience members at the group's annual meeting, being held this year in Houston, won't be able to carry guns during his address.

Crazy-ass chicken-shits, fight for the rights of 18-year-olds to have guns so they can mow down grocery shoppers and little kids, but are too afraid to be shot at themselves - huh!

PostPosted: 05/25/22 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BSC (Bat Shit Crazy) Republicans resorting to this?
Quote:
Rep. Paul Gosar, an Arizona Republican, said of the shooter in a since-deleted tweet, “It’s a transsexual leftist illegal alien named Salvatore Ramos.” Gosar has not returned a request for comment.

Is there no limit to their shameless depravity??

PostPosted: 05/25/22 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You should probably check out The Onion's homepage today.

(if it changes by the time you see this, here's an archived version: http://web.archive.org/web/20220525203935/https://www.theonion.com/)

(now with spelling variations)
pilight

PostPosted: 05/26/22 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Police narrative on Texas school shooting in question as new details emerge

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-narrative-on-texas-school-shooting-in-question-as-new-details-emerge-132129728.html

Quote:
police waited outside the school for at least 40 minutes while parents and onlookers urged them to do something

PostPosted: 05/26/22 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shoutout to the mom who had time to be handcuffed, talk her way out of the handcuffs, charge into the school, and get back out with her kids before the cops could get their thumbs out of their asses.

(now with spelling variations)
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 05/26/22 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe they were waiting for the tactical team to arrive.

I feel sorry for law enforcement officers. No matter what they do, they're wrong. They used too much force. Or they didn't use force soon enough. They shouldn't have used their guns. Or they should have called a SWAT team. Or they shouldn't have waited for a SWAT team. They can't win.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/26/22 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Husband of one of the two teachers killed dies after visiting the memorial.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/05/26/joe-garcia-husband-irma-garcia-texas-school-shooting/9948913002/

Howee

PostPosted: 05/26/22 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I feel sorry for law enforcement officers....They can't win.

I generally feel some empathy for them, in the hellacious difficulties they face in these situations. Now, if it's Border Patrol officers that have to take down a school shooter, after a killer is in a school for nearly an hour....?? There seems to be some significant human error in all that.

However, from what I can glean, the kid was holed up in one classroom; with his kind of weaponry, a police officer just down the hall couldn't have saved them once he got in there. Given the time he was in the building, it's a miracle many more weren't murdered - maybe law enforcement prevented at least that much.

PostPosted: 05/26/22 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
I feel sorry for law enforcement officers....They can't win.

I generally feel some empathy for them, in the hellacious difficulties they face in these situations. Now, if it's Border Patrol officers that have to take down a school shooter, after a killer is in a school for nearly an hour....?? There seems to be some significant human error in all that.

However, from what I can glean, the kid was holed up in one classroom; with his kind of weaponry, a police officer just down the hall couldn't have saved them once he got in there. Given the time he was in the building, it's a miracle many more weren't murdered - maybe law enforcement prevented at least that much.

IDK. So many of these reports are contradictory with unnamed, unauthorized sources. The Texas Rangers are apparently the official investigators and I don't think we're going to know what actually happened until their report is completed.

This happened in a town of 15K, which was 80 miles away from San Antonio, the next largest city. There was a school district police dept (employing 4-7 officers) and city PD (unknown number employed) who apparently arrived on scene within 4 minutes. Apparently no school district officers were already there because they spend most of their time at the middle and high schools. This school had no armed marshals like some other TX schools do.

Two or three of those officers were wounded and the shooter got in through a door that was supposed to be locked but wasn't. Multiple officers followed but couldn't get a line of sight on the shooter to take him down, and he was in one classroom with access to an adjacent one. Officers evacuated kids from other areas.

At some point, someone made the decision to wait for a tactical team, consisting mostly of Border Patrol officers, who undoubtedly took a while to get there (Uvalde is 54 miles from the border). They couldn't breach the classroom door and had to get a key to have it unlocked.

It sounds to me like the school was unprepared, and the local PD was overwhelmed. I don't know that any school in an isolated town of this size would have fared much better once a shooter gained access. They were very fortunate that the hospital there was able to handle a mass casualty incident like this.

Just my take on everything I've read so far.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 05/27/22 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You conveniently left out the part where they tased and handcuffed parents.

Also:
"Had to get a key to have it unlocked." You mean they forced the school janitor in harms way to unlock the door to the classroom where the shooter was? Never mind the fact that their SWAT team apparently couldn't get through a locked door.

"Local PD was overwhelmed." They must need 50% or 60% or 70% of the local budget instead of 40% -- then I bet they'd be adequately whelmed. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 05/27/22 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/texas-police-lieutenant-says-cops-were-reluctant-to-engage-gunman-because-they-couldve-been-shot/

Quote:
At that point, if they proceeded any further not knowing where the suspect was at, they could’ve been shot, they could’ve been killed, and that gunman would have had an opportunity to kill other people inside that school.

PostPosted: 05/27/22 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey kids in there, yell out if you're alive and want to be discovered and shot.

https://twitter.com/KENS5/status/1529922141222842368

PostPosted: 05/27/22 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/texas-police-lieutenant-says-cops-were-reluctant-to-engage-gunman-because-they-couldve-been-shot/

Quote:
At that point, if they proceeded any further not knowing where the suspect was at, they could’ve been shot, they could’ve been killed, and that gunman would have had an opportunity to kill other people inside that school.

Now this is a quote from a Dept of Public Safety official who wasn't even there speaking in generalities. Besides whatever happened at that school, the media isn't doing any better at clarifying anything, just interviewing anyone they can find who feels like talking.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 05/27/22 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All those LE people are doing a classic CYA. Btw, there was an unlocked door they could’ve used, the same one that Mrs. Gomez used to get her 2 kids out. The same door the shooter used, btw. So why did they have to wait for a key?

Why was border control involved? Were they going to arrest anyone they thought were illegals?

Since Columbine the SOP has been to go in & save as many as possible. But these ‘men’, these ‘good guys with guns’ were more worried about being shot, so let 19 children & 2 teachers die. And then there’s 17 other victims who didn’t die.

Why no Spanish interpreter at the presser? When asked about one, reported that the official turned & left. 80+% Hispanic & all those officials are white. Coincidence?

Why are they lying? This has been fucked up from the getgo & their multiple stories of time lines, there was a resource office until there wasn’t, no parent was handcuffed, etc. excuse me while I believe the parents.

Boss Hogg can go straight to hell. & he can take Ted Cruz with him.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: