RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mercury @ Sparks - 5/25/22
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jap

PostPosted: 05/25/22 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brittney says the Sparks have not really had practice time since the season began. No wonder they have problems finishing games. I hope Kristi is doing some solo practice sessions. We need her to hit the floor running when she comes in.

#NATC

PostPosted: 05/25/22 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Karlie with the nice payment and seats to be a nice spectator tonight. Easiest money she’s made lol

About time she got some money for doing nothing except physically being in the building. For years she has been watching her sister getting paid for not defending and not scoring.

I'll bet Charles playing 36 minutes and DT 35 was not on the Phx script a few months ago. Yikes.

PostPosted: 05/26/22 2:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
I think I've watched 3 games between the 2 teams I follow on league pass thus far this season. I'm not getting my money's worth. Rolling Eyes

I don't have Prime, Facebook, ESPN or any other outlet the league dumps these games on... Rolling Eyes

Yeah, ditto. Getting burned by these Prime games is becoming annoying, especially when it's the only game of the night.
I miss the good ol days when league pass had a more user-friendly interface and zero games were blacked out for me during the regular season.

root_thing wrote:
I have Amazon Prime but they're telling me it's blacked out regionally. In this case, I think they mean not within the region since I'm in New York. Usually, they tell you if it's Prime Indiana or Prime Seattle or something when it's within the region only. This says nothing but it's still blocked.

Yeah, it's annoying. The W has more outlets paying for the privilege of exclusively airing games live, but it bites many fans who don't have multiple subscriptions in the butt.

When I canceled a free Amazon Prime trial, I learned about the standalone sub Prime Video ($8.99/month). They've got a lot of good stuff - but who has the time to watch it all? Laughing I could watch tonight's game (but fell asleep), but last week's Sky game was blocked. The games are on demand there and on League Pass after the exclusivity. I watch LP on my laptop. It didn't show an option to watch this matchup live - just promoted its next live game.

Thy Sky is covering my LP membership for the first time. YouTubeTV has the ESPNs and CBS Sports Network. I added Prime Video earlier this year. I hate but have Twitter and Facebook - just gotta ignore the comments feeds (watched my first game there last week). As I've said, I'm okay with watching delayed games, but I know that's frustrating for many here, especially since there are way more than in the past. It caught me by surprise when I was set to watch the Sky's game on Prime and found it was blocked...

PostPosted: 05/26/22 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

About time she got some money for doing nothing except physically being in the building. For years she has been watching her sister getting paid for not defending and not scoring.

Savage Luuuc! I approve though 🤣🤣

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/26/22 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

I'll bet Charles playing 36 minutes and DT 35 was not on the Phx script a few months ago. Yikes.

Yep, all of the roster upheaval so early in the season not to mention BG’s situation has contributed to a not so good time for the Merc. I think they can still turn things around once everyone is back.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 05/26/22 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You’re probably aware that the Prime Seattle only games are available On Demand as a replay. I’ve seen all the Storm games the next morning. West Coast games are too late to watch anyway here on the East Coast.

PostPosted: 05/26/22 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Savage Luuuc! I approve though 🤣🤣

In fact I think Karlie may be more valuable. She actually plays defense and exerts some effort. KLS is only good when her shot is falling, which happened in this game for the first time this year.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/26/22 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Karlie with the nice payment and seats to be a nice spectator tonight. Easiest money she’s made lol

Very Happy All of this! Laughing

I honestly don't know how KLS stays in this league. She stays in by her fingertips, but she stays in. People keep thinking "she's tall...her shot will start falling." Yes, she made shots in one game but it seems nothing will make her capable of guarding anything but a stationery chair.

And, I've never been so glad to NOT have a scoring champ on my team as I am to NOT have Tina Charles on the Mystics this season. After her sour grapes, it's 100% karma to have her next team also have multiple injuries, forcing her to play big minutes. Of course, nobody's forcing her to put up more shots than anybody else...that's just her game these days (along with not going in the paint). In chasing a championship, she's focused on the wrong thing: she keeps changing teams instead of changing herself.

And, by the way, the Mystics are playing WAY better this season, whether EDD is on the floor or not. Everybody's stepping up...hmmm...wonder what changed in that locker room?

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 05/26/22 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
I honestly don't know how KLS stays in this league.

It pays to be blonde

PostPosted: 05/26/22 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's interesting that when I attended the draft party that year, folks in the know said "What?!???" when Chicago drafted KLS. Then the team, which is picky about what named jerseys to sell, chose hers. Yeah, she got hurt at some point that year, but it seems people knew she would never lived up to the hype.

PostPosted: 05/26/22 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
It's interesting that when I attended the draft party that year, folks in the know said "What?!???" when Chicago drafted KLS. Then the team, which is picky about what named jerseys to sell, chose hers. Yeah, she got hurt at some point that year, but it seems people knew she would never lived up to the hype.

Chicago could have had Collier.🤨

PostPosted: 05/27/22 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

Chicago could have had Collier.🤨

True, but would they have been able to trade for Stevens? I can't remember all the pieces involved in that acquisition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: